Zero2Cool
11 months ago

The 2022 season was a disaster for the Denver Broncos. They made a huge splash acquiring Russell Wilson from the Seattle Seahawks during the offseason that just didn’t pan out. Things went so poorly that Nathaniel Hackett was fired as head coach after one season on the job.

This offseason, Denver made another splash, acquiring head coach Sean Payton from the New Orleans Saints. There is optimism that Payton can help turn around an offense that was among the worst in the NFL last season despite not lacking talent.

That disastrous season could have been avoided had the trade the Broncos thought they had completed gone through. According to a former NFL executive that spoke to NFL Analysis Network, Denver nearly acquired Aaron Rodgers from the Green Bay Packers last offseason before pivoting to a deal for Wilson.

“The Broncos almost had a trade completed with the Packers for Aaron Rodgers before it fell through last-minute. Green Bay opted to run it back for one more season with Rodgers. The deal would have included three first-round picks, Drew Lock, and Jerry Jeudy. Denver pivoted to acquire Russell Wilson with a slightly lesser trade package.”

This is something many people hypothesized had occurred. Selecting Hackett to become their next head coach felt like a move aimed at making the transition for Rodgers an easy one; Hackett had just overseen two MVP seasons for Rodgers as the Packers’ offensive coordinator. There was also the chance that Davante Adams would have eventually joined up with him in Denver as well.

The price to get that done was steep, as three first-round picks, Lock and Jeudy, are a lot of assets to surrender. Wilson cost five draft picks and three players, but only two first-round picks were included. But, it would be hard to envision Rodgers having as poor of a season as Wilson did under Hackett.

That is a deal Green Bay likely regrets just as much not signing off on. They missed the playoffs in what turned out to be Rodgers’ final season with the team, as he was traded to the New York Jets a few weeks ago.

Alas, hindsight is 20/20. The Seahawks ended up being the biggest winners in this ordeal, as they are in the best position to compete as soon as possible compared to the Broncos and Packers, who have some hurdles to overcome.

https://www.nflanalysis.net/broncos-nearly-acquired-aaron-rodgers-before-russell-wilson-trade/ 

We haven't had an Aaron Rodgers / Packers topic in a few days, so here we go. Meeting that quota.

Anyhow, I think a lot of fans were pretty much OK with the rumored several 1st round picks plus WR Jerry Jeudy at the time. I can't remember too many saying hell no.
UserPostedImage
beast
11 months ago
The Broncos certainly gave up more than the Jets did and would of been a better year. And Love would have gotten actually playing time.

Though, would we have gotten out QB coach back? He came back for Rodgers and QBs just seem to get better under him.

But, I still think they should of benched Rodgers while his thumb healed and gotten Love some more reps last year.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 months ago

The Broncos certainly gave up more than the Jets did and would of been a better year. And Love would have gotten actually playing time.

Though, would we have gotten out QB coach back? He came back for Rodgers and QBs just seem to get better under him.

But, I still think they should of benched Rodgers while his thumb healed and gotten Love some more reps last year.

Originally Posted by: beast 

There were times I wondered if the Packers felt it was likely Aaron Rodgers was going to retire after 2022 season and wanted to "honor" him in away by letting him play it out. The thumb happened Week 5, right? So you figure it takes probably 4-5 weeks for it to heal. Comes back vs Detroit? maybe @Buffalo a week earlier?  I guess in hindsight it's easy for me to say start Jordan Love because we lost all those games, haha. I was fine with Rodgers starting though. I can't recall his throws being worse after Week 5 than they were before Week 5. Which feels preposterous to say about a QB who is right handed with a broken bone in his right thumb.

The Packers weren't really doing that great with Rodgers before the thumb. Nice point margin win over Bears, but barely beating weak Buccaneers and a DC playing OC for Patriots in OT?
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
11 months ago
Damn....what a miss our front office made not pulling the trigger there
beast
11 months ago
I think there was some article which sounded like it was suggesting that some in the Packers front office were nervous about letting go of a two-time current MVP, especially when they didn't think or at least weren't sure Love was ready. 

