Packers_Finland
13 years ago

I think we should do what Lawrence Taylor use to - send Prostitutes over to their hotels Saturday night to keep them up all night

"Porforis" wrote:

Oh god, imagine the media flurry if Big Ben was accused of having sex with one of these hookers.

"DakotaT" wrote:

I don't get it. Big Ben isn't allowed to have sex now?
This is a placeholder
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
13 years ago

I'm gonna suspend the idiots who say something referring to scoring more points than the other team, or making sure the other team scores less points.

Edit, LMAO ... okay after my post, didn't see Porforis's post.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Nah.. it will just nuke down to more talk about sex. 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Porforis
13 years ago

I think we should do what Lawrence Taylor use to - send Prostitutes over to their hotels Saturday night to keep them up all night

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

Oh god, imagine the media flurry if Big Ben was accused of having sex with one of these hookers.

"Porforis" wrote:

I don't get it. Big Ben isn't allowed to have sex now?

"DakotaT" wrote:

More about the way he views women, omg proof that he raped them etc etc etc.
warhawk
13 years ago
I think the bottom line is how well our OL plays. I think our D will continue to play well and our front seven will outperform their Oline.

I see Pittsburgh doing whatever it takes to get after Rodgers. I doubt we can expect much out of the run offense other than McCarthy continuing to slam a RB in there to keep them somewhat honest.

If we can pick up the blitzes and probably more importantly not let them get to Rodgers without a blitz I think we will be fine. I think Rodgers plays out of the shotgun more than normal with McCarthy figuring the Steelers are coming after our QB and letting him make them pay when they blitz.

As long as Rodgers stays upright we win. He goes down four or five times and this is going to be a tough game to pull out.
"The train is leaving the station."
Finley88Beast
13 years ago
On Offense it's protection and running the ball WE need a little bit of a running game doesn't have to be 120+ yards but a lot of carries.The more carries you get the better.

On Defense do what we do best blitz and cause turnovers if we win the turnover battle we'll win.I forsee us doing a lot of all out blitzes to keep ben in the pocket or we can do the micheal vick approach by using woodson as a spy. 🙂
A Quote from my brother Mike(Bears Fan)
"Fucking Greg Jennings"
After he makes a catch
13 years ago
Keys to the game you say?

UserPostedImage 
UserPostedImage 
Zero2Cool is my captain.
Greg C.
13 years ago
I'm not sure where this idea came from of Aaron Rodgers being nervous early in games and overthrowing his receivers. I don't recall that being an issue with him.

I agree with warhawk that our offensive line is the key. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, and they are our weakest link. If they play like they did at Detroit, we are screwed. If they play well, we probably win.

Thanks to pack93z for a great post to start this thread. I wish I had time for a full reply.

Somebody mentioned special teams. I think the reason that hasn't been mentioned much is that neither team is anything great on special teams, so they will probably cancel each other out. In a close game, of course, one big special teams play can be the difference. It's just very hard to guess which team is more likely to get that big special teams play, if there is going to be one. No Desmond Howards this time around.
blank
Porforis
13 years ago
Please, please don't give ARod the Madden Curse.
nerdmann
13 years ago
The thing about Arodge getting nervous comes from the playoff game last year against Arizona.
What I'm more worried about is:
1: WRs getting stripped.
2: WRs dropping sure TDs.
3: Special Teams.
4: The running game.
The defense will bend but won't break. Special teams, we just never know. As far as the offense, if we can NOT be stripped AND NOT drop sure TDs, we can avoid the patented "ugly 14 point swing."
Like Woody said, if your team has problems winning close games, then don't make it close. Blow them out.
Here are some things IMO we can do to prevent our WRs from being stripped and from dropping sure TDs: Move the chains. Don't keep throwing deep for the home run. Burn clock. Wear down the defense. That will also help the RBs ice the game in the 2nd half. Dominate time of possession. Keep Ben off the field.
NOTE: Here's another thing. I firmly believe that Mike McCarthy will have something brand new up his sleeve. Something that none of us have seen yet. And that Dick LeBeau has not seen yet. There's gonna be a wrinkle or two. So look for some screens, especially to Starks. Get the backs involved more. High percentage plays.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dyeah_gb
13 years ago
We will win if we can do the following:

1. We need to get TDs when we are 1st and goal. At times, we have struggled when we get within 10 yds of the goal line. The regular season Atlanta game was probably the worst of these situations.

2. Win the special teams battle. Our offense struggled against the Bears in the NFC championship but we did an awesome job maintaining good field position.

3. We need to avoid WR dropsies in critical moments.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10h) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (13h) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16h) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.