evad04
13 years ago

c'mon - give it up - you're a 12 year old girl. am i right? ;)

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Yep. A 12-year-old girl with a ginormigous, pendulous clit.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

How has this gone unnoticed?

This is the first time -- and perhaps the last -- that "ginormigous, pendulous clit" has ever been uttered.

I don't know whether to shake your hand or cringe, but I enjoy being in that position. So, I'll give you a +1.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
zombieslayer
13 years ago

Yep.. we moved the ball all game long. And we hung a L for our trouble.

Now.. if we could effectively run the ball.. toward the end, instead of incomplete pass after incomplete pass stopping the clock.. we could have placed a run or two in there, milked the clock a bit more and finished the game without giving them an opportunity or a limited one at best.

Remember, we are sitting on their on their 21 with over 2 minutes to go.. a run or two puts the clock near the 0 mark.

But that is right.. we don't need to run the ball in situations.. we can just move it via the pass with no time expiring.

Clock management is over rated I guess.

Situational football.. we can't run and it takes elements out of our disposal.

BTW... +1 for your breakdown.. even if I disagree that we need to be able to run the ball effectively to maximize our options in games, games where we don't get another opportunity to correct it for next week.

"pack93z" wrote:

Well, it's become crying over spilled milk. Unless someone here is a master voodoo wizard healer, Ryan Grant is not returning this year. Brandon Jackson is not a good RB except for pass blocking.

A lot of us screamed for M Lynch and we saw how that worked out. Was there anyone else out there?

Agreed about clock management. No argument there. Here's the problem though. With whom? Was there something wrong with Kuhn as I see he got zero carries? Jackson wasn't getting it done and if we ran with Jackson, good chance that instead of a TD drive, we get 0 points in that drive.

Plus, in that specific case, it appeared that the STs were just as much to blame as clock management. Our STs failed us that last drive for the Falcons.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
warhawk
13 years ago
I am not sure why all of this is such a big surprise or why we should think we should beat any of these teams any other way.

We got from the Falcons exactly what they give. They are ranked 6th against the run and TWENTY SEVENTH against the pass.

This, in fact, is much how the matchups for the year are going.

TEAM Run D Pass D

Bears 2 17
Jets 4 12
Vkes (twice) 5 14
Falcons 6 27

With our pass offense what the hell should McCarthy be doing with this? I say, if anything, he's been more than willing to run at these guys when there just isn't going to be much there. All these teams know their opponents aren't going to beat them with the run game.

We play the 49'rs coming up. Another top 10 rush defense (8th) but ranking 16th against the pass. Later we get NE ranked THIRTY SECOND against the pass. Does anyone think we should waste much time or opportunity lighting these teams up?

It's not the freaking turf or the weather or Jackson or the Oline. We lost these games by 3 points each because of one or two plays that didn't go our way. Quite honestly I think you can put more on our pass offense for not clicking the way it should have been in the first three losses. This last one with both teams so close in talent it was the one goal line turnover that did us in.
"The train is leaving the station."
Pack93z
13 years ago
I am not crying over spilled milk here.

It is all about the fact that having an effective running game increases your ability to maximize yourself in game situations..

And this is not some issue that just arrived upon the scene.

We have known we have issues for the majority of the season, yet we have done little to address it.

They didn't acquire another back, so that means they feel they have the answers upon the team.

Fine.. then execute it.. because sooner or later in the course of a season you are going to need to run.. and I will guarantee this will not be the last time we need to be able to run.

To me, it comes down to a emphasis on running the ball... and that comes down from the coaching staff down. Even when Grant was here, we have seen Mike McCarthy abandon the run.

Looking at our close game record, I am willing to say it isn't working.

Basically.. it isn't about whom.. it is about wanting to run, working at it via repetition and becoming effective at it. More of a mindset than a question of whom.

Last year people were complaining about Grant.. calling for Jackson.. why not calling for change in our core principles to understand we have to be able to run in game situations to maximize our odds of winning.

I love our explosive offense.. don't want that abandoned.. but damn it, we can't forget about the root elements of the game.

But Mike McCarthy says he isn't worried.. the same guy that tells the morons not to worry about balance. ๐Ÿ˜‰
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
13 years ago

It's not the freaking turf or the weather or Jackson or the Oline. We lost these games by 3 points each because of one or two plays that didn't go our way. Quite honestly I think you can put more on our pass offense for not clicking the way it should have been in the first three losses. This last one with both teams so close in talent it was the one goal line turnover that did us in.

"warhawk" wrote:

Agreed.. that no one element controlled this game or any game for that matter. However to ignore the combination of the individual elements impact on games isn't prudent either.

We lost the game on a football play or a number of them.

That said.. you control what you can control.. you play situational football to give you the best chance of winning in your mind possible.

