Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers says that he’ll “figure things out in a couple weeks.” While that’s a refreshing turn from buzzwords like “beautiful mystery” and non-answers like “we’ll see,” the timeline makes little sense.

In a couple of weeks, he’s due to report for training camp. So will he figure things out the day before the start of a five-month commitment? How will he not know — how does he not already know — what he plans to do? He’s had six months to “figure things out” about his future playing career. At this point, he shouldn’t need two more weeks.

There’s a chance, of course, that he figured things out long ago, and that Sunday’s comment represents the latest step in the effort to drag out the story. Which continues to place pressure on the Green Bay front office. Which continues to keep the fans caught in the crossfire.

If you see the video of Rodgers’ remarks, it’s obvious that he enjoys this game. That further suggests he knows exactly what he’s going to do. So why can’t he, why won’t he, just let his plans be known? The fact that he won’t reinforces the notion that his plan is more like a strategy aimed at ultimately getting what he wants: a one-way ticket out of Green Bay.

Don’t be surprised if he makes no broad announcement before July 27, the reporting date for camp. Don’t be surprised if he just doesn’t show up for camp, one day after another until he does (or doesn’t). The nonchalance with which he skipped mandatory minicamp could happen again with training camp. He just won’t show up, with no statement or fanfare or anything.

At one point, I assumed he’d show up for camp and chastise those of us who made it a big deal. I now wonder whether he’ll just continue to act like none of this is a big deal, that he’ll be there when he’s there and if he’s not there, he’s not there. He’s far more calculating than that, and it feels like he’s intentionally coming off as someone who has no intentions whatsoever, and that he has no intention to develop any.

Whatever happens next, Packers shareholders gather in two weeks. The next day, the players report. The Rodgers story will last at least until then, and probably longer. Probably a lot longer. Probably in part because, deep down, he likes it that way.

Continue Reading @ Mike Florio 

Mike Florio wrote:

I know, I know, I am going to regret yet another Aaron Rodgers topic. I saw the opening paragraphs and I mean if you can't understand what is going on, you're not wanting to see it. The highlighted snippet tells us everything. One of the people Rodgers has opening admitted his disdain for acknowledges Rodgers already knows what is going to happen. Yet, it won't stop that website from procuring story after story after storing trying to mine us for clicks and attention.

THE CYCLE NEVER FREAKING ENDS! Even the douche bags KNOW what they are doing, tell US what they are doing and yet it still manipulates people into slandering ones character.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
This is an example of why I think it would have been good for Aaron Rodgers to say something publicly to squash it, at least in the public eye. When it starts trickling to your teammates having to answer for your absence, you're being a douche. I know the media will twist everything around, but at least when players are asked, they can refer to his public comments and say next question.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago

This is an example of why I think it would have been good for Aaron Rodgers to say something publicly to squash it, at least in the public eye. When it starts trickling to your teammates having to answer for your absence, you're being a douche. I know the media will twist everything around, but at least when players are asked, they can refer to his public comments and say next question.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I agree. He knows that his teammates are constantly asked about him, which puts them in a difficult situation.
He should just come out and say what he intends to do. That would shut up all the media whores.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

I agree. He knows that his teammates are constantly asked about him, which puts them in a difficult situation.
He should just come out and say what he intends to do. That would shut up all the media whores.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

It won't shut the media up at all. It will provide his teammates an easy out from speaking on it though. They just say "he came out and said everything is fine, so that's where I'm at, next question". I suppose that could be said now too though. I dunno. If the Packers weren't so popular, this stuff wouldn't be even on the radar. Victims of our own awesome.

Edit, I think the media is getting exhausted from this too, lol.

UserPostedImage
dfosterf
2 years ago
I went back and read Tyler Dunne's "smear piece" on Rodgers, Mike McCarthy, Ted Thompson and the Packers. "What happened in Green Bay?" I'm not linking it, and I know many dismissed it out of hand, but imo, there is probably a lot of truth in that article.
Cheesey
2 years ago
I don’t know what Dunne said, so I don’t know what to make of it.
Hopefully in the next week or so we will know the results of this stupid soap opera.
I doubt we will ever know the truth of what the REAL problem was, other then “it’s about the people”, which still doesn’t say anything. Just “Californy” speak for “I have a bug up my @$$”.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
LoL, Country Club was on auto renew.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
This is going to be busted all over the place, so here you go because who retweets things matters bunches. 🤦‍♂️

That being said, I do agree with what he said in this clip.

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago
How is he “not respected?”
Because the FO is looking to the future, so when Rodgers can no longer play at a high level, which most likely won’t be that far in the future, that the TEAM is prepared to still be able to compete?
They offered him a boatload if money. Said to EVERYONE that Rodgers is still the guy?

Is it that they didn’t let him be the GM? Which of course isn’t what he’s paid to be.
Why did it take him having a bug up his butt last season to get him to play up to his potential?
I don’t get it.
I’m just frustrated with the whole thing.
I just don’t know how it can ever be healed. Rodgers is too stubborn. He can’t even get along with his own family.
Some day he will regret that.
Most likely, by then it will be too late.
Sadly.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

How is he “not respected?”
Because the FO is looking to the future, so when Rodgers can no longer play at a high level, which most likely won’t be that far in the future, that the TEAM is prepared to still be able to compete?
They offered him a boatload if money. Said to EVERYONE that Rodgers is still the guy?

Is it that they didn’t let him be the GM? Which of course isn’t what he’s paid to be.
Why did it take him having a bug up his butt last season to get him to play up to his potential?
I don’t get it.
I’m just frustrated with the whole thing.
I just don’t know how it can ever be healed. Rodgers is too stubborn. He can’t even get along with his own family.
Some day he will regret that.
Most likely, by then it will be too late.
Sadly.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I agree what what was said because I get the impression Aaron Rodgers feels he's earned a seat at the table when decisions are made. Not to MAKE the decisions, but to be APART of them. I've heard a few people (even some who Rodgers openly says he likes in the media) saying enough is enough, suit up and play. The problem here is Rodgers feels disrespected (I'm speculating) and he's like an elephant, he doesn't forget and I think he's petty too. This is why I agree with what was said in the clip as to what the problem is. I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm saying I agree that it's probably the root of issue.

It should also be noted that Aaron has went out of his way to not talk about this and I believe that is because he didn't want it public. He wanted it resolved behind the scenes. I'm willing to bet his agent or someone close to the Packers had loose lips and that is also something that doesn't sit well with Aaron. We all know he's a very private individual.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (22m) : No.
Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (3h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (7h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (17h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.