13 years ago
Expecting and demanding your team to execute like professionals is *not* whining. Sorry dudes. Going on and on while on the sidelines like Peyton or Brady isn't happening here...but...

...are you *insert derogatory expletive here* actually suggesting you'd rather have a "ho-hum nice guy" than a repeat MVP/Champion like Manning or Brady? And are you really saying Favre was a stand-up citizen? HA. Let Rodgers get on his players and win games on the field. I'd MUCH rather have that than a douchebag acting like a douchebag in Green Bay restaurants or texting his wang to random silicon reporters. Chrissakes, it's the wet noodles of this world you really have to wonder or worry about. Not the emotional ones.

*kicks nearly entire packershome member list in the nuts*

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Unbelievable.
UserPostedImage
Stevetarded
13 years ago

I'm sure Rodgers knows how to handle the locker room and deal with his teammates. I'm going to go ahead and leave it to his discretion and not complain every time he looks like he's getting after someone.

"pack93z" wrote:

Who is complaining every time?

It is a observation .. nothing more nothing less.

Guess those shouldn't be voiced eh. ;)

"Stevetarded" wrote:

It certainly isn't me. 😎
blank
Greg C.
13 years ago

How do you guys automatically know who was responsible for each "error"? Do you get a list of play calls or something? If so could I get a link because I'd like to have them also.

I have no problem at all with Rodgers getting after people for screwing up. He seems like a guy who prepares his ass off and it's gotta be shitty to have a fellow "professional" not know what to do out there.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

What are you talking about? Who said that they knew who was responsible for each "error"? Am I missing something?

As for Rodgers getting after people, I don't think it's really an issue at this time, but players do take notice of those things, and they may not take kindly to being called out in public or seeing their teammates being called out in public. It's not something that a QB should do too often. It's better to save it for the sidelines, when the cameras and the fans in the stands are not watching.

"Greg C." wrote:

"The throw to Driver was his error"

I'm sure Rodgers knows how to handle the locker room and deal with his teammates. I'm going to go ahead and leave it to his discretion and not complain every time he looks like he's getting after someone.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

Ah, I see it now. Pack93z mentioned it. It was the "you guys" that threw me off, as if it was more than one of us. It did look like Rodgers' mistake, and I was hoping that he was just expressing frustration with himself, but his reaction looked more like disgust at one of his teammates.

Unfortunate choice of words by pack93z in the initial post with "whiny Peyton-like jackass." That WAS a bit over the top. It even woke up dhazer. He's been lying low ever since the Packers started playing well.
blank
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago
Expecting a quarterback not to be an arrogant asshole from time to time is like expecting a kicker not to be headcase from time to time.

About as likely to happen as me becoming Mr. Jessica Biel.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
evad04
13 years ago
You are right, pack93, in that Peyton Manning is awfully whiny at times. I'm sure many of us have seen the clips of him on the sideline going apeshit on his guards, tackles, and center. That said, and this is the crucial question: do you believe that it has affected Manning's leadership role with the team?

I would tend to believe that Manning is a perfectionist and Rodgers is similar. Their disposition may be slightly different -- Rodgers has a cocky flair to him -- but their high expectations are comparable. Now, Manning is a four time MVP and Super Bowl champ, not to mention being inarguably one of the best to play the position. So maybe he can get away with his tantrums for this reason. But maybe his teammates appreciate his passion, even if it seems misguided or frustrating.

I think the same is there for Aaron. He has emerged in his leadership, to the point where he towards the top of the short list of leaders on the team. I appreciate that you have an oldschool sort of sensibility. You are a no nonsense, lead by example, tough sort of dude. So my guess is that the lens through which you view the cockiness and the on the field outbursts might be slightly biased. In my own opinion the fire (and anger) that Rodgers shows is not harmful to the team dynamic or to his own status amongst his teammates. Why? He is a leader, he plays at an extremely high level, he has repeatedly gone out of his way to cultivate a strong sense of teamwork, and his preparation sets an example.

Not being combative here, just throwing in my $.02
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Stevetarded
13 years ago

How do you guys automatically know who was responsible for each "error"? Do you get a list of play calls or something? If so could I get a link because I'd like to have them also.