And if you put yourself in multiple short yardage situations where you lack the confidence to be able to convert with all elements at your disposal, you tip your hand to the opposition and decrease you odds of winning the battle.

Think they haven't scouted us to know that 3& short we will either pass or sneak it because we are scared to run the freaking ball. The defense now watches the tells of the OLineman.. and then cheat on the sneak or back off and play the pass.. because we simply are too chickenshit to run the ball for a yard.

We have become too predictable IMO.. because we lack the commitment from the coaching staff to establish the run all season long.

We didn't go into Sunday and just realize we can't convert short yardage effectively. That to me.. is a coaching issue.. hence why I bang on it consistently.. when you have a problem and stick your head in the sand.. the problem isn't going to be fixed.

Address the freaking problem, commit to the run early each season, stick with the run throughout the season, so when you need to run, you have some confidence that you can run the damn ball. Find the combination's in players and plays that become effective early.. run them often enough to become confident in them, and drive them home through repetitions across the entire season. You don't become good at something without time after time, practicing them and utilizing them.

If you find that the issue is a personnel problem.. find someone that can do the damn job.

This isn't a single game problem.. this is a long term pattern of issues.. basically, the MO, stop the run early on the Packers and they will abandon it.. and watching it for several years.. it is spot on.

Great teams find a way.. good teams accept their shortcomings and play for the next time. Again.. look at our close game record.. what we are doing isn't working.. at least not for me.

And this much I know.. Rodgers and the passing game is not the problem.. that is a damn fine unit and Aaron himself is one hell of a QB.. he is a much better QB than his record indicates at this point.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
13 years ago
GBPG Loss against Falcons came down to two plays 

If you rewind the tape and look at the two plays that doomed the Packers in their 20-17 loss Sunday, the problem was a pathetic effort up front.

Short-yardage failures
Coaches constantly preach that especially in big games, the outcome usually is decided by one or two plays. Others might call that baloney. But coaches say that because its true. The two plays that beat the Packers were the third-and-1 play at the Atlanta 4-yard line before their field goal, and Aaron Rodgers failed sneak on second-and-2 on the play before his fumble. That was 11 points off the board right there.

On the first one, Dimitri Nance was stopped for no gain when the defensive tackle submarined Daryn Colledge and knocked him two yards deep in the backfield. As a result, Quinn Johnson, the lead blocker, tripped over Colledge and didnt block anybody, and Nance had to cut earlier than he wanted with two guys lying in front of him. Thats the defenses first priority in that situation: Force the running back off track. Even a high school lineman in those situations knows what the defense is going to do. But Colledge couldnt get his pads underneath his man.

On the second one, the defensive lineman, Peria Jerry, was on one knee at the snap. Youd think with a guy on his knee, the blocker would lead with his shoulder pad into the defenders facemask and drill him onto his back so Rodgers could walk into the end zone. But Jerry fired off and got underneath Colledge. That was inexcusable.

On both of those plays, it all came down to pad level.

Failure of the running game
The Packers didnt run the ball because they couldnt run the ball.

Brandon Jackson is an I-formation back, and the Packers obviously decided they couldnt get it done running out of the I. They lined up in a shotgun on 39 of 59 offensive plays. After their first two possessions, they ran out of a five-wide receiver set on 14 of 48 plays. Youre not going to effectively run the ball in those formations.

To run the ball, you need either a superior run blocking line or a great running back, and the Packers have neither. They didnt have it with Grant; they dont have it without him. Granted, Grant was better at running stretch plays and zones. But look at his numbers last year. He had three 100-yard games and six where he gained 51 yards or less.

zombieslayer
13 years ago

I am not crying over spilled milk here.

It is all about the fact that having an effective running game increases your ability to maximize yourself in game situations..

And this is not some issue that just arrived upon the scene.

We have known we have issues for the majority of the season, yet we have done little to address it.

They didn't acquire another back, so that means they feel they have the answers upon the team.

Fine.. then execute it.. because sooner or later in the course of a season you are going to need to run.. and I will guarantee this will not be the last time we need to be able to run.

To me, it comes down to a emphasis on running the ball... and that comes down from the coaching staff down. Even when Grant was here, we have seen Mike McCarthy abandon the run.

Looking at our close game record, I am willing to say it isn't working.

Basically.. it isn't about whom.. it is about wanting to run, working at it via repetition and becoming effective at it. More of a mindset than a question of whom.

Last year people were complaining about Grant.. calling for Jackson.. why not calling for change in our core principles to understand we have to be able to run in game situations to maximize our odds of winning.

I love our explosive offense.. don't want that abandoned.. but damn it, we can't forget about the root elements of the game.

