kobe16
  • kobe16
  • Registered Topic Starter
13 years ago
Before the game meaning all of last week I was thinking about this game basically non stop. I was losing sleep over it and throughout the day I would find myself picturing how i would like the game to play out. For some reason this game today felt bigger to me than any other packers game i had ever been witnessed to in my life. I guess its because i grew up in Chicago and most of my friends are Bears fans. I was the only Cheesehead fan out the pack for a few years but i now have a bunch of packer fans as friends that I see on a daily basis. I was so nervous before the game and I kept thinking that it was our destiny and fate to beat the bares on their home field for the right to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. I just felt there was no way the Packers could lose because it would defy the Laws of Fate and Destiny lol.

After the game it was like I had just hit the Lottery and was able to buy whatever i wanted at any given time. I was more than happy after Sam Shields picked the pass off. My mind was racing and I was so excited that me and my dad were high fiving and jumping around and i was running through my house like a chicken with its head cut off lol. All in all this win means more to me than any other packer victory i have ever witnessed and I hope we win the superbowl.

What were You guys' feelings before and after the game?
UserPostedImage
porky88
13 years ago
I was cautiously optimistic. I thought Green Bay was the better team. For the record, still do. However, weird things happen when the Bears play the Pack. We saw it again today. The third string QB almost leads the Bears to tie the game with a touchdown.

I actually watched The Shawshank Redemption and the message of the movie is hope. I applied that to my thought process in the moments before the game.

After the game, it was more of a sigh of relief. I thought the Packers offense nearly loss this game to be honest and the Bears manage such strange wins that it would have been fitting for them to comeback, especially in this type of postseason. Looking back though, GB was the better team throughout this game, even after halftime.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Shawshank Redemption is a great movie.

I was confident that the Packers > Bears from top to bottom, but as I mentioned in the chat a few times, I hate how the Bears pull out magical shit against us and that's what worried me.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
13 years ago
Good post, kobe. I was too nervous to get all fired up like you did, especially after having my heart ripped out by that playoff loss in Arizona a year ago (not to mention the loss to the Giants that ended the 2007 season). Like porky, I thought the Packers were the better team and would win, but after the game it was more like a sigh of relief--and not till after Shields had finally gone down and I was sure he hadn't fumbled the ball away and I was sure there were no flags.
blank
Dulak
13 years ago
Feelings Before/After the Game:

Before: Felt a bit anxious but mostly excited ... wondering how exciting this game was going to be and IMO more exciting then the superbowl.

I felt we were the better team but knew that mistakes/penalties called or not called and poor play calling could change the outcome then what I thought it would be.

Felt like we had a really good chance to win thou.

After: Well I got to say after teh 1st half I thought we had it in the bag ... but I got to admit the play calling IMO drastically changed the 2nd 1/2 ... what I saw was someone whom wanted to win and stick it to the bears the 1st 1/2 ... the second 1/2 was someone whom didnt want to lose and was trying not to let the bears catch up.

Im just happy we pulled it off in the end even there was a Huge difference in the types of plays that we called.

and btw - I really look forward to next year when I hope we get finley back ... man that guy could catch ...

Im pretty excited about the superbowl in 2 weeks ...
pretty exciting.
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago
Feelings? What are those?
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
peteralan71
13 years ago
Feelings before the game: diarrhea
Feelings after the game: diarrhea
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
13 years ago
Feelings before: knew we were the better team but thought the Bears would ugly it up.

Feelings after: positive we were the better team and elated that we won the George Halas trophy in Chicago, but it was won ugly.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago
Before: Didn't think the Bears should be able to stay with the Packers.
After: i. Thought it was way too close for a game against a team with Collins/Hanie at the helm. ii. Yet still felt better about this team than I have since the bad taste of SuperBowl XXXII.

I'm convinced that if GB brings its A-game, the Super Bowl won't be close.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
longtimefan
13 years ago
Before--worried that the Bears D would be to much for us to score on

After--Happy as hell our D is so fucking awesome
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (15h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (15h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (15h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (16h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (18h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (23h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (23h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.