umair_010
3 months ago
We don't have to play san Fran in order to get to the SUPERBOWL. This team was a nightmare for Rodgers and they are continuing to be a nightmare for us.
bboystyle
3 months ago
Like the 2014 team, we beat ourselves. We make the SB this year if we didnt have the worss kicker in the league.

Im not afraid of SF. They will go home ringless again because they lack a QB. We will make a nice run again
3 months ago
Actually, on a dry track we probably would have lost by more.

Its not MLF, its not SF.

We are not good enough yet personnel wise. We need to be better along both lines and the defensive backfield. We had to keep at least 1 guy in to block their 4, and sometimes 2. We were in trouble against any blitz.

On defense, we are generally weak against the run because we have to run a 2 high shell to protect our deficient db's.

Their lines were, and are better than our lines.

If we want to win the Superbowl, we need to improve dramatically the OL, DL, ILB play, and db's.
Go Packers!!!!
beast
3 months ago
1) Improved linemen on both sides of the ball

2) Catch all the INTs that come out way (and stop losing the ball)

3) Don't miss any kicks

Basically doing all of that perfectly is impossible, but we can potentially improve in all three of them.
UserPostedImage
umair_010
3 months ago

Actually, on a dry track we probably would have lost by more.

Its not MLF, its not SF.

We are not good enough yet personnel wise. We need to be better along both lines and the defensive backfield. We had to keep at least 1 guy in to block their 4, and sometimes 2. We were in trouble against any blitz.

On defense, we are generally weak against the run because we have to run a 2 high shell to protect our deficient db's.

Their lines were, and are better than our lines.

If we want to win the Superbowl, we need to improve dramatically the OL, DL, ILB play, and db's.

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

We lost because of the kicker.
beast
3 months ago

Originally Posted by: umair_010 

It's not that simple, even if the Kicker makes it, it's only tied. And their kicker missed one (due to block) too. And Packers went for it on 4th and 1 and didn't get it, can just as easily blame that.

But all of that ties it up.

Also could say staying healthy.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 months ago

This comment reads as if someone looked at the box score and didn't watch the game. And then still doesn't grasp that a FG is 3 points so at most it'd be a tie, lol.

I will assume you watched the game and Anders Carlson is just the lazy whipping boy for our frustrations. There were many opportunities for the Packers to seal this game and the Packers collectively failed. I can name 10 reasons why we didn't win and one missed 41 yard FG would not make the list. Why? Because a FG is 3 points and the Packers lost by 3 points and you can't win if you tie. Simple math! 🤣😜😜😜
UserPostedImage
umair_010
3 months ago
Sure but it's not just about the 3 points. It's the momentum as well. That was a critical part of the game. And yes I know we can point at other things as well.
Zero2Cool
3 months ago

Sure but it's not just about the 3 points. It's the momentum as well. That was a critical part of the game. And yes I know we can point at other things as well.

If you're gonna talk about momentum, we can go all day talking about things missed and the FG won't even scratch the list.

The Packers offense whittled away in the red zone. I would have liked to see how things would have been if we kicked that FG rather than the (hurried) 4th down QB sneak. IF we go FG and some miracle our kicker hits it through uprights, THEN we could talk about that 41 yard missed FG from the left hash. But there's too many other things that so obvious and glaring ... that the FG is just ... not even on the radar.

I mean, the offense turned it over three times, right? Two interceptions and turn over on downs. We not gonna talk about that? We're gonna talk about a missed FG that would have not have even won the game on its own?

I mean, c'mon lol
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
3 months ago

This comment reads as if someone looked at the box score and didn't watch the game. And then still doesn't grasp that a FG is 3 points so at most it'd be a tie, lol.

I will assume you watched the game and Anders Carlson is just the lazy whipping boy for our frustrations. There were many opportunities for the Packers to seal this game and the Packers collectively failed. I can name 10 reasons why we didn't win and one missed 41 yard FG would not make the list. Why? Because a FG is 3 points and the Packers lost by 3 points and you can't win if you tie. Simple math! 🤣😜😜😜

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

That 4th and 1 play was the outcome of not trusting your kicker. If we have Crosby, MLF takes that FG and doesnt do a dumb QB shove. MLF said himslef that he prays every time we kick a FG.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (3h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (3h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (3h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (3h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (4h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (5h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (6h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (10h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (10h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.