But Mike McCarthy says he isn't worried.. the same guy that tells the morons not to worry about balance. ;)

"pack93z" wrote:

FYI - That "morons" comment was directed at the media, not at anyone at PH. I've always thought the media were morons and Mike McCarthy apparently feels the same way as he talks complete gibberish to them.

I was not one of the people complaining about Grant. I had Grant listed as one of my top 10 people in the beginning of the year we can least afford to lose.

Our OL is made for pass blocking. It's not that good at run blocking. That's yet another reason I like Grant so much. Grant is the real deal.

Jackson is not. he's a good 3rd down back, but that's it.

As I said, I was only talking about the Falcons game and the Falcons game alone. We should have passed almost every single down. I think the right balance we wanted was 14 passes to 2 runs that game.

Also, +1 to Warhawk for those specific stats. They can't stop the pass? Then pass. The Falcons' weakness was against the pass. That's why Mike McCarthy was so adamant about passing. Passing worked against the Falcons. Running didn't. Had we not wasted plays running the ball, we might have won that game.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
Pack93z
13 years ago

FYI - That "morons" comment was directed at the media, not at anyone at PH. I've always thought the media were morons and Mike McCarthy apparently feels the same way as he talks complete gibberish to them.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Oh I know.. had to chuckle yesterday when Mike McCarthy muttered that he is not concerned about the running game in his presser.. and talked about the rationale for passing every down.. he is just feeding the morons.

Again there are a ton of ways we can beat the final five.. I truly hope we establish some semblance of a running game along the way. Because we are going to need it.
zombieslayer
13 years ago

Oh I know.. had to chuckle yesterday when Mike McCarthy muttered that he is not concerned about the running game in his presser.. and talked about the rationale for passing every down.. he is just feeding the morons.

Again there are a ton of ways we can beat the final five.. I truly hope we establish some semblance of a running game along the way. Because we are going to need it.

"pack93z" wrote:

Niners are 8th against the run and 16th against the pass. I'd rather see us pass/run 80/20 in that game.

Lions are 18th against the pass and 24th against the run. Well, then here's where we can run since you like running the ball so much.

The Patriots are the absolute worst team in the NFL against the pass. The worst. Most yards allowed, most TD passes allowed. I say we pass 90% of the time against them.

On the flip side, the Giants are the #1 team in the NFL against the pass and their DL is downright sick. Here's where we need to establish a run game.

That leaves us da Bears. da Bears. They're 2nd against the run and 17th against the pass, with one caveat - they're #2 in picking off passes. So I'd pass here about 70/30 but we've got to consider they pick off passes so don't be a Brett Favre this game and take chances.

I respect where you're coming from, Pack. However, I respectfully disagree. I believe in doing what they can't stop.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago

I respect where you're coming from, Pack. However, I respectfully disagree. I believe in doing what they can't stop.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Okay.. what part of:

and

And this much I know.. Rodgers and the passing game is not the problem.. that is a damn fine unit and Aaron himself is one hell of a QB.. he is a much better QB than his record indicates at this point.

Means I want to become a run first team?

Simply.. teams or situations will put us in spots where we will need to run the ball.. and I would hate for that to be the position where we find out if we can run it.

Football is a game of repetition via practice and execution.

Run now when we may not have to or that when we have to, we can.

Same with last season in trying to shift to a zone coverage in the playoffs.. we looked like a bunch of monkey's humping a football out there. Why? Because we didn't run much zone during the season to become comfortable with it.. this season you see guys, especially the backers dropping into zones and becoming comfortable with it.. which is leading to better results. We aren't getting our rears handed to us by the TE's and Backs coming out of the backfield.

My simple argument is how do you expect to become good at running the ball if you shy away from it time after time.

It isn't becoming a run first team.. but apparently I like the run so damn much that is all we should do. Rather than understand that some situations, Sunday's game being a good illustration of one, that we need to be able to line up and run the ball for a freaking yard.

If Sunday was the playoffs.. we go home because all season we didn't establish an effective means of running the ball because we didn't have to.

So we have this dynamic offense.. well then certainly we can make up for the occasional 2nd and short or 3rd and short run attempts even if they fail. Heck.. why punt.. we can pass on any defense in any situation.. lol.

I will try to summarize again .. because apparently I haven't been clear.

I agree that we should be a passing team, as the rules in the passing game make it a game of the pass. And we do that very well.

At the same time, there will be points and times in games or the playoffs where we will need to run the ball.. whether to convert in short yardage, milk the clock or wear a defense down.. and if you haven't deployed the run effectively and worked on that aspect of the game through play.. how do you expect to effectively convert when you need to.

But no.. to have that opinion must mean you want to abandon the pass entirely. :headwall:

In closing.. I have as well tried to respect your views.. even if I think them incorrect.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (14h) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (15h) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: โ€œGot in a fight with the bench press. I lost.โ€
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.