gopackers08
13 years ago
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/nflpreview?gameId=300927003 

I found it to be completely insulting, and oh so very wrong, to say that Cutler and Rodgers are comparable quarterbacks. Are you serious?

Also, the end of the article makes it sound as if Rodgers kinda idolizes Cutler; do you guys know if there is any truth at all to the quote at the end, and to paraphrase "I root for Cutler 14 times a year"?

When did the AP/ESPN start allowing fans write up the "neutral" previews...
blank
RashaanSalaami
13 years ago
They're good friends. Aaron's been talking a lot about how Cutler's helped his younger brother whose at Vandy right now. The two of them probably talk pretty often being that they're successful, young QBs.

I hope he's not really rooting for a division rival to win, but rather Cutler to have great numbers in a losing performance.

To think that they're comparable though is pretty laughable. Cutler does look MUCH sharper this year, but we'll have to see how that success continues throughout the season. If there are any questions about Rodgers, they can all be amplified for Cutler.
blank
tromadz
13 years ago
Good. Let them believe that nonsense. It will all be squashed in less than 20 hours.
DakotaT
13 years ago
To date, Cutler reminds me much more of Jeff George than anyone else. That does not mean he wasn't gifted with the physical tools to be one of the all time greats. If he had McCarthey as a tutor all this time, then maybe the article would make sense. But Cutler does have a lot to prove.
UserPostedImage
gbpfan
13 years ago
even when cutler played in denver,if you rattle his cage he plays horrible makes throws he shouldn't arod did it this year in the phillie game,but dont think he'll keep doing it.i think arod is a much better q.b
doddpower
13 years ago
Where did the "Cutler just as good, maybe better than Rodger's" quote come from? I didn't get that from the article at all. The only thing I read that COULD possibly be interpreted as such is that Cutler may have the edge in arm strength, which is debatable. Other than that, it was just quotes of both QB's praising each other.

Not sure where you were coming from there . . .
gopackers08
13 years ago

Where did the "Cutler just as good, maybe better than Rodger's" quote come from? I didn't get that from the article at all. The only thing I read that COULD possibly be interpreted as such is that Cutler may have the edge in arm strength, which is debatable. Other than that, it was just quotes of both QB's praising each other.

"doddpower" wrote:

Dodd, the beginning of the article talks about how the the line between who has the better QB Packers or Bears has shrunk and the comparison of yardage over 4,000 was clearly to show that they are on par with each other. Then laster in the article is basically says that Cutler has the better arm. Without openly stating it, it sure does sound like the writer in trying his darndest to make Rodgers and Cutler, at the very least, even.
"
To quote the relevant parts: If others want to compare him to Aaron Rodgers, well, that makes perfect sense.

"We're in the same division, we're going to face each other twice," Cutler said. "We're about the same age. We've both been successful at times. We're both going to be around for awhile."
blank
dhazer
13 years ago

"gopackers08" wrote:

Dodd, the beginning of the article talks about how the the line between who has the better QB Packers or Bears has shrunk and the comparison of yardage over 4,000 was clearly to show that they are on par with each other. Then laster in the article is basically says that Cutler has the better arm. Without openly stating it, it sure does sound like the writer in trying his darndest to make Rodgers and Cutler, at the very least, even.
"
To quote the relevant parts: If others want to compare him to Aaron Rodgers, well, that makes perfect sense.

"We're in the same division, we're going to face each other twice," Cutler said. "We're about the same age. We've both been successful at times. We're both going to be around for awhile."

"doddpower" wrote:

What I do get a kick out of is how alot of Packer fans think Rodgers has the best tools of any qb in the league. I really believe Cutler has a stronger arm than Rodgers. So whats so bad about that, just means Cutler can throw the ball 70 yards in the air and Rodgers can throw it 60.

It is also funny how people downplay how other young qbs are, Flacco has a running game and good defense but sucks as a qb, Ryan has a great running game and he isn't that great of a qb. But yet Rodgers is the best ever and in the hall of fame because he does it all on his own.

Rodgers is a good qb and hope he hasn't peeked yet. I am noticing that this year he seems to be trying to force passes into Finley alot and should have had another 3 ints already this year.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago
1. How many Packer fans would trade Rodgers for Cutler straight up?
2. How many Bear fans would trade Cutler for Rodgers straight up?

3. How many NFL coaches would trade Rodgers for Cutler straight up?
4. How many NFL coaches would trade Cutler for Rodgers straight up?

1. Virtually none.
2. Virtually all.

3. Few.
4. Many many.

I didn't read the article. The headline is just too silly.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
earthquake
13 years ago
As of the 2010 season, Cutler has outplayed not only Rodgers, but most QBs in the league. His QB rating is through the roof, he's 2-0 and has thrown 5 TDs to 1 INT. This is the thing with Cutler, everyone knows that he is extremely talented, and he has done this before. He will put up some monster games, and then he will put up some terrible games as well. Cutler's thing has always been consistency, not lack of ability or talent. Everyone knows the guy has skills, and there is an argument there to be made that he is a more talented QB than Rodgers, sure. However Rodgers throughout his career is FAR more consistent.

I will be very curious to see how this Martz experiment works out long term. It could end up being very good for Cutler's career.
blank
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
31m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.