Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

They need to win out.

"packer98" wrote:

No, they don't. Mathematically, they can lose to the Patriots and still make the playoffs. In fact, whether or not they win at the Patriots has little or no effect on their playoff scenarios.
UserPostedImage
Finley88Beast
13 years ago

They need to win out.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

No, they don't. Mathematically, they can lose to the Patriots and still make the playoffs. In fact, whether or not they win at the Patriots has little or no effect on their playoff scenarios.

"packer98" wrote:

gonna be tough then the bucs have the lions and seahawks next 2 weeks and are capable of beating them.And the Saints the last week and if their in good position for the playoffs they could rest players.
A Quote from my brother Mike(Bears Fan)
"Fucking Greg Jennings"
After he makes a catch
Pack93z
13 years ago
LOL.. are U freaking serious.

+1 to Foster... excellent graphical representation of such talk.

With the Chicago loss yesterday and the Jets stubbing their toes and making their game remaining.. plus teams bunched together all over the place in the standing.. the Packers have many options available to them.

Did yesterday sting.. hell yes it did.. especially being a conference game.

But it also may wake up this team, this coaching staff and offensive line and provide the needed fuel to power a playoff push.

And this team still has the elements in the defense and Rodgers to get it done.. Mike McCarthy and staff will get it done. They have little choice but to get it done and overcome it.. like they have so many other times this season to losses.. both games and personnel.

Reports was that Rodgers was thinking clear but had a head ache.. I would bet on him playing this weekend. And regardless of the past two weeks of domination.. the Patriots can be beaten.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Rockmolder
13 years ago
+1 Foster. That's right up there with that "Lampry sidekick bullshit" rant.

Anyway, the draft can't come soon enough. Regardless of we being in the play-off race or not.

And we're still very much in it.

It's like every Packer fan has forgotten about wild cards. A win against the Giants will put us ahead of them on head to head tiebreakers, even if they do win tonight. With a bit of luck, they'll drop one against the Eagles, as well.

The Buccaneers don't have a real tough schedule ahead, so that could be problematic. I'm sure that they'll lose one against the Saints, though, which should be to our advantage.
Pack93z
13 years ago

It's like every Packer fan has forgotten about wild cards. A win against the Giants will put us ahead of them on head to head tiebreakers, even if they do win tonight. With a bit of luck, they'll drop one against the Eagles, as well.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Exactly.. and regardless of what some are saying.. it makes next weeks game vital.

A W next week.. should give us other options as well to make the playoffs.

Now whether we can do anything in the playoffs.. it depends on how we react to the signs that were drove home yesterday.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Timmons
13 years ago
Even if we do get into the playoffs, we're still not winning more than two games with this Oline or lack of a running game.
blank
Pack93z
13 years ago

Even if we do get into the playoffs, we're still not winning more than two games with this Oline or lack of a running game.

"Timmons" wrote:

May be true enough.. however we don't have the opportunity to allow it to play out, with this defense if we don't make the show.

Our defense.. with the play makers in tow.. might make a play or two to offset it. Or the offensive explode for a couple of big plays in the passing game to carry us through.. or the opposing defense not having enough speed in the pass rush to disrupt the passing game.. or.. etc.

You have to be in the playoffs to have a chance so why write it off now?

But I will agree.. unless we figure out how to balance out the offense.. we are decreasing our chances greatly.
DakotaT
13 years ago
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBsQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DV8lT1o0sDwI&ei=XnwGTeHiBo2ssAPkn8zTDQ&usg=AFQjCNE6_mteW_W9rfs4rT37y0Tm7sFhfw&sig2=5_luR8fyuZqzrByIsueZKg

I'd like cyberkick all of you in that ass. Nothing's over until we say it is.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago

I'd like cyberkick all of you in that ass. Nothing's over until we say it is.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Save your cyberkick for someone that needs it.. either that or I will return volley it with a titanium pipe included and graphite ski for a foot included. lol.

Side note.. current avatar elsewhere..
warhawk
13 years ago
First of all I believe in calling a spade a spade and there are things stated in this thread I just don't agree with.

The defense gives up big plays? What? First of all every team gives up big plays and I would say we probably give up less than about anybody which is reflected in the PA catagory....best in the NFL.

Secondly, I think all the guys on that side of the ball HAVE stepped up includind Zombo, Shields, Bishop, Peprah, and, several interior Dlinemen when called on.

if anything, everybody's hats should be off to these guys for hanging in there and playing beyond what anybody could have hoped for had we not had the first player go out. Look, this thread wouldn't even be here today had we beat Detroit and the D gave up 7 points.

What do you want from a defense? Geez. These guys are beyond good.

The offense is a little different story. I think losing Finley and Grant have taken it's toll in part because the Oline is not the strong point of that unit. I said last week I was worried about Clifton this late in the year with those bad knees and what does Detroit do? Line the DE five yards out and run straight at Clifton who just couldn't hold up. It was a little surprising they did the same thing to Bulaga but they did. We all knew Suh was going to be a matchup nightmare in the middle. He is every week.

When you have a stout offensive line you can plug about anybody in at RB and if you have a good QB given time it's not so painful to lose a really good receiver like Finley. Unfortunately, we miss these guys and what they bring because the Oline will, on occasion, puke like yesterday.

The Oline played their worst game all year. It now boils down to a pride thing. If they have any fire in their bellies at all they will play better from here on out. This will allow the run game to at least compete and Rodgers to destroy.

We've lost five games by a total of 16 points. There's no referee standing over them counting to ten yet and I'm not giving up on them until the fat lady sings.
"The train is leaving the station."
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (12h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (16h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (16h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.