RaiderPride
14 years ago
One step at a time.

This is a good thread. I like the read.

However, everything is about one step at a time... Let's see.

The team had serious challenges on the O Line.. Fixed for now. One Step.

Aaron was not feeling the pressure and hanging on to the ball to long. Fixed. That is another step.

The Defence was not buying into the new scheme.. Kampy was unhappy some say. Fixed. The Packers are the #! rated D in the NFL The players have bought into the plan. Fixed. That is another step.

One step at a time Gentlemen.

It is all coming together

The team lost two in a row and one of those losses was to a lowly T.B. Team. Fixed. Packers on a FOUR GAME WINNING STREAK.

Sunday... Special Teams will come togetther. Fixed.

It is all about One Step At A Time.

I love where this team is going, and more important.. How they are getting there.

This is going to be a very special year. A Very Special Year.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
DGB454
14 years ago
The only problem I have with one step at a time is that it assumes that everyone on the coaching staff is only focusing on that one thing then moving on to the next once it's fixed. Each coach is responsible for one particular part of the team. They should be working on problems simultaneously.

Maybe special teams is harder to teach because of the chaos on the field when they are out there? I mean..... for the most part on kick offs and kick off returns there is controlled chaos on the field for the few seconds they play.
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
This is how i see it. The guys are getting downfield too quick, and thats fine when you actually get to the returner. But when you don't, he has the whole field to run wild.
I think they should be more disciplined in keeping the guy in front of them, making sure to be able to cut him off. They might get to the 30 that way, but you won't get killed with these long returns we have been seeing for years now.
And I agree with DGB.
Each coach has a part of the team that is HIS responsibility. By week 12, they should have figured out why his guys are getting gashed all the time.
It should have been "fixed" by now. And if you don't have the guys out on the field that can do the job, put someone else in.
JMHO
UserPostedImage
beast
14 years ago

The roster was built with STs in mind yet they're awful.

Just imagine if Ted Thompson had cut some our better special team players - I dread to think.

The 3-4 switch should have helped and got us more linebacker body types out there but something's not right.

Slocum's job is on the line right now.

"Dulak" wrote:

British has it right -

you know how many times special teams was mentioned this preseason (including the draft) ... geez I swear we were picking draft picks solely on ST.

and yet like british said - our ST BLOWS.

Something needs to be done and IMO whomever is running our ST unit needs to find different work.

"British" wrote:

Yeah but you could also say injures hurt STs and have made STers to step up to help the defense and take a smaller role on STs.

Brett Swain and Will Blackmon injures have really hurt STs...

Al Harris and Aaron Kampman made STers like Williams, B. Jones and Bush step up on defense and less time on STs...

The coaches thought Matthews was gonna help a lot of STs before he became a full time starter and Thompson has gotta banged up and injured as well.....
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (33m) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (4h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (6h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (9h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (10h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
30m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

44m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11h / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.