Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Okay so I've had time to wipe the sand out of my bagina over the last two losses and hopefully am returning back to objective thinking. Hopefully.

Lets look at some facts. Our defense is tackling too high, that can be fixed. I think our tackling is the biggest issue for our defense second is secondary being out of position. I believe this to be fact since I read it some where, heh. Our defense has given up the most yards per rush. What is the deal with that?!?

Offensively we need to get better cutbacks from our RB's, better blitz pickups and DON'T DROP PASSES! I'd also like to see our TE's being thrown to more.

This was the first week our Center and QB did not fumble an exchange, woohoo. Speaking of the QB. He needs to be smarter. He came out with two solid games and has gradually declined. This is the NFL buddy, buck up or get off my team. Sounds harsh? It's true. Not everything is going to come easy, but hey Aaron knows this already. He'll be fine. You can see the inexperience this season already. He doesn't know how to read blitz pickups quickly and efficiently. It will come though, it will come. It just takes TIME. We can't expect a 4th year pro first starting his career to pick up everything right where his predecessor (btw a legend) left off.

Did you know that Grant has fumbled his last six games played? I think he is running 'scared' if that makes sense.

Special teams is junk. Well, okay our punter is junk and don't give me that "we should have kept Jon Ryan" because that is bull. Flat out, we need a better punter than Ryan was and what Frost has showed us the last two games. We sorely losing the field position game and that is unacceptable in my opinion.

My biggest disappointments this year. The last two performances by Rodgers, our punting game and our DL playing like my High School team.

I must say this, no one wins a Super Bowl in September, but you can lose your chance in September for a Super Bowl. We came out .500 and that's not TOO bad.
UserPostedImage
Packnic
15 years ago
I was gonna post something like this the other day, but it would have had too many curse words in it. So i waited.

I see a good football team when i watch these two loses. That may sound crazy to some of the knee jerk, monday morning coaches. We aren't doing some things right... But zero is right here... they are almost all tangible fixable things.

The only thing i don't agree with is the ridiculously harsh criticism of Aaron Rodgers here. I'm not baby handing him and dont condone that. I just don't think that his 3rd and 4th career starts against GOOD football teams should be judged so harshly, especially considering the Oline circumstances. I also don't think he has had a BAD performance yet. He's got work to do no doubt, but the kids got "it". and we need to realize there will be bumps in the road and quite frankly if this is as bad as Aaron gets, we will have a winning football team for years to come.
blank
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
My main criticism of Aaron Rodgers is holding onto the ball too long and not picking up the right protection for blitz's.

Both of which will come in time.
UserPostedImage
shanks2122
15 years ago
call me an idiot or whatever but i dont blame frost i blame the oline for makeing frost punt out of the endzone everyother freaking punt
blank
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Packnic - I was one of the people criticizing the team, but it wasn't Aaron Rodgers I was criticizing. It was Mike McCarthy 's safe playcalling and our OL. Very few QBs are going to be spectacular with less than 3 seconds to throw. Aaron Rodgers isn't getting that. I don't blame Aaron Rodgers . All in all, he's still doing well. He's still completing a very high percentage of his passes and has 6 TDs vs 3 INTs. He's doing better than Peyton Manning right now.

Our problem is we need to get first downs. I don't see the spark that I saw last year. This year, it looks to me like we're playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

Look at the Jets. They're a bad team. But it looks like they're having fun out there. Their 2-2 has been a heck of a lot more fun to watch than our 2-2. The reason I'm comparing them is we're a BETTER team and I expect more from us than them. They're playing aggressive. 4th and 1 from their opponent's 40, they throw a pass into the end zone. TD! You know how fun that was to watch? 4th and 5, they go for it and what do you know? They throw another TD?

Geez. Look at us. 1st down. Run. Get 2 yards. 2nd and 8. Run. Get 3 yards. 3rd and 5. Pass. Aaron Rodgers gets sacked. Punt.

It's painful. I want to see us dominate other teams, like we should be doing. We were #2 in O last year and #6 in D. We have pretty much the same team.

Our O is keeping the D on the field too long. That's why our D is looking bad. Missing tackles? It's because they're exhausted. Geez, pick up a few first downs and let the D catch their breaths. You'll see a completely different D.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago

My main criticism of Aaron Rodgers is holding onto the ball too long and not picking up the right protection for blitz's.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I have a hard time w/ the 'holding the ball too long' criticism, mostly because I can't see what he's been seeing on the field. I'm wondering if part of it is the receivers not getting clear in the abbreviated time the OL's been giving him.

Obviously, the answer is to throw the ball away if nothing's there instead of taking the sack, but he's young and wants to prove himself, so I can somewhat understand trying to hang in there for just little bit longer.

I dunno... I'm probably missing something when it comes to this part.
blank
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

"ILikeThePackers39" wrote:

I have a hard time w/ the 'holding the ball too long' criticism, mostly because I can't see what he's been seeing on the field. I'm wondering if part of it is the receivers not getting clear in the abbreviated time the OL's been giving him.

Obviously, the answer is to throw the ball away if nothing's there instead of taking the sack, but he's young and wants to prove himself, so I can somewhat understand trying to hang in there for just little bit longer.

I dunno... I'm probably missing something when it comes to this part.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Holding the ball too long is an observation of mine that I had planted into my head as a youngster playing the position. You can't ask your OL to hold off a onslaught for much more than 4 seconds and if you do you're gonna get slammed.

Holding the ball too long is a product of not reading the defense quick enough, it will come in time. Atleast I believe it will.

You have check downs, all them crap? Find a way to get yards, scramble or throw it away to avoid a sack. This last game he actually RAN out of bounds and LOST two yards. That's UNACCEPTABLE! Period. You can NOT do that. You throw the thing away man lol
UserPostedImage
WhiskeySam
15 years ago
As he gets more experience reading defenses at game speed, the recognition and decision making will come naturally, and he won't hold the ball as long. I expect that to clear itself up over time on its own.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

As he gets more experience reading defenses at game speed, the recognition and decision making will come naturally, and he won't hold the ball as long. I expect that to clear itself up over time on its own.

"WhiskeySam" wrote:

Thank ya sir echo! 😛
UserPostedImage
WhiskeySam
15 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Thank ya sir echo! :P

"WhiskeySam" wrote:

We're psychically linked!
Nemo me impune lacessit
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.