Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I frankly don't see what's so inspirational about that drive. The fact is, they needed a "miracle" because they didn't get the job done in the first three quarters; they let the 49ers hang around.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

So, to recap this. A miracle was needed and a miracle was received? Favre the man of miracles. Unfortunately it appears no other NFL team wanted him and the Vikings did and ... sadly he's on their team now.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

I frankly don't see what's so inspirational about that drive. The fact is, they needed a "miracle" because they didn't get the job done in the first three quarters; they let the 49ers hang around.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

So, to recap this. A miracle was needed and a miracle was received? Favre the man of miracles. Unfortunately it appears no other NFL team wanted him and the Vikings did and ... sadly he's on their team now.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Further more, is it all Favre's issue that the Niners hung around? Could he help it if Berrian has hands of stone? No.

Fact is.. with the game on the line, Favre delivered.. as much as I don't want to give him his props.. one has to. Money throw.. and an even better grab.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
14 years ago
For me, the throw that he made at the end was not the "scariest" for US.

US.

The one that has me nervous was a reasonably innocuous play in the big scheme of that football game relative to the media play that the last second throw got.

Favre got pressured. He rolled to his right, fast and hard. He threw across his body on a line to (I am 99% sure it was Bernard Berrian) streak right to left.

The defender had effectively quit on Berrian. There is no way Favre is throwing to him. No way.

Except he did. Dead square perfect pass...Hit him in perfect stride.

That play summed up a "good Brett" day for me.

Will not make any of the highlight reels, but it is the kind of thing that scares me most.

Leroy Butler talked in his homer analysis (I love him, but man, he's a homer) about DB's "not quitting" on their assignments against Brett.

He was talking about precisely what I was seeing.

I have to go review the wonderlic scores of our defensive backfield.
Formo
14 years ago

For me, the throw that he made at the end was not the "scariest" for US.

US.

The one that has me nervous was a reasonably innocuous play in the big scheme of that football game relative to the media play that the last second throw got.

Favre got pressured. He rolled to his right, fast and hard. He threw across his body on a line to (I am 99% sure it was Bernard Berrian) streak right to left.

The defender had effectively quit on Berrian. There is no way Favre is throwing to him. No way.

Except he did. Dead square perfect pass...Hit him in perfect stride.

That play summed up a "good Brett" day for me.

Will not make any of the highlight reels, but it is the kind of thing that scares me most.

Leroy Butler talked in his homer analysis (I love him, but man, he's a homer) about DB's "not quitting" on their assignments against Brett.

He was talking about precisely what I was seeing.

I have to go review the wonderlic scores of our defensive backfield.

"dfosterf" wrote:

I don't know about all that..

But your signature is distracting!!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I completely agree that the throw on the final play was amazing, and the fact that the receiver was able to bring both feet down inbounds even more so. But every time I watch the replay, all I can think is how dumb the defensive back was for not shoving the receiver out of bounds. If he'd just done that minuscule thing -- just a tap, really, is all it would have taken -- we'd be talking about him as the hero of that game and not Favre.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I completely agree that the throw on the final play was amazing, and the fact that the receiver was able to bring both feet down inbounds even more so. But every time I watch the replay, all I can think is how dumb the defensive back was for not shoving the receiver out of bounds. If he'd just done that minuscule thing -- just a tap, really, is all it would have taken -- we'd be talking about him as the hero of that game and not Favre.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

If my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle. What's the point in playing the if this but this game? It didn't go down that way, period.

Fact of the matter is a Gore'less 49er team pushed the Vikings to the edge and came close, but couldn't close out the deal. Superstars close out the deal, Favre did that. He deserves the credit. My opinion is the pocket presence, the catch and throw were in that order of greatness. Favre has a excellent pocket presence that you rarely see.
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
14 years ago

After watching the replay a few times. I'm more impressed with Favre's pocket presence than the throw he made. To the naked eye, it wasn't much, but if you watch he has players all around him. Subtle step here, move there, side step here, step into pocket, bye bye 49ers. He's one incredible QB.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Gunslinger!!!! I'm happy to hear that term this week
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Gravedigga
14 years ago

Non you just have sour grapes :P

You say if one of those 3 plays don't happen he wouldn't have done it, but what about if AP actually runs the ball (which we can't stop) and if the 9ers don't block a fg at the end of the half and return it for a td he wouldn't have had to lead them to a late td. So ya alot of ifs, but those Ifs always go both ways in a game and it doesn't have to be at the end of the game for it to affect the outcome.

I watched them talk about the last pass and they were all saying how impressed they were with how accurate of a pass it was by leading the wr by 10 yards.

"dhazer" wrote:

Whats that smell?? Man it's horrible. Oh, it's just Non's sour grapes :wickedfart:
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
zombieslayer
14 years ago

I frankly don't see what's so inspirational about that drive. The fact is, they needed a "miracle" because they didn't get the job done in the first three quarters; they let the 49ers hang around. If it weren't for a couple of catastrophic mistakes on the part of the 49ers -- three consecutive runs, dropping a potential INT, failing to push the receiver out on the final play -- the outcome would have been much different. If any one of those three plays goes the other way, the Vikings lose the game.

And before anyone says this is sour grapes because I don't like Favre, remember that I said the exact same thing after Rodgers' "miracle" drive in Week 1. Get the job done in the first three quarters and you don't need miracle drives to seal the deal in the last seconds.

If there's any inspiration to be gleaned from that drive, in my opinion it's for us. If the 49ers can play the Vikings that close, surely the Packers can. And I think, absent any egregious mistakes, they will. This team is improving week by week, though not as quickly nor as smoothly as some of us might like.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Nonstop - Don't underestimate the Niners. Big mistake.

I've always believed in the power of inspiration. Always. As Favre has the "it" factor, so does Mike Singletary.

Mike Singletary's got this mediocre team convinced they're a Playoff team and don't be surprised if WE face them in the Playoffs.

The Vikings didn't fail in the first 3 quarters, the Niners are just that good.

And like it or not, in the year 2009, that play by Brett Favre and Lewis was the hands down best play so far. Favre beat the rush, knew he was going to get hit. Lewis improvised the route, found a piece of the end zone that was unoccupied, and somehow held on to that ball while keep both feet in bounds.

I dare anyone to show me a better play in '09. As good? Sure. But better? I highly doubt it.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
longtimefan
14 years ago
Zombi I dont think anyone can deny that was the best play so far in 09...But it was really a miracle play
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (1h) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (4h) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (4h) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.