millertime
14 years ago
Michael Huff, really?

The guy has played alright this season, but he has been complete bust the last 3 years. He wasn't even starting this season until someone got hurt. He was almost cut before the season as well.

The bottom line is that whole top of that draft was pretty weak.
blueleopard
14 years ago
Al Davis wants Huff off the team. Al Davis of all people. So I don't think Huff would've been better than Hawk.

Ngata on the other hand... man he's a beast
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
brnt247
14 years ago
We are unbelivably better at stopping the run this season and Hawk is much better in coverage than Bishop has been. Hawk has shown a great deal of speed to me this year as he's chased sideline to sideline has made plays down field as well as at the line of scrimmage. There's no need to go to a one dimentional player like Bishop when our run defense is performing so well.
blank
macbob
  • macbob
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago

I guess after 32 threads on hiw bad Hawk is, it must be the truth!!!

ANOTHER TED THOMPSON FUCK UP!!!!

Hell the guy couldn't play in college, I don't know why Thompson ever drafted him.

The leas he could do now is cut the worthless bastard and put in someone else, who may or may not actually know his assignments.

Every year there has to be one, this year it is AJ Hawk, some of you don't get it, never had , and never will, so I say let's cut Hawk loose so he can go play somewhere else.

I damn guarantee you he would be picked up in 30 seconds.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Ted Thompson made a lot of dumb mistakes. Hawk wasn't one of them.

If you take ANY sports rag from that year discussing the draft, I guarantee you more than 90% would have AJ Hawk in their top 10 for mock drafts. Hawk was good in college, and he was exactly who I wanted as our 1st round pick.

Now, I bet on this forum, if everyone was honest, the vast majority were happy when it was announced that AJ Hawk was our 1st round pick. I know I was.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

I was happy when Hawk was picked. He was a playmaker in college. I'm just wondering where that playermaker is now. I'd be happy with him if he'd been a middle-round draft pick. You have to go to the second page when sorting linebackers by tackles to even find him (there's 50 per page, and then he's down in the middle of that page (#74 overall).

As a 1st rounder, and the 5th overall pick, I'd expect him to perform closer to a D'Qwell Jackson, Ray Lewis, Barrett Ruud, Thomas Davis, London Fletcher than to a Nick Roach (the LB immediately in front of him on the list). D'Qwell Jackson (taken in the 2nd round of the draft that year) plays LILB in a 3-4 defense, too, for Cleveland. DJ had 188 tackles last year, and 59 this year before going on IR this week.
Ted Thompson wasn't mentioned anywhere until buckeye brought him up. Hawk wasn't a Ted Thompson screw up.

What happened to Hawk????
UserPostedImage
Blank402
14 years ago

I don't have play stats, but I'd bet money that Hawk's played more downs than Chillar.

"macbob" wrote:

You'd lose that bet. Hawk played a grand total of nine snaps against Lions.
blank
macbob
  • macbob
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago

I don't have play stats, but I'd bet money that Hawk's played more downs than Chillar.

"Blank402" wrote:

You'd lose that bet. Hawk played a grand total of nine snaps against Lions.

"macbob" wrote:

Was he injured? Or was it due to performance?

I'm just wondering where they guy went that was so dominant in college, the guy who led the Buckeyes in tackles 3 years in a row. I'm just not seeing that guy on the field during games.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
14 years ago
According to McCarthy, Hawk didn't play much against the Lions because they didn't play many snaps in the base defense, which is what Hawk starts in.

Hawk is one of my favorite players on the team, I don't really know why, but I like him. I'm getting SOOOO mad at all of these threads bashing Hawk. At LEAST go back to the SAME thread that was originally started, instead of posting a new one for the 300th time since before the season started.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago

I was happy when Hawk was picked. He was a playmaker in college. I'm just wondering where that playermaker is now. I'd be happy with him if he'd been a middle-round draft pick. You have to go to the second page when sorting linebackers by tackles to even find him (there's 50 per page, and then he's down in the middle of that page (#74 overall).

As a 1st rounder, and the 5th overall pick, I'd expect him to perform closer to a D'Qwell Jackson, Ray Lewis, Barrett Ruud, Thomas Davis, London Fletcher than to a Nick Roach (the LB immediately in front of him on the list). D'Qwell Jackson (taken in the 2nd round of the draft that year) plays LILB in a 3-4 defense, too, for Cleveland. DJ had 188 tackles last year, and 59 this year before going on IR this week.

Ted Thompson wasn't mentioned anywhere until buckeye brought him up. Hawk wasn't a Ted Thompson screw up.

What happened to Hawk????

"macbob" wrote:

I'm sure a lot of experts are thinking the very same thing.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

At LEAST go back to the SAME thread that was originally started, instead of posting a new one for the 300th time since before the season started.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree, young man, and I saw that without the faintest trace of sarcasm or irony.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
14 years ago

Can't compare stats on these guys. I have used this analogy before. Hawk is the FB of the defense. He many not be making as many tackles or getting huge sacks and making the highlights. He is just doing his job. He takes on the lead blockers so Barnett or who ever can make the tackle. He is sacrificing himself for the team.

"Tezzy" wrote:

I'm not buying it. He was a 1st round, 5th pick in the draft. He needs to be more than the FB of the defense. He needs to be the star QB/RB/WR.

"nerdmann" wrote:

This may all be the case, but I'd like to see Bishop out there. Give Bishop a chance, if he F's up, then at least we'd know. Then we can go back to Hawk.
Bishop just makes plays, flat out.

"macbob" wrote:

Bishop needs to help himself. The snaps he has gotten he needs to take better advantage of. I believe that if he had committed less penalties from those snaps he'd get more opportunities. The one that really sticks out was the offside penalty on that play that PI got called on. To me the preseason Bishop looks much different then the regular season Bishop in those snaps he has had. And I honestly believe he makes more mistakes than big plays in the big picture.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

Maybe. My take is that he's trying to hard to take advantage of too few opportunities.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

6h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

6h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

10h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

11h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

20h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

21h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.