I have no problem at all with Rodgers getting after people for screwing up. He seems like a guy who prepares his ass off and it's gotta be shitty to have a fellow "professional" not know what to do out there.

"Greg C." wrote:

What are you talking about? Who said that they knew who was responsible for each "error"? Am I missing something?

As for Rodgers getting after people, I don't think it's really an issue at this time, but players do take notice of those things, and they may not take kindly to being called out in public or seeing their teammates being called out in public. It's not something that a QB should do too often. It's better to save it for the sidelines, when the cameras and the fans in the stands are not watching.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

"The throw to Driver was his error"

"Greg C." wrote:

Ah, I see it now. Pack93z mentioned it. It was the "you guys" that threw me off, as if it was more than one of us. It did look like Rodgers' mistake, and I was hoping that he was just expressing frustration with himself, but his reaction looked more like disgust at one of his teammates.

Unfortunate choice of words by pack93z in the initial post with "whiny Peyton-like jackass." That WAS a bit over the top. It even woke up dhazer. He's been lying low ever since the Packers started playing well.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

Well what is there to say when there isn't anything negative to talk about right?
blank
porky88
13 years ago

It's better to save it for the sidelines, when the cameras and the fans in the stands are not watching.

"Greg C." wrote:

The cameras are always watching.
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
13 years ago

Well what is there to say when there isn't anything negative to talk about right?

"Stevetarded" wrote:

Not sure if that is a personal comment or not with the quote.. but whatever. I will interpret the intended meaning of my opening post.. because apparently it was lost in daring to question Rodgers or I made the point poorly.

Since when is an observation.. stating that there is a fine line between effective leadership and going to far being nothing but negative or complaining?

especially the phantom swing and look after the overthrow in the corner of the endzone.. Rodgers is starting to walk a fine line between being a leader and being a whinny "Payton like" jackass.

Interpretation.. there is a fine line between leader and whinnying in the public eye.

I don't have much issue with the Johnson or Quarless rips because of mistakes.. but you can start to see him become animated and reactionary towards others even when it was his error.

Interpretation..Get on guys when they make those mental mistakes.. but when you throw it well over the receivers head, why come off as you want to tear him a new one.

The throw to Driver was his error.. one of few.. but body language speaks a ton.

Interpretation.. Rodgers played nearly a flawless game.. again.. why the look of "why the hell wasn't that caught?" to Driver that actually should have maybe been a little pissed that he worked open only to see the ball rocket over his head. It was a physical mistake.. those happen in games all the time.

This isn't the first time, but the most noticeable to date. Tread lightly my friend...

Interpretation.. This isn't the first time actions like this have been noticeable.. so Aaron walk that public rope lightly. You have lead this team effectively and proudly so.. just don't take it too far.

I don't understand how any of that is negative or complaining.. more something that was noticeable from the armchair.. and by the example of Mr. Regular Season is a bit unbecoming.

The whinny "Payton like" jackass... was intended to be over the top... as many can relate to the analogy effectively.. because we have seen it many times from Peyton.. coming off as a crybaby with a finger pointing in another direction.

I don't think Aaron is even in the same light as #18.. but I don't think that line from one to the other is all that great.

Aaron has worked damn hard to get himself and this team to this point.. I would hate to see the masses start to color him with that Peyton trait.

And Evad.. I think the Colts players put on a good face when talking about Peyton.. but can you really respect someone that erupts almost everytime things don't break his way? I hardly call the a great leader.. and I think there is a reason he has one SB ring with the talent he has been surrounded with for his career. Is that the reason.. couldn't say.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
go.pack.go.
13 years ago

I remember bringing this same exact thing earlier in the year but I got ripped on saying I'm a hater. But I did notice he was starting to whine to the refs and yell at players.

Ok I said my piece now start your ripping.

Oh ya one more thing, he really needs to stop with the belt thing, he hasn't won shit yet.

"dhazer" wrote:

I would complain too if the refs never called obvious helmet to helmet hits on me.

Oh and there are many players that celebrate and hasn't "won shit yet." You don't need a ring to celebrate.

There. How's that for 'ripping'?
UserPostedImage