And I think fans would of gone back to the post Favre rage, if we got rid of reigning MVP Rodgers and Love looked horrible.

Also, I believe an article posted on here, Rodger's agent told Murphy to get rid of Gute and sounded like Murphy was telling others to get Rodgers new deal done.

So I don't think we kept Rodgers to honor Rodgers, I think we kept Rodgers because it was the safest route for management... maybe specifically Mark Murphy, whom is trying to wrap up his career and ride into the sunset. He doesn't want a major conflict nor major controversy, as he finishes his career.

Speaking of which, I think the cities with interest to host the draft is getting pretty low, giving the Packers a chance, but also interesting the Murphy finally got the draft just four months before he retires. Wonder if that might be partly a retirement gift from Goodell.

Someone whom knows a hotel owner in the GB area, said the NFL mandates that a large majority of the hotels rooms will go to the NFL at a reduced, reduced (x2 or 3) of standard rate. He made it sound like they would be mainly making money on 10% of their rooms.

Some of y'all in the Green Bay area could probably make a lot of money by making your place into an Air B&B for the weekend. Or renting out an RV or something.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 months ago

So I don't think we kept Rodgers to honor Rodgers, I think we kept Rodgers because it was the safest route for management... maybe specifically Mark Murphy, whom is trying to wrap up his career and ride into the sunset. He doesn't want a major conflict nor major controversy, as he finishes his career.

What is this in response to? I know I mentioned something about there being times I wondered if the Packers were trying to "honor" Rodgers by letting him play through the thumb injury during 2022 while also assuming it was his final year in the NFL. 

Your remark about retaining Rodgers as the safer option is exactly what I opined on a Bears forum earlier this morning. I also said that I felt the push came from Mark Murphy to keep Rodgers.
UserPostedImage
beast
11 months ago

What is this in response to? I know I mentioned something about there being times I wondered if the Packers were trying to "honor" Rodgers by letting him play through the thumb injury during 2022 while also assuming it was his final year in the NFL. 

Your remark about retaining Rodgers as the safer option is exactly what I opined on a Bears forum earlier this morning. I also said that I felt the push came from Mark Murphy to keep Rodgers.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Response to what you said. Also we probably both this Murphy had a strong hand in it, as I think there was an article you posted where it sounded like Murphy told them to get Rodgers new contract done.
UserPostedImage
beast
11 months ago

Speaking of Rodgers in Denver, he apparently is speaking at a psychedelic conference in Denver. 

Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers is among the speakers at this week’s Psychedelic Science conference in Denver. 

Billed as “the largest psychedelic conference in history,” the conference advocates for the therapeutic use of psychedelics, which some experts say can be beneficial in mental health treatment.

Rodgers is speaking about his experience with ayahuasca, which he said last year that he had used and benefited from. The NFL and NFL Players Association are in agreement that nothing in the league’s policies prevents players from using ayahuasca. 

Although federal law bans psychedelics, their potential for treating PTSD in veterans has found support from an unlikely alliance of members of Congress, including Democrat Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Republican Matt Gaetz. Both Colorado and Oregon have recently decriminalized the use of psychedelic mushrooms.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 months ago

Response to what you said.

Okay, then your response makes zero sense. I was pretty clear about what I was saying. You somehow took that and disagreed with something I wasn't even suggesting, lol. 

Speaking of Rodgers in Denver, he apparently is speaking at a psychedelic conference in Denver. 

As long as he doesn't get suspended and screw up the 65% snap count, do whatever bruh! 😁
UserPostedImage
11 months ago
From the article

Alas, hindsight is 20/20. The Seahawks ended up being the biggest winners in this ordeal, as they are in the best position to compete as soon as possible compared to the Broncos and Packers, who have some hurdles to overcome.

Yup.   And if Rodgers does not break a thumb and Watson catches that first pass and Bakh was healthy...and...and...
Go Packers!!!!
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4h) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4h) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4h) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.