Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

Stergers manager threatens to go public with Favre evidence

Posted by Mike Florio on December 6, 2010, 9:31 PM EST

[img_r]http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/brettfavredecember52010-e1291688878432.jpg?w=245[/img_r]Since his client essentially has no further career in the media, Phil Reese apparently sees no risk in doing something reckless with whatever career Jenn Sterger has left.

ESPNs Chris Mortensen reported on Monday night that the investigation regarding Favres alleged conduct toward Sterger, a former Jets in-house sideline reporter, could be resolved as soon as Tuesday. Echoing Peter Kings most recent report from NBCs Football Night in America, Mort said that Favre likely will not be be suspended.

According to TMZ.com, Reese says that Sterger has provided extensive evidence that irrefutably proves there was harassment. The statement marks the most dramatic break yet from Stergers previous decision to say nothing in the hopes that the case would go away.

Apparently, that was before she decided she could get paid.

No matter what happens Jenn has all legal remedies, including going public, Reese said, if the NFL doesnt clear her name.

Phil, the NFL isnt in the business of clearing her name. The NFL needs to determine whether any of its policies were violated. Clearing Stergers name (i.e., helping her get another job) isnt the NFLs obligation.

Meanwhile, since when is going public a legal remedy? Its not illegal for her to go public, unless of course she defames Favre. But if theres a legal remedy to be pursued, its not something that will happen through the media but through the court system.

Unless, of course, shes decided that her desire to get paid includes selling her story.

Either way, if her goal is to get another job, she may want to reconsider the skills and abilities of her current manager.

I like the comment posted by "Deb":

@realitypolice

Dont think theyre saying any attractive woman who flaunts her looks is a whore. Theyre angry about a woman whoby her own admissionchose to sexualize herself in order to build a media career and has tried to belatedly portray herself as a victim in order to extort money from a celebrity.

@cshearing

I do not condone Brett Favres infidelities regardless of whether he did or did not send solicited or unsolicited photos of his privates to Jenn Sterger (which, at this point, none of us knows). But my only interest in Favre is his football performance; the rest is a private matter between him, God, and his family. If Jenn Sterger felt victimized, she would have pursued the issue at the appropriate time. It was not appropriate to keep this material, share it with friends, allow it to go public, then try to profit from it by extorting money from Favre, the Jets, and the league. To claim now that she was a victim is insulting to real harassment victims who are subjected to hostile work environments, threats, intimidation, and fear of losing their livelihoods not through their own machinations.

"Deb" wrote:

UserPostedImage
Greg C.
13 years ago
I had the feeling it would go in this direction sooner or later.

But all I really care about at this point is that in four weeks Brett Favre can go away, hopefully for good this time. Has any athlete ever worn out his welcome as much as Brett has?
blank
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

I had the feeling it would go in this direction sooner or later.

But all I really care about at this point is that in four weeks Brett Favre can go away, hopefully for good this time. Has any athlete ever worn out his welcome as much as Brett has?

"Greg C." wrote:

What are you talking about? Brett said his legacy at the end of '07 wouldn't be effected at all if he returned.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (53m) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (1h) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (1h) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (1h) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (2h) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.