Mucky Tundra
6 months ago
Packers Week 9 Snap Counts: Green Bay leans into Aaron Jones and 12 personnel 

Earlier, Runyan sat for a series as Rhyan got his first significant playing time, and Rhyan later came on at left guard for Jenkins when the game was out of reach. Notably, Rhyan looked solid in those brief spells of playing time, a good sign for a player who has had few of those in his young career.

(first tweet has a misleading caption as it doesn't have Rhyan filling in for Jenkins at the end of the game)

Runyan has always been a nice find for a late round pick, but he's always been more a pass blocker and alright if he's the #5 or #4 guy on the line which isn't the case this season. Since his contract is up at the end of the year, I think there needs to be a serious consideration to get Rhyan in at RG going forward instead of Runyan. Yes this is a bit of knee jerk reaction but Rhyan was moving guys on the ground when in and didn't shit the bed vs Aaron Donald. How good of a pass blocker he can be is up in the air but we'll never find out if he's on the bench.

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool
6 months ago
During a podcast, David Bakthiari spoke favorably about Sean Rhyan and said he got screwed over with the suspension. I tried telling you all this months ago and you all (ok some of you) bemoaned his draft position as why he's a dud not a stud.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 months ago

Packers Week 9 Snap Counts: Green Bay leans into Aaron Jones and 12 personnel 

(first tweet has a misleading caption as it doesn't have Rhyan filling in for Jenkins at the end of the game)

Runyan has always been a nice find for a late round pick, but he's always been more a pass blocker and alright if he's the #5 or #4 guy on the line which isn't the case this season. Since his contract is up at the end of the year, I think there needs to be a serious consideration to get Rhyan in at RG going forward instead of Runyan. Yes this is a bit of knee jerk reaction but Rhyan was moving guys on the ground when in and didn't shit the bed vs Aaron Donald. How good of a pass blocker he can be is up in the air but we'll never find out if he's on the bench.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Runyon has always (to me,) been a guy who's good and can play, but when he's injured, ot brings him down to where he's in his comfort zone. Often can't get it done anymore.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
6 months ago
Runyan seems like a guy that can be good at one thing at a time, first year he was good in run game and struggled in the pass, then after that seemed to focus on pass blocking and struggled at run blocking. But good at the one thing he focuses on, but struggles at the other.

Though whom is better Runyan or Myers?

Also, if Rhyan is better than Runyan, then why the hell was Newman playing earlier this season when we needed OG help?

Why didn't Rhyan get more chances sooner?

UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
6 months ago

Runyan seems like a guy that can be good at one thing at a time, first year he was good in run game and struggled in the pass, then after that seemed to focus on pass blocking and struggled at run blocking. But good at the one thing he focuses on, but struggles at the other.

Also, if Rhyan is better than Runyan, then why the hell was Newman playing earlier this season when we needed OG help?

Originally Posted by: beast 

I think we’ve learned over the past couple seasons that our coaching staff is stubborn about making changes, even if the correct answer is obvious (like putting Jenkins at RT last year and not moving him away from it for several weeks).

I don’t know why Newman is even on this team.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
6 months ago

I'll answer those questions when I figure out why Jake Hanson and Royce Newman started in Minnesota last year while Zach Tom was on the bench.
UserPostedImage
beast
6 months ago

I'll answer those questions when I figure out why Jake Hanson and Royce Newman started in Minnesota last year while Zach Tom was on the bench.

I know they were moving Tom around WAY too much in training camp for most any person to learn the play of one position.

I think he was at all OL spots except RT, which confused the hell out of me, as I thought RT was the spot we would most likely need the help at.

Of course, I didn't know about the coaches plan to put Jenkins at RT.

But I'm sure Tom (because he kept being moved too much as a rookie) would of known all the roles yet as a rookie, I expect that's why Hanson got the start early in, before his early injury.

I have no idea why they continued to start Newman, as I've said many times, have an over aggressive OT as Jenkins was, outside of under aggressive OG like Newman was, is just asking for trouble.... they might of played bad, but their chemistry made them a whole lot worse, and something should of been changed there much sooner.

So maybe we have a bad decision maker making the OL decisions.

UserPostedImage
porky88
6 months ago

I know they were moving Tom around WAY too much in training camp for most any person to learn the play of one position.

I think he was at all OL spots except RT, which confused the hell out of me, as I thought RT was the spot we would most likely need the help at.

Of course, I didn't know about the coaches plan to put Jenkins at RT.

But I'm sure Tom (because he kept being moved too much as a rookie) would of known all the roles yet as a rookie, I expect that's why Hanson got the start early in, before his early injury.

I have no idea why they continued to start Newman, as I've said many times, have an over aggressive OT as Jenkins was, outside of under aggressive OG like Newman was, is just asking for trouble.... they might of played bad, but their chemistry made them a whole lot worse, and something should of been changed there much sooner.

So maybe we have a bad decision maker making the OL decisions.

I think you're spot on, and it's the decision-making with coaching.

The decisions made regarding Newman continue to be a mystery. You could make a case that he's not worth a roster spot given the amount of chances he's had and his overall play.

You wonder how much of Tom's development was slowed because they couldn't commit to a position for him.

Mucky Tundra
5 months ago

UserPostedImage
beast
5 months ago

*posted a couple Rhyan clips in the Lions game*

Looks like that's just two plays and one guy MIGHT have triped himself when trying to put a move on Rhyan. But he did stop the edge rushers bullrush extremely well!

Rhyan is a mystery to me right now, a ton of small samples of 15 snaps or less per game.

Rams: 15 snaps (13 run, 2 pass) was a bit below average PFF grade in the run game. But moved Aaron Donald and was good in his two pass blocking snaps grades but it was only two.

Chargers: 6 snaps (2 run, 4 pass) and he graded out as a 0.0 for pass blocking, and horrible for run blocking.

Lions: 13 snaps, (3 run, 10 pass), best pass blocking grade on the team. Though interesting Nijman had the best grade of any OL (9 runs, 18 passes), about equality above average in both the run and pass. The OT graded out better than the IOL, Rhyan had the best IOL grade. Runyan was clearly the worst.

Who made the decision to start Newman over Rhyan earlier in the season?

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (16h) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.