JRR_Packerfan1791
13 years ago
Penalties was the big problem for the Pack last year and watching the first two games I was thankful that I saw improvement but they fell apart against the Bears. I don't want to be negative in this post just get peoples opinions on stuff. I like the packers chances next week at home against the Lions although we should not take them lightly by any means and we can't play like we did Monday night but I have faith that we will get things we need to adjust fixed. The Bears will head to New Meadowlands Stadium to face the Giants who are hungry for a win after losing their last two games.

Penatly Breakdown 2010
Week 1
Packers / Eagles
2 Penalties = 15 yards / 10 Penalties = 80 yards

Week 2
Packers / Bills
4 Penalties = 35 Yards / 6 Penalties = 49 Yards

Week 3
Packers / Bears
18 Penalties = 152 Yards / 5 Penalties = 38 yards

Now I am not saying that the game was fixed cause that is just a crazy right....I mean right..? but how does a team just drop off like that. I mean you can argue its Monday Night ya its hype, nerves whatever a team doesn't drop off that much. (setting a record if you didn't already know)(<--sarcasm)

No but in all seriousness I know we played shitty and lost the game and ya most of the penalties were legit, just wish they could call it both ways. Since the game ended I have been looking around the message boards I have found that a lot of people neither Packer nor Bear Fans have came out and said that Packers did beat themselves last night but the bears got extremely generous calls from the refs.(including some Bears fans)

1. Morgan Burnett did commit that pass interference call when Nick Collins Intercepted the pass but so did the the WR and our guy was the guy that ended up on the ground. They were both pushing one another both were going for ball its a tough call but you can't call it on one but not the other

2. Oline did hold/ false start on a couple of those but and cost us some penalties for false start but some were terrible calls the 99 yard drive was terrible(Tauscher ). But they need to call it both ways CM3 was held/tackled on numerous plays and the bears had atleast 1 hold on the punt return.

3. Bears had a few interference calls that were missed I don't know if its because Charles Woodsons aggressive play style that allows other WR/TE to push him around(reference to the Cardinals game Larry Fitzgerald in particular) but on a pass to the outside to Greg Olsen in the first half you can see he pushed Woodson up the field on a curl route to create space.

4. Aaron Rodgers had Intentional Grounding called on him and it was the right call I thought (could be wrong). But cutler did the same thing and his managed to hit a bears fan holding a flag in the stands out of the back of the end-zone. It was clearly uncatchable and the closest WR was near the the middle of the end-zone.

I am going to apologize ahead of time if this angers anyone never posted on here before, all though been following this board for 3 years now and have replied to a few post but nothing to this extent. I've been meaning to just haven't had the guts too. I am usually pretty optimistic when it comes to sports and the Packers but something about this game annoyed the hell out of me! I do still think the Packers are a top team in the NFC and still is Super Bowl caliber team despite this horrifying defeat. those close games are tough to watch and even harder to cope with luckily we have a shorter week lol

Also whats your thoughts on our running back situation? John Kuhn showed flashes last night and Brandon Jackson was terrible. Should Ted Thompson pull the trigger on Marshawn Lynch, another back that I think the packers should get is Chiefs backup running back Jamaal Charles he doesn't get any carries and is overlooked by Thomas Jones and they have Dexter McCluster whose shown flashes and was RB in college (Doubtful this will ever happen just dreaming here)
blank
dfosterf
13 years ago
That was a fine opening of a new thread, JRR!

+1
Finley88Beast
13 years ago
+1 man dont be afraid to post on here 😉.Plus I have never thought of that in bringing Jamal Charles in here that would be a good pickup but who would we trade?A pick?Lol idk if they would need Hawk.
A Quote from my brother Mike(Bears Fan)
"Fucking Greg Jennings"
After he makes a catch
JRR_Packerfan1791
13 years ago
Ya Jamaal Charles is a very overlooked running back but ya not sure they need Hawk and Hawk has step up his game a little so don't really want him to get traded(by no means is he playing as good as he should be for the draft pick we used to get him). But maybe TE they just got ride of Tony Gonzalez and we could give them a draft pick as well maybe a late round pick
blank
Packers_Finland
13 years ago
I can tell you right now that the Chiefs won't be getting rid of Jamaal Charles. He's a once in a decade athlete, and if their coach had any sense, he'd feature him more. But it's not like he doesn't feature him at all now, and I wouldn't call him a backup either.

