Zero2Cool
13 years ago

The next time you hear a politician use the Word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about Whether you want the 'politicians' spending YOUR tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, But one advertising agency did a good job of Putting that figure into some perspective in One of it's releases.

A.
A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B.
A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

C.
A billion hours ago our ancestors were
Living in the Stone Age.

D.
A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

E.
A billion dollars ago was only
8 hours and 20 minutes,
At the rate our government
Is spending it.

While this thought is still fresh in our brain...
let's take a look at New Orleans ....
It's amazing what you can learn with some simple division.

Louisiana Senator,
Mary Landrieu (D)
Is presently asking Congress for
250 BILLION DOLLARS
To rebuild New Orleans . Interesting number...
What does it mean?

A.
Well ... If you are one of the 484,674 residents of New Orleans
(every man, woman, and child)
You each get $516,528.

B.
Or... If you have one of the 188,251 homes in
New Orleans , your home gets$1,329,787.

C.
Or... If you are a family of four...
Your family gets $2,066,012.

Washington , D. C

HELLO!
Are all your calculators broken??

Building Permit Tax
CDL License Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax (Fed)
Federal Unemployment Tax
(FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges (tax on top
of tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Tax
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service charge taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Tax (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax
(SUTA)
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Tax
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Recurring and Non
recurring Charges Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Utility Tax
Vehicle License Registration
Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

(And to think, we left British Rule to avoid so many taxes)

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago...
And our nation was the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt...
We had the largest middle class in the world...
And Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What happened?
Can you spell 'politicians!'

And I still have to Press '1' For English.

UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
13 years ago
Hehe losers enjoy your crappy government.
This is a placeholder
DakotaT
13 years ago

Hehe losers enjoy your crappy government.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

What % of your income to you give freely when your crappy government bends you over the table? Is it 70%?
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Europeans don't get it. I'll explain as simply as I can, but Europeans still won't get it.

I'll use Yngwie Malmsteen as my first example. Now, Yngwie writes shitty music now, but in the early to mid-80s, his stuff was phenomenal. He left Sweden because he was sick of paying 90% (no exaggeration) income tax on his work.

Now you're probably thinking "who cares, that's just some rock star?" Well, you know why we have so many Nobel Prize winners? It's because not only are Americans smarter than everyone else in the world (combined), we get the smartest of the smart to come here to America and actually PAY them, then don't tax the hell out of them afterward.

Look at the Nobel Prize winners year by year. Besides Peace (which to me is a bullshit prize anyways), we pretty much win every prize every single year. A few years ago, we had a complete sweep.

Comes down to money. Money is a motivator, like it or not. Why would a man with a wife and two kids stay in Poland when he could come to America and make $250k to $300k a year in research (no exaggeration once again. Top researchers here make a lot of money).

Where is Linus Torvalds, who's Finnish? I'll be damned. Portland, Oregon (USA). I wonder why.

Btw, taxes here are too high. They're still lower than Europe.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Since69
13 years ago
That math really is for dummies. It's all wrong. A billion seconds ago it was 1979. A billion minutes ago would have been around 100 A.D.

I hate taxes too, don't get me wrong. But that thing is more inflammatory than accurate. And IIRC, the senator asked for that money 5 or 6 years ago, and didn't get it, at any rate.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
13 years ago

Europeans don't get it. I'll explain as simply as I can, but Europeans still won't get it.

I'll use Yngwie Malmsteen as my first example. Now, Yngwie writes shitty music now, but in the early to mid-80s, his stuff was phenomenal. He left Sweden because he was sick of paying 90% (no exaggeration) income tax on his work.

Now you're probably thinking "who cares, that's just some rock star?" Well, you know why we have so many Nobel Prize winners? It's because not only are Americans smarter than everyone else in the world (combined), we get the smartest of the smart to come here to America and actually PAY them, then don't tax the hell out of them afterward.

Look at the Nobel Prize winners year by year. Besides Peace (which to me is a bullshit prize anyways), we pretty much win every prize every single year. A few years ago, we had a complete sweep.

Comes down to money. Money is a motivator, like it or not. Why would a man with a wife and two kids stay in Poland when he could come to America and make $250k to $300k a year in research (no exaggeration once again. Top researchers here make a lot of money).

Where is Linus Torvalds, who's Finnish? I'll be damned. Portland, Oregon (USA). I wonder why.

Btw, taxes here are too high. They're still lower than Europe.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I don't know how to embed this one, but your post reminded me of this video.

http://fliiby.com/file/340955/kbeoyaki0z.html 
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago

It's because not only are Americans smarter than everyone else in the world (combined), we get the smartest of the smart to come here to America and actually PAY them, then don't tax the hell out of them afterward.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Based on that standard (paying and taxing), then, Saudi Arabia would stand at the top of the world in terms of "smart-ness". A place that has no taxes whatsoever, and one where most jobs come with a home provided (meaning no rental payments), health-care, travel expenses, and food-allowance. Hell, gas in Saudi is as cheap as water there. Clearly, however, Saudi cannot be classified as the place where the smartest of the smart go.

I think you are overlooking the role of reputation - American universities and their university affiliated centers have the biggest reputations around the world. Along with that comes money, access to bigger grants, and the greater possibility of name recognition and self-prestige.

To be fair Zombie, your example can be said to be true of Asia during the spread of Sanskrit, Rome during the spread of Latin, and Ancient Greece in the early stages of modern civilization. Not because of any particular tax-rate and pay scale, but rather the modality of knowledge production always favors a specific metropole because of style, standards, and resources.

America is that metropole in our era.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago

What % of your income to you give freely when your crappy government bends you over the table? Is it 70%?

"DakotaT" wrote:

Honestly, it might be equally valid to ask how much of your income is spent on things like education (or debt arising from education), health-insurance, etc.

Of course I'm making a very crude analysis, but my point is that I do not think many people in those countries would be upset over having a relatively large percentage of their income go to services that they need and can as a result get in return.

Which is the point a lot of people miss: they may take a larger portion from your income, but the return is a greater number of professional services (which could reasonably be argued as necessary) offered.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
sanguine
13 years ago
At least you americans have a government...
Packer fan from Europe!
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago

At least you americans have a government...

"sanguine" wrote:

That we do.

Proving that no country, even ours, is perfect.

:)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (18h) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (18h) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.