gbpfan
13 years ago
I really can't put it into words,but the excitement is there for sure and this old lady still think the pack comes out on top witch means a lot because I see D.D.'s green from ear to ear when he gets his ring,I guess you could say that I'm really happy the pack is back and it is a team to be proud of.
LambeauEast
13 years ago
Super Bowls 31 and 32 I was watching both in the most uncomfortable scenarios. One was in a crowded American Legion hall surrounded by people more concerned with the battle of the bulge than the game at hand. Needless to say, I heard no part of the game. The other, was at an off track betting establishment, supposedly on a theater size screen. Late arrival, due to slow and pokey ex wife, ending up on a tiny tv in the corner of the room. Barely saw the game, and again, heard none of it.

This time around, I will be in my mangled, yet comfy recliner (when I'm not pacing that is), watching AND listening to the game in the most comfortable of settings. No crowds...no bad vantage point...and no background noise that I couldn't care less about at that moment. Smoking my ass off...drinking my ass off, and just wallowing in that beautiful moment in time that this Super Bowl will be.

As in my sig image, I have been a Packer fan since 69...the year of my birth. I literally do not remember a time I have not loved my Packers. Growing up in Illinois, Bears country, and taking all they gave me...the Packers were always there. My early adulthood in Florida....once again, no other Packers fan in sight, they were there for me. Now, in Connecticut...Pats, Giants and Jets fans surrounding me....STILL my beloved Pack have my back. People throughout every one of those stages of my life know me as "that Packers fan", and God damn am I proud of that fact!

Many times I have been accused of putting the Packers before everything in my life....ex wives....children...family. Although that's not necessarily true, it IS pretty damned close...I promise you that.

I am SO proud of this team being in this situation, after the hardships injury-wise they've gone through, that might very well have folded MANY other teams. The depth on this roster the likes of which I can't recall ever seeing before...yet, here we are!

What does this week mean to me? EVERYTHING!
UserPostedImage
djcubez
13 years ago
What does this week mean for me? That's a tough question. I'm starting my last semester as a student yet all I can focus on is my beloved Green Bay Packers.

- All 22 1/2 years of my life I've been a Packer fan. My dad doesn't watch sports but my mom will watch football and besides growing up in Santa Cruz roots for the Packers (she just got a Clay jersey for Christmas!).

- The only sport I ever truly cared about was football. Sure I like playing basketball, baseball, volleyball, etc., But if someone asked me to play a game of football or toss the pigskin I would drop whatever I was doing, no matter the importance, and go outside, no matter the weather, to toss that football. I live, eat and breathe football.

- All the times I was send to bed early on Packers night games only to turn on my radio and listen to the beloved Packer Radio Network; they're all worth it now. I remember I got caught once doing this because I started yelling after Chris Jacke made a game winner against the 49ers.  I was eight years old.

- Every cent I've put into the organization: the tickets, the jerseys, the hats, the gloves, the footballs, the trash cans, the coffee mugs (I don't even drink coffee!), the sweatshirts, the pencils--none of them can compare to the tears of jubilation that will stream down my cheek if we win this game.

- But most of all the ride. The journey it took to get to this moment. As a fan I recognize the only impact I have on the actual game is my supporting the team. But the impact the team has on me--the emotional roller coaster with it's ups and downs--is priceless. Watching Favre go up, up and away only to fall down. Cursing at Carroll and confused about Harrell. Both defending and criticizing McCarthy and Ted. Laughing at Bubba. Suffering through Ray. Being let down by Sherman. Being brought up by Capers. 4th-and-26. "We want the ball and we're gonna score." These are the moments as Packers fans we all live and die for.

I wish I could say more but I really can't organize my thoughts right now. It's just been that type of week 🙂
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago
This week means I'm spending it in a fancy hotel room in Dallas with Jessica Biel eating fresh strawberries as we watch the game on ....

...oh, crap, I just woke up.

What it really means is:
1. That I expect to be really tempted to skip work on the Monday after the game.
2. That I'm getting into a bit of texting trash talking with my nephew-in-law who lives in Pittsburgh about what his 1-year-old daughter will be wearing after Feb 6th.
3. That I haven't been this excited since the week leading up to Super Bowl XXXI.
4. That I really wish I could watch the game in chat with you guys.
5. That my phone ringer will be off Sunday from about noon on, or whatever time the pregame discussion starts. (Packer Super Bowls being the one time when I can't get enough of the silly babble that comes from sports television.)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
TOPackerFan
13 years ago

What does this week mean for me? That's a tough question. I'm starting my last semester as a student yet all I can focus on is my beloved Green Bay Packers.

- All 22 1/2 years of my life I've been a Packer fan. My dad doesn't watch sports but my mom will watch football and besides growing up in Santa Cruz roots for the Packers (she just got a Clay jersey for Christmas!).

- The only sport I ever truly cared about was football. Sure I like playing basketball, baseball, volleyball, etc., But if someone asked me to play a game of football or toss the pigskin I would drop whatever I was doing, no matter the importance, and go outside, no matter the weather, to toss that football. I live, eat and breathe football.

