dyeah_gb
a year ago
If there was a team willing to give three firsts for Rodgers during the offseason and Gute decided to extend him instead, he needs to be fired andcwalked out of the building. He probably thought it was the no risk move but that has blown up in his face. Pack could of had the same record right now under Love and I would be okay because the team would have been clearly rebuilding. Instead the team completely sucks and hasnt even started the rebuild. That it is his fault.

This is not a hindsight thing. Look at the posts during the offseason and you will see plenty of us knew it was obvious to take that deal if it was actually offered.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
go.pack.go.
a year ago
I don’t know if he needs to be fired yet, but he needs to be held accountable for some poor decisions. The most glaring weakness on this team (WR) has been ignored all offseason, and even up to the trade deadline. Sure he picked up Watkins, but it’s obvious that he sucks. Not good enough.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago

If there was a team willing to give three firsts for Rodgers during the offseason and Gute decided to extend him instead, he needs to be fired andcwalked out of the building. He probably thought it was the no risk move but that has blown up in his face. Pack could of had the same record right now under Love and I would be okay because the team would have been clearly rebuilding. Instead the team completely sucks and hasnt even started the rebuild. That it is his fault.

This is not a hindsight thing. Look at the posts during the offseason and you will see plenty of us knew it was obvious to take that deal if it was actually offered.

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

Maybe that's what it is. Because of that deal, they want Aaron to retire. I suppose they could still trade him in the offseason.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dhazer
a year ago

I don’t know if he needs to be fired yet, but he needs to be held accountable for some poor decisions. The most glaring weakness on this team (WR) has been ignored all offseason, and even up to the trade deadline. Sure he picked up Watkins, but it’s obvious that he sucks. Not good enough.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

I am so confused are you one of those trolls or what? Last time I checked they drafted 3 wide receivers this offseason. They tried to trade for Darren Waller twice, tried to trade for Juedy and Claypool along with Hockenson. But I guess that is his fault noone would dance with him. Just like it's his fault OBJ chose the Rams over the Packers.

And about the Rodgers trade it came out that Rodgers was the backup plan for the Broncos as they wanted the younger player. So just think we could be worse off and be like Denver in cap hell (as we are) but also gave up a ton of picks to do it lol.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
a year ago

I am so confused are you one of those trolls or what? Last time I checked they drafted 3 wide receivers this offseason. They tried to trade for Darren Waller twice, tried to trade for Juedy and Claypool along with Hockenson. But I guess that is his fault noone would dance with him. Just like it's his fault OBJ chose the Rams over the Packers.

And about the Rodgers trade it came out that Rodgers was the backup plan for the Broncos as they wanted the younger player. So just think we could be worse off and be like Denver in cap hell (as we are) but also gave up a ton of picks to do it lol.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Drafted 3 receivers, yes. A 2nd rounder (who can’t stay healthy), a 4th rounder, and a 7th rounder. To assume any of these guys would come in and be a #1 receiver is ridiculous. To assume Watkins would be a #1 is even more absurd, and they should’ve known Lazard is not a #1. So they knew going into this year that we had no #1.

Yeah they made some calls, but they didn’t offer enough for any of those guys obviously. Just calling isn’t enough.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago

Drafted 3 receivers, yes. A 2nd rounder (who can’t stay healthy), a 4th rounder, and a 7th rounder. To assume any of these guys would come in and be a #1 receiver is ridiculous. To assume Watkins would be a #1 is even more absurd, and they should’ve known Lazard is not a #1. So they knew going into this year that we had no #1.

Yeah they made some calls, but they didn’t offer enough for any of those guys obviously. Just calling isn’t enough.

On the other hand, maybe they are done catering to Aaron Rodgers.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
go.pack.go.
a year ago

On the other hand, maybe they are done catering to Aaron Rodgers.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Why sign him to a big contract and then decide they’re done with him?
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago

Why sign him to a big contract and then decide they’re done with him?

Because Love wasn't ready, and Aaron was creating drama to extort the team.
beast
a year ago
Damn Packers fans are some bitches... three great and amazing seasons and then one bad season and they're crying like babies... just one bad season...

Also, it would be smarter to compare the Russell Wilson trade, than three first picks.

And if anyone needs to be fired, it's the play callers ... Barry absolutely sucks at adjusting and while it's not being talked about, apparently LaFleur and Rodgers can't force themselves to consistently run the ball even though the passing game is clearly rebuilding right now ...

Packers probably would of won some of these games if they didn't forget about the basics like running the ball....

And just this game... Packers failed at a two pointer, failed to kick a FG, and were in FG range at the end of the game but needed a TD because they failed to get those earlier points... play calling along left three kicks (2 FG and 1 PAT) which would be 7 points... and they lost by six, so that's the game...

It really is little things like that adding up that are killing the Packers, which are not Gutes fault, unless you think he should of fired LaFleur after winning 13 games three straight years in a row....

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago

Damn Packers fans are some bitches... three great and amazing seasons and then one bad season and they're crying like babies... just one bad season...

Also, it would be smarter to compare the Russell Wilson trade, than three first picks.

And if anyone needs to be fired, it's the play callers ... Barry absolutely sucks at adjusting and while it's not being talked about, apparently LaFleur and Rodgers can't force themselves to consistently run the ball even though the passing game is clearly rebuilding right now ...

Packers probably would of won some of these games if they didn't forget about the basics like running the ball....

And just this game... Packers failed at a two pointer, failed to kick a FG, and were in FG range at the end of the game but needed a TD because they failed to get those earlier points... play calling along left three kicks (2 FG and 1 PAT) which would be 7 points... and they lost by six, so that's the game...

It really is little things like that adding up that are killing the Packers, which are not Gutes fault, unless you think he should of fired LaFleur after winning 13 games three straight years in a row....

Originally Posted by: beast 

Sick of going for it on 4th down. Thats TWO of these games we lost that we would have won if we had taken the 3 points. Not difficult.

Not sure Aaron wants to win anyway. He looked good throwing the ball today, made it all the way down and then missed the throwing lane so bad he clanked it off a dude's helmet? Really?

Look like old school Aaron, until it's time to score. I'm not buying that. Thete's no way we lost this game legitimately. Way too many opportunities. We had to go out of our way to lose this.

Front office is tanking on Aaron, Aaron is tanking on the team. We need someone with balls like Ted Thompson.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (18h) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.