musccy
13 years ago
I understand and agree.

My comments are more based out of frustration that he seems to keep skirting away unscathed. I will forever be frustrated with the media fawning over him and his diva-like behavior, plus I"m convinced he was up to something with Jenn, I'm aware of some incidents with SNC student helpers at training camps in the '90s (thus have to wonder what else he's been up to)...yet he can still get by with not even a slap on the wrist.

I acknowledge it's sophomoric jealousy/frustration.
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
I'm sure I dislike the man more than almost anyone on this board. Yet I also firmly believe in the proper application of law above all else, and in this case, regardless of what our own private feelings might be, I believe the right thing was done.

The propensity of the American public to lust for summary punishment and vigilante justice scares me. This mob mentality is antithetical to every principle this country was founded upon. I hope to God I'm never put on a witness stand, because I'll be condemned in the eyes of the public before I even get my day in court.

Therefore, it encourages me when I see people in positions of authority showing restraint in cases like this. As famed English jurist James Blackstone wrote in his Commentaries on the Laws of England (1760s): "[It is] better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
13 years ago

The propensity of the American public to lust for summary punishment and vigilante justice scares me. This mob mentality is antithetical to every principle this country was founded upon. I hope to God I'm never put on a witness stand, because I'll be condemned in the eyes of the public before I even get my day in court.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

The problem with these principles you is that they are corrupted by money. There are two justice systems in this country, one for the wealthy and one for the poor. In a ridiculus case like Cock-n-Crocs, the only place it should be tried is in that of public opinion. The judicial system you speak of NON, I could really give a rats ass about. It has as much credibility as our Congress, which shows you the state in which our society resides. Within this Century, there will be a revolution, so get your fortress set up.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Well, in this particular case the state of the justice system (and thus my rant above) is irrelevant, since this was a case settled in-house by a private entity.

I agree that a revolution is coming, and I think it's several decades overdue. I've often said that if or when Montana, Wyoming, or New Hampshire secede, I'll grab my rifle and head out there.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
13 years ago

Well, in this particular case the state of the justice system (and thus my rant above) is irrelevant, since this was a case settled in-house by a private entity.

I agree that a revolution is coming, and I think it's several decades overdue. I've often said that if or when Montana, Wyoming, or New Hampshire secede, I'll grab my rifle and head out there.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Come to North Dakota, we have all the bombs. Too many sheep in Wyoming and Montana, unless your into that.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Isn't there a group in New Hampshire already doing this...?
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago
yep...here you go....
Free State Project 
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
DakotaT
13 years ago

"Wade" wrote:

Isn't there a group in New Hampshire already doing this...?

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

No history lesson today? Not like I'd read it anyway, but everyone else likes a lecture. 🙂
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago
(wondering why none of these people ever want to go to a place without snow.)
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

I think this is my take on the Favre/Sterger story: In the end, Brett Favre stonewalled and got penalized by the league, and Jenn Sterger got betrayed by an acquaintance who turned incriminating photos, allegedly of Favre, over to Deadspin. She was certain the league had enough evidence to suspend Favre for sending her the photos, but the same forensic crew that investigated Favre for her also investigated the case for the league -- Charlie Casserly reported that for CBS Sunday, and he's right -- and the crew couldn't say with 100 percent certainty that the pictures were of Favre and sent by Favre.

At the end, the league didn't buy that Sterger was sexually harassed by Favre, in part because the league's investigation of the case didn't find a trail of Sterger complaining about Favre.

I'm sure we all have our opinions of what Favre did, and how much exactly the league could prove in the case, but what the league could prove was a couple of awkward wooing-type phone calls from Favre to Sterger, and in the absence of more solid documentation that Favre harassed her, the league felt it couldn't go further.

My problem is the size of the fine. If Goodell felt Favre either lied or obstructed the investigation, it's a wrist-slap to have Favre pay one third of one percent of his salary as the sanction.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/01/02/week-17/index.html#ixzz1A03bBNDI 

"Peter King" wrote:

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (5h) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (9h) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (17h) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (17h) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (22h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (22h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (23h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.