For Charles, I think we'd have to give up a player and a 1st rounder. Yes, he's that good. Top 5 running back in the league, talent wise, and young too.
This is a placeholder
JRR_Packerfan1791
13 years ago
ya i doubt it will ever happen Packers_Finland, just thought i would brainstorm a bit. Knowing the Ted Thompson I bet we will pick up a running back in the draft who could compete for the job

I was watching some highlights for James Stark in college and man if this guy can stay healthy he will be a good RB
blank
coltonja
13 years ago
thanks for posting on here. It's good to read some optimism in this negative week. Although we played horribly I too believe that we are a good team(whereas going into the Bears I thought we were great). If we fix mistakes, heck cut the penalties in HALF, and kick the ball out of bounds we will be fine.

I would also like to encourage you to post on here. But reading it is usually enough for me. I love to read some of these guys posts everyday (Cheesey, zombie, porky, etc) some guys on here offer great insight into the Green Bay Packers. You've just got to sift through the negative, dead-end posts sometimes 🙂
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
evad04
13 years ago
Nice post. The only place I disagree with you is on Brandon Jackson.

First off, there were a number of times where simply nothing was there. I can think of at least three instances where Jackson received the handoff and multiple Bears defenders were upfield and in his face. Kuhn (who I like, don't get me wrong) honestly had the benefit of better blocking. I chalk this up to luck -- different run plays, different defenses called, different post-snap results.

Secondly, Jackson showed his value as a pass-catcher. He only ended up with 4 catches for 27 yards, but he was a reliable check down and gained some tough yards after the catch.

Looking simply at he and Kuhn's stat-lines (7 carries for 12 yards vs. 6 caries for 31 yards) one might leave with the impression that Jackson sucks. When you get hit two yards behind the LOS and you're not Purple Jesus the result is usually a loss.

Lastly, the Bears have a really good run defense this year. I'm not sure exactly why, but they do (best guess is the LB core and Peppers, who isn't merely a pass-rushing DE).
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
coltonja
13 years ago

Nice post. The only place I disagree with you is on Brandon Jackson.

First off, there were a number of times where simply nothing was there. I can think of at least three instances where Jackson received the handoff and multiple Bears defenders were upfield and in his face. Kuhn (who I like, don't get me wrong) honestly had the benefit of better blocking. I chalk this up to luck -- different run plays, different defenses called, different post-snap results.

Secondly, Jackson showed his value as a pass-catcher. He only ended up with 4 catches for 27 yards, but he was a reliable check down and gained some tough yards after the catch.

Looking simply at he and Kuhn's stat-lines (7 carries for 12 yards vs. 6 caries for 31 yards) one might leave with the impression that Jackson sucks. When you get hit two yards behind the LOS and you're not Purple Jesus the result is usually a loss.

Lastly, the Bears have a really good run defense this year. I'm not sure exactly why, but they do (best guess is the LB core and Peppers, who isn't merely a pass-rushing DE).

"evad04" wrote:

should have mentioned this guy, too. Great insight +1
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
nerdmann
13 years ago
I do think that referees alter the outcome of games, and I do suspect organized crime influence. But that's not what happened here. The Packers could EASILY have beaten both the Bares and the referees. SHOULD have beaten both.
MM's teams have consistently played down to their competition, every season. If Mike McCarthy wants to demonstrate that he is not merely a "glorified qb coach," he needs to end the special teams nightmare once and for all. End the penalty nightmare once and for all. And stop the patented "lulls" once and for all.
His team needs to show up consistenly, play 60 minutes, and STOP PLAYING DOWN TO THE COMPETITION. Period.
Be nice if the offensive line showed up before week 8, too.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (27m) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (6h) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (10h) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (10h) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.