CaliforniaCheez
14 years ago
Why is he overwhelmingly outcoached by Lovie Smith?

What is his problem that he doesn't seem to take the Bears seriously?

Why is there a lack of creativity?

Why does he never change things up for the Bears?

It is quite obvious that Lovie Smith takes Packer games seriously and prepares well for them.

I would like to see some effort and preparation from McCarthy.

The Bears have been stomping on the Packers the whole time McCarthy has been coach and I am sick and tired of it.
blank
DGB454
14 years ago
They didn't stomp us last year. In fact GB gave them a beat down the first meeting and should have won the last game.

This is JMO but I think Smith had Favre figured out. I think that's part of why we had been loosing to the Bears in recent years. I also think that the Vikings are in line to get beat 2 times by the Bears this season.

As bad as we were last year and we nearly came away with 2 wins against them.

Again...this is just my opinion.
shield4life
14 years ago
We nearly could of went 6-0 last year. Even against the Vikings if Crosby had made the FG, we would of won 2 of our meetings.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
RaiderPride
14 years ago
Other than the fact I think McArthy at times coaches the game far too conservative, heck, he almost coaches scared. I have no challenge with Mike.

I think he will adjust this year... Give Aaron the opportunity to play to his strengths. I think he was just protecting Aaron's confidence in Aaron's first year as a starter. And who knows.... It may have been the right move.

We will see in a couple of months.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Pack93z
14 years ago
A couple of quick thoughts...

1) As hard as it seems to be to conceive the notion.. I don't think the Bears are the primary rival anymore for the Packers.. I think the purple to the west has held that position for the better part of a decade or longer.

2) Yes there has been a couple of lopsided wins by them against us, but I think it has more to do with the players on the field in those games than the coaching.. plain and simple... their players were jacked up to play us.. much more so than ours... in most of those blowouts.. we have gotten beat at the LOS.. handily... part of that may be coaching.. but most of it is pure desire or lack of it by us...

3) If we play "flat" at all this year.. meaning we come into a game without the attitude to kick the opponents ass.. I will be extremely disappointed in the new hires on the defensive side of the ball.. if nothing else that unit should be the emotional fireplug of this team..

Basically.. there were games last year and towards the end of 07' where we where a team just going through the motions.. That is what I am sick of.. that and the piss poor excuses in the pressers.. Pad level shouldn't be an issue after a couple of years..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Greg C.
14 years ago
I agree that McCarthy has been outcoached by Lovie. But I don't see any lack of seriousness from the Packers in preparing for those games. I think things will even out.
blank
warhawk
14 years ago
I don't see any big coaching advantage now that GB has the talent to matchup with the Bears. In '06 the Bears had a good defense that wasn't overrated and we had a lot of young players on that team.

In '07 we were beating the tar out of the Bears at home with Favre picking them apart in the first half. McCarthy's game plan going in could not have been better. The Bears adjusted their D in the second half to take that away opening up for the run and the O line couldn't get it done. It seemed like Briggs was in on every play in the second half. As far as coaching goes McCarthy made the right adjustments in the game plan the players just did not execute.

I fully expect McCarthy to come out with a good game plan opening night and come away with a solid win. I think this is where Sitton will be an improvement for us. If the Bears try to take the pass away and give us the run he can battle with those LB's whereas in '07 our guards were no match for those guys.
"The train is leaving the station."
Cheesey
14 years ago
That conservative game calling HAS to go. Thats the only way we will win.
You have to play to win, NOT to not lose.
UserPostedImage
Trippster
14 years ago
Please, someone for the love of god, explain a few things to me.

What instances are you referring to when saying that the packers are too conservative. Were we not one of the top passing teams?

Do you want trick plays? They are gadgets of the overmatched, of which we certianly are not.

I for one, would be happy with an exact repeat of our offense from last year. QB with 4k yards and 3-1 td/int ratio and a halfback that gained over 12oo yards. Conservativeness does not get you those stats.
As far as McCarthy not taking the bears seriously, what is the record of the last say 12 games between us? Didn't we split last year? Two years ago when Favre cried after the game?

Lovie announced his job was to beat the Packers. that is because realistically, that was all he could do to set goals. Our goals are to win the division, confrerence, and Superbowl. I could give a rats ass where our wins come each year as long as our goals are achieved.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Bigbyfan
14 years ago

Please, someone for the love of god, explain a few things to me.

What instances are you referring to when saying that the packers are too conservative. Were we not one of the top passing teams?

Do you want trick plays? They are gadgets of the overmatched, of which we certianly are not.

I for one, would be happy with an exact repeat of our offense from last year. QB with 4k yards and 3-1 td/int ratio and a halfback that gained over 12oo yards. Conservativeness does not get you those stats.
As far as McCarthy not taking the bears seriously, what is the record of the last say 12 games between us? Didn't we split last year? Two years ago when Favre cried after the game?

Lovie announced his job was to beat the Packers. that is because realistically, that was all he could do to set goals. Our goals are to win the division, confrerence, and Superbowl. I could give a rats ass where our wins come each year as long as our goals are achieved.

"Trippster" wrote:

The conservative part comes near the end of the game. For example say the Packers are down by two and Aaron Rodgers moves up to the 35. McCarthy would then choose to run three straight run plays toward the 1 or 2 gap. Thats conservative.
blank
Fan Shout
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

18-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.