DakotaT
14 years ago

I don't get the Atari hate that has been around here lately. He's just injury prone, but when healthy, he's explosive and ball-hawking. Remember the playoff game vs Seahawks, or the season opener last year vs the Vikings.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

Why is it hate if you question a players ability? He is better than the second stringers yes. He is a big hitter, enforcer type safety. But he is a huge liability against a prolific passing team because he is slow.

I also think Nick Collins is a long way from being a top three safety in this league. It doesn't mean I hate him, it means I will question the large contract he signs at the end of the year.

GB's defense has not been the same since the days of Eugene and Leroy. We have not even come close. Those guys were physical, ball hawking, and most of all intelligent. Great safety play masques a lot of problems. We have nowhere near great safety play.
UserPostedImage
matteogb4
14 years ago
i am not a bigby fan but we played our better defense footbal when e was in...and healthy...

so he can blitz more than other S and let colling on the deep looking for the ball
blank
Pack93z
14 years ago
Sorry Bigby reminds me of a more fragile version of Mark S. Murphy, Mr. Clean himself back in the day.

A step or two slow in coverage, maybe out of position at times, but if you are in front of him he was going to deck you.. hard. Thing is, Bigby hasn't hit as many people as Murphy did in his days...

Cecil the other thumper we had in the back end of the defense.. he was like a heat seaker.. everything was about the big "stick".. but he was a huge liability in coverage...

Oh yeah.. back to Bigby.. best option we have on the roster currently.. waiting for Giordano (guido) to get up to speed.. might be interesting to see what he brings to the table.

And maybe with a couple more weeks of seasoning.. Martin may come along..

The season is far from over.. we just have to start playing smart ball and can't afford to fall back any further.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
OK who forgot to tell Bigby the season started a month ago? He is as bad as my wife for showing up on time.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Cheesey
14 years ago
Well Packfanwithtwins..........our O-line has YET to show up! So don't feel too bad about your wife!

My wife is the same way. Anytime we went to the movies, she was ALWAYS late, no matter what. We always ended up finding our seats in the dark.
So one time i told her the movie started at 6:30, when it in fact started at 7.
We got there about quarter to 7. She was SOOOO mad at me! LOLOL!!!

And it only worked once......after that she would say "Ok......what time does the movie start FOR REAL???"
UserPostedImage
packfan4
14 years ago
I'm not even a big Bigby fan but his return in huge, Derrick Martin had an AWFUL game against Minny. He's still very young so maybe he'll grow into a nice player but right now he's nowhere near ready.
UserPostedImage
LambeauEast
14 years ago
He hasn't hit anything in a while now, so we'll see how timid he may, or may not be. But I think he has to be an upgrade over what's been there.
UserPostedImage
Patlee22
14 years ago
It will nice to see him back there again. Hopefully he stays healthy this time. If he gets injured again, then we probably can count on him not coming back next season.
blank
Kingdom22
14 years ago
Well I thought I would never say this but I will take Bigby right now over Martin. Tramon Williams and Bigby starting would be interesting if indeed that's the case. Glad to see a Vet back in the secondary, hope he is completely healed and can perform rest of the season how he did during seahawks game during the playoffs. I hope.
blank
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Packers' hard-hitting Bigby expected back vs. Lions 

Associated Press

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Safety Atari Bigby is ready to return to the Green Bay Packers, and the big hits can't be far behind.

While Bigby is known for delivering jaw-jarring tackles, he says the biggest contribution he can make in his return from a knee injury is a sense of confidence that rubs off on his teammates.

"It's like being a pilot," Bigby said. "You don't want to hear your pilot say, 'OK, we're going down!' You want him to land that thing safe and sound wherever you're at. I think that's what I bring, and that's what they feel when I'm back there."

Bigby was back at practice for the Packers this week, and is expected to be back on the field for Sunday's home game against Detroit. His injury in the season opener against Chicago left a significant hole in what suddenly became a vulnerable secondary and the Packers have been scrambling to find a reliable backup.....

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (8h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.