Zero2Cool
13 years ago

I assure you, you're post was not deleted as it was not submitted for whatever reason

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

If it wasn't submitted, then why did I get a "post no longer exists" message when I clicked on the link to the post? :P

It's possible that I deleted it myself accidentally.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

No because the auto number would have increased by a phantom integer value, which it did not, therefore it was never submitted.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago

Eventually we're going to face a team with a decent defense and they'll kill us by taking away our one dimension.

"Since69" wrote:

Come on now.. our passing game is unstoppable.. why run.. didn't you see us gut the Lions in the second half with the pass? 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
zombieslayer
13 years ago

Come on now.. our passing game is unstoppable.. why run.. didn't you see us gut the Lions in the second half with the pass? ;)

"pack93z" wrote:

When we win the SB this year, I hope we get under 80 yards rushing.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Pack93z
13 years ago

Come on now.. our passing game is unstoppable.. why run.. didn't you see us gut the Lions in the second half with the pass? ;)

"zombieslayer" wrote:

When we win the SB this year, I hope we get under 80 yards rushing.

"pack93z" wrote:

Liked that one huh... lol.. that was a Zombie special. 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
zombieslayer
13 years ago

Liked that one huh... lol.. that was a Zombie special. ;)

"pack93z" wrote:

Heh. I'm pretty easy to goad.

To win the SB in 2010:
1. Improve our D.
2. Improve our STs.
3 (optional). Improve our running game.

In that order. The D's pass rush is starting to look good but our coverage needs work. This needs to be addressed.

We need better coverage and Jordy's gotta hang on to the football.

We'll be playing the SB in a dome. It's not fatal if we have no running game. Aaron and the boys will have perfect conditions for passing.

I'm really starting to like Kuhn. That's yet another reason why I'm not panicking about a running game just yet. Don't be surprised to see Kuhn getting an occasional game with 20+ rushes. He won't get the big runs but in cold weather situations, it's gonna hurt a lot more trying to bring the big boy down.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
porky88
13 years ago
We can all agree that the Packers haven't played their best football yet. And there 3-1. So in some strange way, that's a positive.

However, the Packers can't be content with just winning a game. Not in the way they won it against the Lions. They really didn't win it as much as they just survived. They need to start playing better and firing on all cylinders. The schedule picks up this week with Washington and gets tougher each week IMO.

This team should throw the ball 30-35 times a game IMO. They have to many playmakers not to and Rodgers usually takes time to get in rhythm. Give him that time and put the ball in his hands. Next to Charles Woodson, he's the best player on the team. Maybe the best.

The special teams just needs to be average. I'm not worried about the return game as much as others. I'm more worried about the coverage units and Tim Masthay.

Although, Jordy Nelson needs to learn ball security.

The defense has to learn how to deal with bunch or stacked WR sets. That seems to be the kink in the armor right now.

That's how I look at it going forward.
zombieslayer
13 years ago

We can all agree that the Packers haven't played their best football yet. And there 3-1. So in some strange way, that's a positive.

However, the Packers can't be content with just winning a game. Not in the way they won it against the Lions. They really didn't win it as much as they just survived. They need to start playing better and firing on all cylinders. The schedule picks up this week with Washington and gets tougher each week IMO.

This team should throw the ball 30-35 times a game IMO. They have to many playmakers not to and Rodgers usually takes time to get in rhythm. Give him that time and put the ball in his hands. Next to Charles Woodson, he's the best player on the team. Maybe the best.

The special teams just needs to be average. I'm not worried about the return game as much as others. I'm more worried about the coverage units and Tim Masthay.

Although, Jordy Nelson needs to learn ball security.

The defense has to learn how to deal with bunch or stacked WR sets. That seems to be the kink in the armor right now.

That's how I look at it going forward.

"porky88" wrote:

Well said, Porky. That's why I'm not so concerned about the running game as our best playmakers on O are Aaron, Gregorious, Driver, and Finley, none of whom are RBs.

In football and in real life, play to your strengths. Yes, we'll pound a little with Kuhn just to keep them honest, but 70% of our plays or more should be passing plays.

Our D gets beaten by bunch/stacked WR sets. You are completely right. I don't know how to solve this but I do know that if our pass rush continues to improve, we'll at least be able to cover up part of our problem.

What I saw in the Lions game is when we rushed 3 guys, bad things happened. I think every time we rush 3, someone needs to step on Dom's toes.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Johnson
13 years ago

There are many takes on what exactly to take away from the Lions game. There seems to be three general opinions about the game. I think the Lions are a better team than their record indicates, however the Packers demonstrated some very serious problems throughout the game.

"Chutzpah515" wrote:

I would say that's very accurate. GB clearly has the best talent overall in the conference and the best QB, though Minn clearly has the best back. The Bears should be 1-3, the Lions could easily be 3-1, and the Vikes have dropped a turd thus far. I do honestly think that all four head coaches are very sub par (especially Lovie) and that will tell a tale before the regular season and playoffs are over.
blank
Chutzpah515
13 years ago

There are many takes on what exactly to take away from the Lions game. There seems to be three general opinions about the game. I think the Lions are a better team than their record indicates, however the Packers demonstrated some very serious problems throughout the game.

"Johnson" wrote:

I would say that's very accurate. GB clearly has the best talent overall in the conference and the best QB, though Minn clearly has the best back. The Bears should be 1-3, the Lions could easily be 3-1, and the Vikes have dropped a turd thus far. I do honestly think that all four head coaches are very sub par (especially Lovie) and that will tell a tale before the regular season and playoffs are over.

"Chutzpah515" wrote:

What does Lovie even do for his team? He doesn't have much of a role in the defense and certainly no role in the offense.
UserPostedImage
Johnson
13 years ago

A wins a win man wining in the nfl is harder than it looks.The lions are better and hey it was a ugly win but that last drive by are offense was great and we "won" that game idc if the lions almost beat us we got a win and we are 3-1.

"Finley88Beast" wrote:

In another life you could make a great Bears fan! Most Packers fans, including myself are so spoiled. We can't be satisfied with a victory against the Lions, unless it is an absolute blowout. :tongue3:

"Chutzpah515" wrote:

O helllllllllllllllllllllllllllll no i would never be considered a Dum ass Bear fan man no way Im a Packer Fan for life!I am concerned with things on our team who isn't?Every team has problems and fans care like the pack fans.

But look at it this way would you have liked to lose to the lions with are bad performance or win with are bad performance?You chose.A quote from Charles Woodson:
"Any win is a good win".

Ill stand by what he says any day,and people should be grateful we won and just because we didn't play quote and quote "good" we still won and we should move on.And the lions are no push over anymore they are getting better and they are a division rival.

"Finley88Beast" wrote:

Yes. Good teams win games when they play poorly is what you're saying (I think). The thing that shows me that the Lions have turned things around is that they haven't layed down in any of the four games, EVEN when they get fucked by a stupid rule (note to NFL - get rid of this abomination please), and EVEN when they are down to their number 2 QB. They haven't quit on themselves yet, even though they have 0-4 to show for it.
blank
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (13h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (14h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (15h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (17h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (17h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.