13 years ago

Hey, when did Glenn Beck hijack nonstopdrivel's account? ;)

"zombieslayer" wrote:

There was a pirate movie with Geena Davis that was so bad it was forgettable. One scene though I remember - Geena Davis had a WHITE slave.

Facts are facts. Whites were slaves too. The British did also kidnap Irish children and send them to America as indentured servants. Fact.

Now back to Collins, he shouldn't have lost his cool. However, getting spit on, he's a victim of assault and should be able to press charges accordingly. I've been called hate words enough times and it's much scarier when it's an officer of the law (most racist a-holes out there), but it's still a word. Being spit on, he could have gotten diseases from that a-hole.

So, Collins should have kept his cool then pressed charges on the fan for assault. Given the current political climate, what the fan said would only hurt his case.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

What you're both implying is that black people in this country have been no more oppressed or mistreated than white people, which was the spirit of my original statement. If that's your belief, you're welcome to it. I was joking about the Glenn Beck comment.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago

What you're both implying is that black people in this country have been no more oppressed or mistreated than white people, which was the spirit of my original statement. If that's your belief, you're welcome to it. I was joking about the Glenn Beck comment.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

I'm not implying anything. I'll tell you straight up that EVERY TIME I see a cop, I wish I was white.

I'm just stating facts. EVERYONE in history was screwed over by someone else and NOBODY has the monopoly on victimhood.

You can sit around complaining about being a victim, or you can work hard and become successful at something. I choose the latter route.

But alas, we're going away from the original topic. Back to the original topic, I stand by what I said. Collins should have kept his cool and pressed assault charges. Spitting on someone is crossing the line and either a judge or a jury is not going to look on the fan too kindly for what he called Collins.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
13 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I'm not implying anything. I'll tell you straight up that EVERY TIME I see a cop, I wish I was white.

I'm just stating facts. EVERYONE in history was screwed over by someone else and NOBODY has the monopoly on victimhood.

You can sit around complaining about being a victim, or you can work hard and become successful at something. I choose the latter route.

But alas, we're going away from the original topic. Back to the original topic, I stand by what I said. Collins should have kept his cool and pressed assault charges. Spitting on someone is crossing the line and either a judge or a jury is not going to look on the fan too kindly for what he called Collins.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

In terms of a philosophy or personal viewpoint, you're absolutely correct. I wasn't calling for anyone to use past oppression of this or that people as a crutch. I don't see why we need to ignore the more intricate realities of our history during a simple discussion, though.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
I am proud to bear not the slightest trace of white guilt. Fact: My family did not come over to America until after the abolishment of slavery. Fact: My family came over before the advent of the Holocaust.

Blacks and Jews can whine all they want about oppression by whites. I don't oppress blacks or Jews, none of my family ever have, and therefore I will not accept responsibility for it.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Mass - it's off topic. However, if you want to open up a thread on it in the Random Babble section, I'd be happy to join you.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Jon305
13 years ago

He should have thrown the tape at Burnett for canceling his interception.

"millertime" wrote:

It wasnt pass interference theres no way it was a bad call
blank
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Mass - it's off topic. However, if you want to open up a thread on it in the Random Babble section, I'd be happy to join you.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Thank you, you got 131'd for it.
UserPostedImage
djcubez
13 years ago
I thought hate crimes were filed under political speech? He has a right to call Collins whatever he wants it's just whether or not he acts on it. If he did indeed spit on him then it's definitely another story but just calling someone the n-word isn't grounds for a lawsuit or pressing charges. Of course I am no expert.

As far as Collins reaction? I heard he threw his mouth guard at the fan which is kind of funny considering he got spit on lol. Still, I hope he doesn't get fined although I doubt he gets suspended. I will withhold all judgment though until said video leaks.
Rockmolder
13 years ago

In Jacobs' defense, though, he didn't try to sling anything into the stands. He slammed it onto the ground or something and it bounced up into the stands.

"Since69" wrote:

Hard to imagine that. The thing landed 10 rows up. Did he bounce it off a trampoline?

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Got my facts mixed up a little. He tried to slam it into the ground but it slipped and went into the stands. I'd say it was a stupid excuse by Brandon, but the commentators said as much, as well.
Blitz
13 years ago
USA Today 

Excerpts:
Milwaukee's WITI-TV aired video in which Collins is seen yelling at a fan as he left the field. Collins then appears to throw his mouthpiece into the stands. According to the station's report, Collins said the fan spit on him and used a racial slur.

Earlier in the quarter, Collins was called for unnecessary roughness on Bears running back Matt Forte after a 15-yard reception, allowing the Bears to continue a drive for a game-tying field goal.

:wickedfart:
"... There.. is.. your.. dagger..!! "
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (3h) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (5h) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (22h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (22h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (22h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (22h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.