Mucky Tundra
8 months ago
Is it time for the Packers to trade Yosh Nijman? 

What no one could imagine, at the time, was that Tom would run away with the right tackle job while second-year player Rasheed Walker displaced Nijman as the team’s swing tackle — leaving Nijman fourth on the tackle depth chart. That’s been the case recently, as Walker has received opportunities ahead of Nijman in the past two weeks of practice and in last week’s preseason game against the New England Patriots.

The assumption is that the Packers will be spending in free agency next year, as they already rank 20th in cap space league-wide going into 2024, without accounting for potential cap relief in the form of the team moving on from outside linebacker Preston Smith, running back Aaron Jones or left tackle David Bakhtiari and potential restructures to Kenny Clark and cornerback Jaire Alexander. Any significant spending in free agency would offset a compensatory pick the team would receive for Nijman signing elsewhere next offseason as an unrestricted free agent, just another reason to get something back for Nijman via a 2023 trade.

Article came out before the Seahawks game with Walker getting another start with the 1st team. Before preseason I would have said absolutely not to trading Nijman since swing OTs don't grow on trees and Bakhs gimpy knee. But with Walkers ascent, I'm a little more open to the idea of moving on with Jones being kept around. The only thing that stops me from being 100% on this is Myers shitting the bed, ZT moving to C and Bakh missing time meaning either Jones gets put into the line up (not sure if he's quite there yet) or Jenkins gets bumped to LT with someone like Rhyan coming off the bench.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
TheKanataThrilla
8 months ago
How much do we realistically think we could get for Nijman?

I am more for looking at what we can get for Bakh as he is a known league commodity. I am concerned of his knee. Everyone knows we are most likely cutting him after this season. Would rather get either a pick or Safety help that can move forward with the team. My fear is he ends up on IR early in the season and we get nothing for him.
beast
8 months ago

How much do we realistically think we could get for Nijman?

I am more for looking at what we can get for Bakh as he is a known league commodity. I am concerned of his knee. Everyone knows we are most likely cutting him after this season. Would rather get either a pick or Safety help that can move forward with the team. My fear is he ends up on IR early in the season and we get nothing for him.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Bullshit! Complete Bullshit! If everyone knows you are releasing someone, then they aren't worth shit, and you wouldn't be looking forward to what you could get for him. Also Gute wouldn't say there is no way they're trading him right now. Might of closed the door mostly, but still left the door cracked to tease other GM at the potential possibilities if they offered enough. But no he closed that door.

Bakhtiari proved last year he's still a top 5 pass protector, and probably top 3 if you only look at the last half after knocking off the early rust.

As for how much we could realistically get for Nijman, I would guess less than a 5th round pick (as the Cardinals got a 5th for a 7th and a highly drafted, I believe younger and higher PFF graded OT).

I would also add to the fact, that while agree it seems Walker has passed Nijman, that might not nessarily be the case. As maybe the Packers are concerned that Tom will have to go to Center, and Nijman will be the part time starter at RT, while Walker will be the full time backup at LT. Or maybe he just passed him. It really depends on the offer and what the coaches the other options they got.

Normally, I'd think a 5th round pick probably isn't worth it ... but seeing what Gute has done in recent years with a few late picks

2023: 5th QB Clifford
2023: 7th CB Valentine
2022: 5th OLB Engebare
2022: 7th OT Walker (if he has stepped up)
2021: 5th NT Slaton
2021: 6th ILB McDuffie
2020: 6th OG Runyan

Maybe it would be worth it. Especially if Nijman has declined, as I have wondered if he has, or at the very least not improved at all.

UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
8 months ago

Bullshit! Complete Bullshit! If everyone knows you are releasing someone, then they aren't worth shit, and you wouldn't be looking forward to what you could get for him. Also Gute wouldn't say there is no way they're trading him right now. Might of closed the door mostly, but still left the door cracked to tease other GM at the potential possibilities if they offered enough. But no he closed that door.

Bakhtiari proved last year he's still a top 5 pass protector, and probably top 3 if you only look at the last half after knocking off the early rust.

Originally Posted by: beast 

He is definitely worth something to anyone this year who is all-in as we are covering much of his salary cap. With his salary cap situation for next year there is no way in hell we can afford him above and beyond what we will be paying towards his dead cap.
beast
8 months ago

He is definitely worth something to anyone this year who is all-in as we are covering much of his salary cap. With his salary cap situation for next year there is no way in hell we can afford him above and beyond what we will be paying towards his dead cap.

More complete bullshit!

They said Gute couldn't afford to keep going all in and he continued to do so for multiple more years.

Just because YOU don't want something, does not mean they can't easily do it. A simple extendation to one of multiple players would easily solve the issue.