- All the times I was send to bed early on Packers night games only to turn on my radio and listen to the beloved Packer Radio Network; they're all worth it now. I remember I got caught once doing this because I started yelling after Chris Jacke made a game winner against the 49ers.  I was eight years old.

- Every cent I've put into the organization: the tickets, the jerseys, the hats, the gloves, the footballs, the trash cans, the coffee mugs (I don't even drink coffee!), the sweatshirts, the pencils--none of them can compare to the tears of jubilation that will stream down my cheek if we win this game.

- But most of all the ride. The journey it took to get to this moment. As a fan I recognize the only impact I have on the actual game is my supporting the team. But the impact the team has on me--the emotional roller coaster with it's ups and downs--is priceless. Watching Favre go up, up and away only to fall down. Cursing at Carroll and confused about Harrell. Both defending and criticizing McCarthy and Ted. Laughing at Bubba. Suffering through Ray. Being let down by Sherman. Being brought up by Capers. 4th-and-26. "We want the ball and we're gonna score." These are the moments as Packers fans we all live and die for.

I wish I could say more but I really can't organize my thoughts right now. It's just been that type of week :)

"djcubez" wrote:

This literally gave me goosebumps. Couldn't have said it any better.
Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince
zombieslayer
13 years ago

I thought Mike was a GREAT coach but might be a coach that could not take it to the Super Bowl. I was wrong.

I don't understand your definition of GREAT. I wouldn't use the word GREAT on anyone unless they've won a Championship. Levy was the best coach ever to not win a Championship and I don't think I could call him GREAT. I know that's cold, but that's how I feel.

THIS WEEK FOR ME MEANS DONALD DRIVER, THE VETS ON THE O LINE AND EVERY SINGLE PACKER WEARING THE BLING FOR THE REST OF THIER LIFE;

SO... THE QUESTION IS....

WHAT DOES THIS WEEK MEAN TO YOU?

I love Driver and really want to see him get a Ring. I want Woody in the Hall of Fame and a SB Ring would pretty much guarantee it. I also want Aaron and CM3 in the Hall. I know that sounds premature, but if they stay healthy (I'm knocking on wood right now), there's a good shot they both make it if they get these Rings.

Bigger than individual players though, it's a stepping stone. This is #4. We got 3 more to go to have the most Rings. I want more Rings than any other team.

So this may sound weird, but it's just a stepping stone for me. We got 3 more after this to go. We absolutely can NOT allow the Steelers to get their #7 because it will be a step BACKWARDS.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
vegOmatic
13 years ago
This is HELL week for me. It's going to take forever for Friday to come... then I'm on a plane to Dallas. 🙂
blank
SINCITYCHEEZE
13 years ago

What this week means to me.Where do I start!!!!!!??????? I was in the single digits of life (7-8) when Pack won the first two Super Bowls.I was aware that it was a big deal,or aware as a youngster can be at that age,but not how big of a deal it was to be in the future.
Then came the dark years of the 70's and 80's.I grew up on the Wi./Ill. border,ate a lot of bear shit for many many years.I have family on the Wi./Mn. border so it was vike droppings on vacation and holiday gatherings. We got a hint of what might be once in a while in the dark years,only to have our hopes dashed time and time again.
The late 80's arrive and we get a sliver of light from the end of the Super Bowl tunnel.A young QB arrives on the horizon.With a play by the seat of your pants style,He was a new breed QB.His name Don "The Majik Man".He gave us as Packer Fans hope that we too would one day see the team we cheer for make it to the Big Dance.But alas,this was not meant to be.This young gun who led us to the light was not the one.His injuries would not let it be so.
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

This is HELL week for me. It's going to take forever for Friday to come... then I'm on a plane to Dallas. :)

"vegOmatic" wrote:

Cost of membership for PackersHome is one Super Bowl XLV ticket.
UserPostedImage
SINCITYCHEEZE
13 years ago
The 90's roll around,(By this time in my life I have moved to Vegas and have very little GB news around),and we find a raw young gunslinger from the south and hire a new coach none of know much about.
We have no idea who they are or what we have in them.We all know how the 90's go.Back on top,able to hold our heads high with well deserved pride.
The 2000's come and we go on a rollercoaster ride for the next 10 years.Up and down,down and up.Always so close but yet it's just beyond our grasp. Then the shite storm hits.3 years of hell as the storm pitted brother against brother.Our own Packerland civil war as it was.From the western shores comes another to lead us back to the Top.
These 50 years I have been a Packer Fan.I think I have experience everything a Football fan can go through with a team.The Great.The Bad,and The Ugly.I wouldn't have it any other way.
This next week by far will be the greatest I will spend so far as a Packer Fan. With 31 and 32 I was more in shock that we got their 2 years in a row.I wasn't prepared for what was to come at the time.

This year is different. GO PACK GO
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (22h) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (23h) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.