Finley88Beast
13 years ago

I love these threads, because it is almost a "given" that Jarret Bush's name will be the 1st or 2nd player named.

The Packers have kept him around for 4+ years because he has proven his is durable, he is a special teams ace, and oh by the way, IMHO he is showing improvement each and every year.

JB hels his own yesterday, he had 5 tackles and at least 1 real nice pass defend/

You "haters" :icon_smile: just keep hoping, I said it when some were all over Ryan Grant thinking an upgrade was needed.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

He's ok but he is inconsistent to say the least idc really if he stays on the team but im not sad to see him go.Im not a bush hater but im not a bush lover 🙂
A Quote from my brother Mike(Bears Fan)
"Fucking Greg Jennings"
After he makes a catch
coltonja
13 years ago

I love these threads, because it is almost a "given" that Jarret Bush's name will be the 1st or 2nd player named.

The Packers have kept him around for 4+ years because he has proven his is durable, he is a special teams ace, and oh by the way, IMHO he is showing improvement each and every year.

JB hels his own yesterday, he had 5 tackles and at least 1 real nice pass defend/

You "haters" :icon_smile: just keep hoping, I said it when some were all over Ryan Grant thinking an upgrade was needed.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

man I would die from sadness to not see number 24 running behind his receiver and getting burned when he's on the field!!! Improvement? Really? Who were you watching? He gave up a TD yesterday. He is improving so much. He is such a special teams ace man it's good we have him he'll stop anybody...Except for Hester, eh?

Sorry not so much that I'm mad at you, but Bush is not a good player, he is a TERRIBLE cover CB, and if he is a special teams ace our special teams is HORRIBLE so it's not saying much.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Chutzpah515
13 years ago

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Hey It's rather easy to love everyone on the Packers' roster. If the Packers put serious depth behind Grant there would be no "run game" issue. The Packers still should find an upgrade from Grant.

As for Bush, he has very limited value. Coaching can only go as far and Bush has unfortunately reached the top of his game. He should be the first to cut when trimming the roster.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago

Sorry not so much that I'm mad at you, but Bush is not a good player, he is a TERRIBLE cover CB, and if he is a special teams ace our special teams is HORRIBLE so it's not saying much.

"coltonja" wrote:

Bush is a CB that would be #6 on the depth chart if Al, Underwood, and Shields were healthy. It is hardly his fault that two of the three have been injured the first three weeks, making him the #4 CB and Nickel back last game. When your depth gets tested, you tend to end up playing players that are clearly not all that good. It is hardly Bush's fault that the three CBs above him on the depth chart are injured, thereby pushing him into service.

As for Special Teams... when saying he is not a Special Teams Ace, go and look which Special Teams units Bush plays on. Then try to claim he is not an "ace". When coaches claim him as an Ace, it is unfair to assume they are calling him an Ace because he is the best Special Teams player on the league; he is the most versatile Special Teams player we have.

As for stopping Hester, REALLY? THAT is the best you could do to cite Bush's bad special teams play? The two punt returns to Hester were the result of completely incompetent punting. You really think any Special Teams coach, considering the pathetic day their unit was having, says to himself "Geez, you know I want to kick it right at Hester who has shown himself to be an excellent return man"? Masthay's first punt was terrible, and the second time he out kicked his coverage.

Look, Bush is what he is: a player who is around the 40s in terms of 53 man roster rankings that can bring some versatility to your team. He is a gunner that regularly sheds two blockers to get involved in coverages on special teams. You want to see him go when Al or Bigby return? That is fine by me. But please do not be so short sighted to think that either Al or Atari are capable of filling the role Bush does (nor would we want them to). Bush is nowhere near the worst CB (Pat Lee takes that title), worst Special Teams player (Masthay takes that title), or least useful player on our roster (Nick McDonald takes that title).
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Chutzpah515
13 years ago

He is such a special teams ace man it's good we have him he'll stop anybody...Except for Hester, eh?

"coltonja" wrote:

I hate Bush, but that play wasn't his fault at all; it was the punter's. The punter over kicked the coverage by over 20 yards.
UserPostedImage
coltonja
13 years ago

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

As for stopping Hester, REALLY? THAT is the best you could do to cite Bush's bad special teams play? The two punt returns to Hester were the result of completely incompetent punting. You really think any Special Teams coach, considering the pathetic day their unit was having, says to himself "Geez, you know I want to kick it right at Hester who has shown himself to be an excellent return man"? Masthay's first punt was terrible, and the second time he out kicked his coverage.

Look, Bush is what he is: a player who is around the 40s in terms of 53 man roster rankings that can bring some versatility to your team. He is a gunner that regularly sheds two blockers to get involved in coverages on special teams. You want to see him go when Al or Bigby return? That is fine by me. But please do not be so short sighted to think that either Al or Atari are capable of filling the role Bush does (nor would we want them to). Bush is nowhere near the worst CB (Pat Lee takes that title), worst Special Teams player (Masthay takes that title), or least useful player on our roster (Nick McDonald takes that title).

"coltonja" wrote:

LOL Al Harri or Bigby fill his role?! What do you think we'd do put them on special teams? I wasn't talking about that(replacing Bush at ST, which could be done by any number of players on our roster) I was bringing up how "good" he is on special teams if he is an "ace." He played nickel CB with Shields out, and yeah I want Al Harris to replace him there. Taking my comments out of context is pretty ridiculous. And yeah I dare to say that he couldn't stop one of the best returners because if we have "aces" they step up and make a play even if the circumstances aren't good i.e. Rodgers throwing it all of last year with no line.

Maybe you need to see what you're citing. No way a gunner who is on the field for 4 plays TOPS, is in the 40's on our roster. And if we keep Bush for a coverage CB as even you said that he is a #6 on our roster, it's pretty ridiculous.

BTW Martin is the most versatile ST we have. Don't believe me? See who's in on almost all ST packages. It won't be #24
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago

He is such a special teams ace man it's good we have him he'll stop anybody...Except for Hester, eh?

"Chutzpah515" wrote:

I hate Bush, but that play wasn't his fault at all; it was the punter's. The punter over kicked the coverage by over 20 yards.

"coltonja" wrote:

Exactly. It's not the fact that he kicked a long punt, but the fact it had such little hang time that none of our ST players had a fair chance to get down and try to cover the punt.

Which is totally f'd up because Masthay should have been punting towards the sidelines with the hope that the ball goes out of bounds, thereby excluding Hester from a return.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Chutzpah515
13 years ago

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

"Chutzpah515" wrote:

Exactly. It's not the fact that he kicked a long punt, but the fact it had such little hang time that none of our ST players had a fair chance to get down and try to cover the punt.

Which is totally f'd up because Masthay should have been punting towards the sidelines with the hope that the ball goes out of bounds, thereby excluding Hester from a return.

"coltonja" wrote:

Yes this I what I meant. Usually when a punter kicks it that deep it doesn't have a lot of hang-time. If he insists on kicking it that deep he should learn how to angle it out of bounds. (like you said)
UserPostedImage
hardrocker950
13 years ago
Ya, while I also don't think Bush is the best CB, he is worth having for special teams. As bad as we have been playing in that department, we need all the help we can get.

My vote would be to cut McDonald, as he is pretty much pointless to keep around. With Harris and Bigby back, I think we will see improvements in our secondary.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
We were in good position to stop Hester but failed. The should have been angled to the sidrlines. as should every punt in my thinking.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (22h) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (23h) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.