buckeyepackfan
3 months ago

UserPostedImage
Christian Parker spent two years as a defensive quality control coach for the Packers. Could he come back as defensive coordinator?

Continue Reading @ Sports Illustrated 

Sports Illustrated wrote:

Only 32 years old. interesting
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
dhazer
3 months ago
I still hope they go after Jimmy Leonhard seeing he was the 1st choice before but he was in the prospects of getting a head coaching job at Wisconsin. So maybe he would take it this time around. I don't want any of these old recycled guys because they are available for a reason lol.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 months ago

Only 32 years old. interesting

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Andrew Mertig @andrewmertig · 54m
Based on two separate sources, Christian Parker is currently in Green Bay, and I’m being led to believe has been offered the Green Bay DC job. No word on if it has been accepted.

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
3 months ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Saw the same blurb. Interesting if true because it seems like a quick search.

About Parker himself, he seems to have survived the upheaval of the Hackett to Payton on merit which is a good sign.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
3 months ago
Yeesh, an underwhelming choice.
Go Packers!!!!
bboystyle
3 months ago

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

Better than Staley
Zero2Cool
3 months ago

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

NFL circles are saying the opposite. They're saying he's a rising star (actually it's in this topic title isn't it lol), but that's the mantra circling this guy. I don't know squat about the guy other than Broncos had a really good defense second half of the season.

Week 3 : 70 points to Dolphins
Week 4 : 28 points to Bears

Then the change started happening over next few weeks.

@Chiefs 19 points
Packers 17 points
Chiefs 9 points
@Bills 22 points
Vikings 20 points
Browns 12 points
@Chargers 7 points
@Lions 42!!! points
Patriots 26 points
Chargers 9 points
@Raiders 27 points

Granted, he was only the DB Coach so it's not like we can credit him for those low point outings. But in the same breath, we can't fault him for the 70 points to Dolphins or 42 points to Lions.

Broncos Defense
29th overall in yards
30th rush yards
22nd pass yards
27th (24.3) 27th in points against
UserPostedImage
3 months ago

I don't know squat about the guy other than Broncos had a really good defense second half of the season.

You could say the same thing about the Packers!!

Broncos Defense
29th overall in yards
30th rush yards
22nd pass yards

I repeat Yeesh!!!

How about if we get a star instead of a rising star.

Go Packers!!!!
Mucky Tundra
3 months ago

NFL circles are saying the opposite. They're saying he's a rising star (actually it's in this topic title isn't it lol), but that's the mantra circling this guy. I don't know squat about the guy other than Broncos had a really good defense second half of the season.

Week 3 : 70 points to Dolphins
Week 4 : 28 points to Bears

Then the change started happening over next few weeks.

@Chiefs 19 points
Packers 17 points
Chiefs 9 points
@Bills 22 points
Vikings 20 points
Browns 12 points
@Chargers 7 points
@Lions 42!!! points
Patriots 26 points
Chargers 9 points
@Raiders 27 points

Granted, he was only the DB Coach so it's not like we can credit him for those low point outings. But in the same breath, we can't fault him for the 70 points to Dolphins or 42 points to Lions.

Broncos Defense
29th overall in yards
30th rush yards
22nd pass yards

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
3 months ago
Tyler Kyles wrote (MC comment here...I tried to copy the text using my iphone and it may not be 100% spot on

but he's also a big part of their defensive structure.

Especially this season, Payton wanted to bring in Vance Joseph to run a blend of his defense and the Fangio defense which he's never been in, So Parker was practically teaching the defense early on while also teaching Vance on the finer details of it. You can watch the defense start to take form as the season went on, early it just looked like a bunch of jumbled up concepts with no philosophy and they found their identity midway through the season.

One thing that was notable for me was how the DBs for the past few years have played a sort of passive and safe style of coverage/tackling but when things this season were really bad him and VJ flipped a switch and started to emphasize playing the ball in the air and when they tackle as well, so I think that says a lot about how adaptable he is.

The bothersome thing to me is the last part of the quote....repeated and highlighted for emphasis...
One thing that was notable for me was how the DBs for the past few years have played a sort of passive and safe style of coverage/tackling but when things this season were really bad him and VJ flipped a switch and started to emphasize playing the ball in the air and when they tackle as well, so I think that says a lot about how adaptable he is.

So the new defensive coordinator VJ, Vernon Joseph had to step in to get them to play more aggressive and tackle!!

Note he did not say 'Christian Parker improved our defensive backs by getting them to play the ball and be less passive. This write up could be interpreted that Parker was part of the problem.
Go Packers!!!!
Fan Shout
beast (2h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (2h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (18h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (19h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (20h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (23h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (23h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.