Also, if Bakhtiari has value, as you claim, then why in the hell would they simply release him? Shouldn't they be able to trade him for a 7th round pick or a STer at the very least?

So no, not everyone believes the crap that they have to release him next year.

UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
8 months ago

More complete bullshit!

They said Gute couldn't afford to keep going all in and he continued to do so for multiple more years.

Just because YOU don't want something, does not mean they can't easily do it. A simple extendation to one of multiple players would easily solve the issue.

Also, if Bakhtiari has value, as you claim, then why in the hell would they simply release him? Shouldn't they be able to trade him for a 7th round pick or a STer at the very least?

So no, not everyone believes the crap that they have to release him next year.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Wow...who has been drinking their asshole juice this morning.

I recognize one can do all the things that you claim...but it would make no fucking sense and everyone in the world sees that...but apparently you.

YOU are posting YOUR opinion of the situation the same as I am...and acting like a complete douche in the process.

We are undergoing a youth movement with a need to correct our salary cap an not push any can down the road.

Whatever Gute does will be what happens, but like not moving Aaron earlier I PERSONALLY feel it'll be a day late and dollar short. Everyone plays GM for their team. We'll see when the season is over what shakes out.
beast
8 months ago

Wow...who has been drinking their asshole juice this morning.

I recognize one can do all the things that you claim...but it would make no fucking sense and everyone in the world sees that...but apparently you.

YOU are posting YOUR opinion of the situation the same as I am...and acting like a complete douche in the process.

We are undergoing a youth movement with a need to correct our salary cap an not push any can down the road.

Whatever Gute does will be what happens, but like not moving Aaron earlier I PERSONALLY feel it'll be a day late and dollar short. Everyone plays GM for their team. We'll see when the season is over what shakes out.

You are talking out of both sides of your ass... claiming Bakhtiari is worth a lot this year, but he's worth nothing next year and therefore he'll HAVE to be released. Which is an opinion.

But then your stupidity added added everyone knows it, that's not an opinion. That's manipulation, a false argument and total bullshit lie.

I'm not going after you for your opinion, I'm going after you for your bullshit lying.

The fact is, Bakhtiari is worth a good bit today in trade value, he MIGHT be worth keeping around next year, he also MIGHT be worth trading next year....

Your lying viewpoint of it needs to happen now or we'll get nothing next year as we'll have to release him is just bullshit. Especially falsely attempting to claim everyone knows it... when it's clearly not true to start with.

It's like saying, we better trade Jordan Love this year, because next year he'll be worth nothing. That's an opinion, probably a bad opinion. But then to say, everyone knows it, no that's just a fucking lie.

And yeah, I might be an asshole and douche, but I'm just returning the shit you're trying to serve us, which is a pile of crap.

Again, if you think Bakhtiari is going to get injured, or be worth nothing next year, I got absolutely no issue with that.

But you tried to suggest he's worth a good bit now, and automatically will be worth absolutely nothing next year, and on top of that, everyone knows it.... no, that's just a false argument, not even an opinion. That's just fallacy bullshit, manipulation to get others to agree with the crap.

UserPostedImage
beast
8 months ago
Now back on topic and off the false fallacy crap.

It'll be extremely interesting to see what the Packers do with a number of the spots. And it probably largely depends on what others offer, if anything. As the 49ers were supposedly strongly thinking about keeping their 3rd QB, until the Cowboys surprised them with a 4th rounder which was a lot higher value than anyone else was offering.

I'm guessing not much will be offered for the Packers OL, but maybe we get get a 5th or 6th for Nijman or conditional 7th for Newman.

Seems like RBs and Safeties have a ton of supply on the market making their demand go down. Some starting Centers have gone down, so their demand might be up.

Seems like half talented QBs, OTs, CBs, Edge Rushers are always in some demand.

But if Nijman can't beat out Walker, then is he just a backup all around the league?

UserPostedImage
8 months ago
If we could return to a modicum of mutual respect, it would be appreciated.

Re Nijman, I do not think you are likely to get much, especially at his number of $4.3mm. He has had plenty of time to develop and could not win the RT position when it was wide open. At this point, I think someone is doing you a favor taking his salary off our books.

I am not going to criticize Gute here. Given Bakhtiari's injury situation and the fact the Walker had not yet show the promise he has this year. that made keep Nijman somewhat of a priority. It does not appear to me that it is now.

We are not the only team who has projects on their roster. The question is, 'Is Nijman at $4.3mm worth the risk to another team who is likely playing a much smaller amount to their own project."
Go Packers!!!!
Zero2Cool
8 months ago
If we all only had one thing in common like rooting for the same franchise. Maybe we could communicate civily to one another. We can only dream. 🤷
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

19-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

19-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.