nerdmann
13 years ago

No, the offense won't perform better with Flynn, but it may help Rodgers to take a week off and push the "reset" button. Right now he's playing way too tight.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

If anything, I think he's playing too damn loose.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
We can win without our TE.
We can win without our RB.
We can not win without our QB.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. (tie) CM3 and Charles Woodson

If any of those 3 go down, season's over.

We're not going into the Playoffs with Flynn.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
nerdmann
13 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. (tie) CM3 and Charles Woodson

If any of those 3 go down, season's over.

We're not going into the Playoffs with Flynn.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I'd rather have Rodgers for the stretch, but dude needs to settle down. They need to get back to fundamentals and pull their heads out of their asses. I'm not talking about losing Arodge for the season.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Pack93z
13 years ago
No Flynn doesn't give us a better option.. it, IMO, reduces the play calling flexibility greatly. As good as Flynn has looked at times, he still lacks the arm strength the make a defense respect the deep routes.. hence they will tighten up and make the under stuff more difficult.. and I don't have the confidence in the line blocking/running game to support us with a heavy run game..

Can we win with Flynn.. probably to a degree, but in no way, shape or form does he give us the better option at QB. Not even close.

If I am Mike McCarthy and staff this week.. I take note of how effect the run game was out of passing sets, taking advantage of the defenses aggressiveness in the pass rush.. and start incorporating that into the play calling, establishing a sense of balance, pausing the defense slightly.. and opening up the offense to its potential.

Show them the pass, but every now an then, cross them up with the run out of the passing set to make those defenders think before getting up field and challenging the edge on Clifton and Tauscher. A left, left and occasional right, then knock them on their ass.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
warhawk
13 years ago
It will be tough sledding with Flynn. If he does have to play all I hope for is W somehow, someway. This is not a knock on Flynn but any team is going to know we will want to emphasize the run more, not open up the playbook, and, call conservative pass plays Flynn can handle.

This is why what I HOPE McCarthy does IS open up the book for Flynn who surely knows all the plays and can handle it by now destroying any opponents game plan expecting a lot of runs and passes within 15 yards or so.
"The train is leaving the station."
Timmons
13 years ago
We wouldn't be better with Flynn but I agree that a more basic passing offense would benefit whomever the QB is. Our YAC is terrible this year. I believe that it's because we're not hitting receivers in stride early. I'd like to see more of that whomever the QB is. I'd also like to see more of a running game no matter the situation.
blank
Stevetarded
13 years ago
It would not play to the teams strengths to have a less accurate passer throwing more routes that require high accuracy.
blank
Finley88Beast
13 years ago
If Arod can play he should play having flynn in won't change the offense at all except make it worse.Arod should only rest if he is hurt lol.We need arod pulling him out of the starting position is idiotic, if we put in flynn and Mike McCarthy runs more and when arod comes back you think he'll run more not gonna happen I get what your saying but it would be a bad idea overall.
A Quote from my brother Mike(Bears Fan)
"Fucking Greg Jennings"
After he makes a catch
dhazer
13 years ago
I wonder if Rodgers will be on the sideline calling the plays, afterall don't anyone else think its funny that Rodgers whines about not having all the wrs on the field and we go pass happy against the skins?

I see the point that is being made and yes I think it will help us.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-May / Around The NFL / bboystyle

27-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.