Zero2Cool
13 years ago
I'm still trying to find another good F4V player. If others find one, post it.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
13 years ago

I'm still trying to find another good F4V player. If others find one, post it.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

This may be a dumb question, by why are you even using that format? Second week in a row I've been unable to play the video. Why not use something more standard like avi that has much broader support?
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

This may be a dumb question, by why are you even using that format? Second week in a row I've been unable to play the video. Why not use something more standard like avi that has much broader support?

"Porforis" wrote:

The F4V files are convenient.

Uploading the AVI files (over 4GB's each game) would be a hassle and I'd end up having to pay for it because my internet service has a bandwidth cap.

There has to be some way of playing the F4V files. Why would the software create them if they are not re-usable?
UserPostedImage
Porforis
13 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Uploading the AVI files (over 4GB's each game) would be a hassle and I'd end up having to pay for it because my internet service has a bandwidth cap.

"Porforis" wrote:

There's no way it should be 4GB if you're using halfway decent compression. Hell, most totally not copyrighted material you download off the internet is in an avi container (Although using the divx codec, but to get comparable compression to quality there's other options). a 45 minute TV show episode will be ~350MB at 720x400.

As for a more game-length file, I only have one example handy.

Duration: 2:42:03
Size: 949MB
Resolution: 672x272
Data Rate: 707 data rate, 819 bitrate (variable)
Bitrate (Variable): 819
FPS: 23

This file blown up on my 37" TV at 1920x1080 requires you to be sitting pretty close to see any artifacting. If the highlight videos are any indication of the quality of the game files, there's definitely room for further compression.

What's the resolution/bitrate/etc you have for the F4V files? I refuse to believe that the compression to quality ratio is anything more than insignificant.

Uncompressed AVIs are going to be huge, but you have tons of compression options. I guess the biggest question is, are these F4V files being recorded directly from your video capture program and the options on AVI compression are nonexistant, or are you converting them to F4Vs afterwards? It's easy for me to sit here and say "hey, do it this way" but if I'm forcing you to add an extra step that might take 30 minutes to an hour depending upon your computer, that's no good either.
coltonja
13 years ago
that might as well have been in Japanese to me...
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Porforis
13 years ago

that might as well have been in Japanese to me...

"coltonja" wrote:

As for your question, you can think of a ZIP file as a compressed folder. Basically, it's a file that contains other files that through various black arts, are made to take up less space on your hard drive. If you're running any version of Windows after Windows 98, you should be able to open it just like any other folder on your computer. There should be a file named 201Jets1.f4v in there, that's the actual video file. You can drag and drop it to another location to "extract" it for use.

As for the gameday video, that's a good question. Nobody can seem to find a Windows program that will play it at the moment.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

"Porforis" wrote:

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

There's no way it should be 4GB if you're using halfway decent compression. Hell, most totally not copyrighted material you download off the internet is in an avi container (Although using the divx codec, but to get comparable compression to quality there's other options). a 45 minute TV show episode will be ~350MB at 720x400.

As for a more game-length file, I only have one example handy.

Duration: 2:42:03
Size: 949MB
Resolution: 672x272
Data Rate: 707 data rate, 819 bitrate (variable)
Bitrate (Variable): 819
FPS: 23

This file blown up on my 37" TV at 1920x1080 requires you to be sitting pretty close to see any artifacting. If the highlight videos are any indication of the quality of the game files, there's definitely room for further compression.

What's the resolution/bitrate/etc you have for the F4V files? I refuse to believe that the compression to quality ratio is anything more than insignificant.

Uncompressed AVIs are going to be huge, but you have tons of compression options. I guess the biggest question is, are these F4V files being recorded directly from your video capture program and the options on AVI compression are nonexistant, or are you converting them to F4Vs afterwards? It's easy for me to sit here and say "hey, do it this way" but if I'm forcing you to add an extra step that might take 30 minutes to an hour depending upon your computer, that's no good either.

"Porforis" wrote:

The AVI files are as follows.

975MB
1,0006MB
683MB
959MB

I was slightly off. It's around 3.5GB per game. My cap is 250GB a month, so I should be okay if I were to upload raw files of that size.

When I said it was convenient to use the F4V files that should have been a strong indication that I do not convert them at all. :)

Here's the setup.

F4V files ...
Adobe Encoder can encode to FLV or F4V, however since the encoder is how the feed is presented, I have to use F4V as it provides a much higher quality picture.

Highlights ...
I record the games on a device that's about five years old. It records only to AVI. I can lower the bit rate, but is it worth it?

I'm all for smaller files with maintaining the same quality.

One of the AVI files
47 minutes
height 512
width 384
data rate 2505kbps
total bitrate 2892kbps
frame rate 29/fps
audio bitrate 386kbps
channels (2 stereo)
sample 48 kHz

Once I alter the AVI files, I can no longer edit them either. Unless I find a good video editing software, which I haven't.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
I don't have to discard the original AVI files, so omit that part. I can convert them and them upload them. I wonder if WMV files are smaller?

If I have to convert them, it'll be a day or two after the game before they are available. 😞
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
lol movie maker, great!

AVI 90 seconds, 31MB
WMV 90 seconds, 58MB (increase the width and doubled the bitrate using default saving settings)
UserPostedImage
Porforis
13 years ago

I was slightly off. It's around 3.5GB per game. My cap is 250GB a month, so I should be okay if I were to upload raw files of that size.

When I said it was convenient to use the F4V files that should have been a strong indication that I do not convert them at all. :)

Here's the setup.

F4V files ...
Adobe Encoder can encode to FLV or F4V, however since the encoder is how the feed is presented, I have to use F4V as it provides a much higher quality picture.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I'd have to agree with keeping things as-is from the perspective of someone that would be downloading the files. 3.5GB might not be a crapton for me, but not everyone has a decent internet connection or tons of hard drive space to spare. I WOULD suggest xilisoft video converter for all of your video conversion needs, but as I stated earlier I was unable to open the F4V file with it despite supposed F4V/FLV support. If you COULD get the two to play nice, I can tell you from personal experience that you should be able to get about 3 hours of 640x480 video crunched down to ~1.4GB, very good quality.

Highlights ...
I record the games on a device that's about five years old. It records only to AVI. I can lower the bit rate, but is it worth it?

I'm all for smaller files with maintaining the same quality.

One of the AVI files
47 minutes
height 512
width 384
data rate 2505kbps
total bitrate 2892kbps
frame rate 29/fps
audio bitrate 386kbps
channels (2 stereo)
sample 48 kHz

Once I alter the AVI files, I can no longer edit them either. Unless I find a good video editing software, which I haven't.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Video editing software, really haven't used much of besides very basic stuff like Windows Movie Maker and literally ancient versions of adobe premiere, before it was called Adobe Premiere. You could PROBABLY cut the framerate down to 25FPS or even 23 without too many problems but it may not come out the best. As for bitrate and data rate, it sounds like a shitty answer (because it is) but it really does depend. If you can point me to one of these raw AVI files I'll see if I can't find a better quality to size value.

As for WMV, I've had mixed results. Generally though, I've not been impressed with video quality but I really haven't messed around too much with WMVs for anything other than videos I've taken myself where the source material was already at a lower resolution.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (23m) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (30m) : For now...
Zero2Cool (1h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (3h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (3h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (7h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (7h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

23h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.