Stevetarded
14 years ago
I wonder what his thoughts are on the shape of Finley?
blank
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
Nothing wrong with what Raji said. I am sure the question was what he things he will be able to use to his advantage or something. Media is just trying to stir up a story. Expect to see a lot more 2 down sets anyway.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Brettizzle
14 years ago
I don't thinki its really bullentin board material, I thought it was going to be worse. Like others have said I just hope he backs it up and plays well.
Jermichael Finley

We will be in Indianapolis

porky88
14 years ago
Raji's assessment is correct, but he should probably leave the other player out of it. He talked up his strength, but instead he should have just talked up Kruetz's technique.

Remember, Super Bowl 32 saw a much bigger and stronger Green Bay defensive line get beaten down by a smaller and more finesse Denver offensive line. Why? Their technique was amazing.
RashaanSalaami
14 years ago
Now I'm officially feeling Bears week.

Raji is one confident dude and I like that. He's not afraid to put his mouth on the line and is confident in his skills. If those words were coming out of the words of an impartial scout, there would be no complaints. Let's hope Raji's play can live up to his words. Here's a cat with incredible functional strength. I'm excited to see him play this week in a game where we'll definitely need him.

On the other hand, Tausch has always been in shape enough to put guys on their rear end. This week should be no different. We'll see if a washed up Ogunleye can actually manage to put some pressure on the quarterback.
blank
LambeauEast
14 years ago
What he said wasn't that bad in my opinion, but let's see if he can back it up...oh, and NOT twist an ankle!
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Kreutz responds to Packers rookie: 'They're pretty much all clowns' 

By Brad Biggs

Olin Kreutz said B.J. Raji is getting far too much attention for a rookie with 10 games of experience after the Green Bay Packers nose tackle made it clear Thursday in comments to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that he is stronger than the Bears' center.

"Is that his expertise after (10) games in the NFL?" Kreutz said after practice this afternoon in the Walter Payton Center.

"That is the great thing about the NFL," Kreutz added. "We'll find out on Sunday."

Was Kreutz surprised at Raji's remarks?

"No, that's the way young players are nowadays, they are all pretty much clowns,'' he said. "That's what he thinks. After 10 games, he probably thinks he is the strongest guy in the NFL.''
Raji said that Kreutz relied on quickness. The first-round draft pick from Boston College could be making his first career start as Ryan Pickett is iffy for the game with a pulled right hamstring.

"It's nothing physical, it's all technical," the 6-2, 337-pound Raji told the Milwaukee newspaper. "I'm stronger than the guy. I mean, that's not really talking (smack), he's just fast. That's not his game, really, strength. He's more trying to out leverage you, get around you. Once I get the feel of that then the game will come a lot easier.

"It's not going to take me a whole lot to get used to him moving. Football's football. He's not going to change the way he plays because there's a new nose on him. He's going to play the way he's been playing. So what I watch on film, it's probably going to help me out the most, really.''

Kreutz is always one to speak highly of the opponent, whether he believes it or not, but passed on a chance to assess Raji.

"Ah, you know, I would rather not compliment him now,'' Kreutz said. "I'm not going to talk about a rookie. This is too much attention for a rookie right here.''

Stevetarded
14 years ago

Nose to the Grindstone 

"It's nothing physical, it's all technical," Raji said. "I'm stronger than the guy. I mean, that's not really talking (smack); he's just fast. That's not his game, really, strength. He's more trying to out-leverage you, get around you. Once I get the feel of that then the game will come a lot easier.

"It's not going to take me a whole (game) to get used to him moving. Football's football. He's not going to change the way he plays because there's a new nose on him. He's going to play the way he's been playing. So what I watch on film, it's probably going to help me out the most, really."

"Tezzy" wrote:

Though I'm mostly in agreement of his assessment of Kreutz, I just don't think it's ever good to challenge a veteran player on their strength. Here is to Raji putting his play where his mouth is if Pickett doesn't go this weekend, good opportunity for Raji to show us what his future holds.

"source" wrote:

This is the Bears. I love seeing Packers/Bears players talk crap about eachother. I kinda want more players to do it.
blank
Gravedigga
14 years ago

I don't think he's in shape yet, honestly.

"IronMan" wrote:

Tauscher has NEVER been in shape! LOL

Exactly, if he wasn't a football player, you would mistake him for that fat bowler or the guy that hosts the beer/bbq get together every weekend and eats most of the food and buys extra beer for his own stash
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
earthquake
14 years ago
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/79076712.html 

Bears' Kreutz answers Raji
By Greg A. Bedard of the Journal Sentinel
Dec. 11, 2009 1:27 p.m.

Green Bay - Considering the Chicago Bears are fading faster than the Wisconsin sun in December, the conventional wisdom was Sunday's game against the 8-4 Green Bay Packers would be devoid of drama.

Not anymore.

As you might have expected, Bears veteran center Olin Kreutz took a little exception to the comments Packers rookie nose tackle B.J. Raji made about Kreutz to the Journal Sentinel on Thursday.

Raji said Kreutz, a six-time Pro Bowler, relies on his speed and wouldn't be able to match Raji's strength:

"It's nothing physical, it's all technical," Raji said. "I'm stronger than the guy. I mean, that's not really talking (smack); he's just fast. That's not his game, really, strength. He's more trying to out-leverage you, get around you. Once I get the feel of that then the game will come a lot easier.

"It's not going to take me a whole (game) to get used to him moving. Football's football. He's not going to change the way he plays because there's a new nose on him. He's going to play the way he's been playing. So what I watch on film, it's probably going to help me out the most, actually."

Here's what Kreutz said today to reporters in Chicago:

Q: Are you strong enough to take on Raji?

A: Is that his exact quote, or are you guys changing the quote a little bit.

Q: He said you are quick but he doesn't know if you are strong enough to deal with a guy like him.

A: Is that his expertise after (12) games in the NFL?

Q: He's played in 10.

A: That is the great thing about the NFL. Well find out on Sunday.

Q: Are you surprised when young players make those statements?

A: No, thats the way young players are nowadays, they are all pretty much clowns.

Q: Does it show a lack of respect?

A: Thats what he thinks. After 10 games, he probably thinks he is the strongest guy in the NFL.

Q: Does he do anything on tape that impresses you?

A: Ah, you know, I would rather not compliment him now.

Q: Do you try to police your own young players?

A: You just hope guys are smart enough to show respect for the game and respect for the guy they are playing against.

Q: Do you ever make a comment back to a guy after this?

A: I never make comments during a game. Im not going to talk about a rookie. This is too much attention for a rookie right here.

Throw those comments in with Bears end Adewale Ogunleye saying his matchup with Packers tackle Mark Tauscher should be one the Bears win, and Sunday's game suddenly got a little bit more interesting on both sides.

blank
Fan Shout
beast (11h) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.