beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
2 years ago
Short version, nothing official but sounds the NFL MIGHT be keeping their GREAT 2021 IR rules!

~ 3 week IR minimums
~ Unlimited team IR returns (one per person per year though)

This NEEDS to be kept!

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago
In general I like the change. Then there's the Billecheats of the world who figure out how to take advantage of the rules.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

In general I like the change. Then there's the Billecheats of the world who figure out how to take advantage of the rules.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Pushing the limits of the rules is not cheating, it's being smart and putting your team in position to win.

As for the Injury Reserve rules, I'm glad they will continue. I thought it was good.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
2 years ago
I think some teams (maybe even Packers, I'm thinking St. Brown) put players on the short term IR (3 weeks) when they had like a one week injury...

While I don't think that's supposed to be allowed (as it gives a team an extra roster spot and hide a player), if lots of the teams are doing it, then there isn't really a competitive advantage, players get paid and more chances to come off the PS and play.

Everyone wins... other than a player that is healthy and misses games, but IR is better than being released.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago

Pushing the limits of the rules is not cheating, it's being smart and putting your team in position to win.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Pushing the boundaries of the rules is one thing Bill bent them back till they snapped.

In 2015, ESPN reported that the New England Patriots had long had a reputation in the NFL for cheating. A former member of the NFL competition committee told ESPN that from 2001-2006, the committee spent much time "discussing ways in which the Patriots cheated."

The biggest cheating scandal was "Spygate," in which the Patriots filmed opponents' offensive and defensive play signals to study them. The Patriots would recognize signs during the games and relay them through headsets.

Though the Patriots had long been accused of filming opponents' signals, the scheme truly came to the surface when the New York Jets caught them in the act. Then-Jets head coach Eric Mangini, a former Patriots coach, knew of the scheme and told security to be on alert. The NFL investigated the Patriots, eventually destroying tapes the Patriots had of opponents' signals. The Patriots were docked a first-round pick and fined $250,000. Belichick was fined $500,000. He later said he misinterpreted the rules.

The next biggest scandal was "Deflategate," in which the Patriots were accused of deflating footballs before the 2014 AFC Championship. The Indianapolis Colts discovered the Patriots balls were below the legal PSI limit. The scandal included damning texts between Patriots employees about handling the balls, Tom Brady destroying his cell phone before handing it to NFL investigators, and a seemingly never-ending court battle. It eventually ended with Brady serving a four-game suspension, the Patriots being fined $1 million, and losing a first- and fourth-round draft pick.

According to ESPN, former Patriots staffers would admit to some methods of cheating during the Spygate years. For instance, they would steal play sheets from the opponents' locker room. The practice became so widely known that opponents started putting fake play sheets out.

Opponents also said their headsets would get scrambled when they played at Gillette Stadium. One of the more recent accusations came from Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin, who said in 2015, the Steelers headsets were tuned to a local radio station. According to NFL rules, when one team's headsets fail, the other team is supposed to abandon using theirs. Just as the Patriots were going to be told to stop using theirs, the Steelers headsets began working again. "That's always the case [at Gillette Stadium]", Tomlin said.

There were "regular rumors" that the Patriots filmed the Rams walk-through for the 2001 Super Bowl, which the Patriots won in an upset.

Business Insider 

Late Dolphins legend Don Shula never hid his disdain for Patriots head coach Bill Belichick. Going back years, Shula had publicly referred to Belichick as “Beli-cheat,” referencing the various scandals New England has been involved in over the last 20 years.

link 

You can say it's a competitive advantage. I say he is looking for ways to cheat and see if the league will do anything about it or not. There is cheating, getting caught and getting punished. They are not the same thing. Bill is willing to try the first, accept the second under the theory that he won't get the third one often enough to not make it worth his while.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago
What’s a million dollar fine, or loss of a future draft pick versus winning some Super Bowls?
If they really wanted to stop the cheater, the ONLY way would be to strip the Super Bowl win and give it to the team that lost to the cheater.
You think Mr. Kraft gives a damn about the his team cheating when he looks at all his shiny Super Bowl trophies?
As a kid I was taught that “cheaters never win”. The Patriots proved that wrong.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Pushing the boundaries of the rules is one thing Bill bent them back till they snapped.

Business Insider 

link 

You can say it's a competitive advantage. I say he is looking for ways to cheat and see if the league will do anything about it or not. There is cheating, getting caught and getting punished. They are not the same thing. Bill is willing to try the first, accept the second under the theory that he won't get the third one often enough to not make it worth his while.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Years ago I disapproved these cheating allegations. People only bitched when a team that was winning was caught. Falcons, Vikings, etc did far worse things and no one says squat. Why? Because they are the suck.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago

Years ago I disapproved these cheating allegations. People only bitched when a team that was winning was caught. Falcons, Vikings, etc did far worse things and no one says squat. Why? Because they are the suck.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Well......it just proved that the Vikings not only sucked at football, but sucked at cheating as well!🤪😂
Maybe had they not cheated, maybe they would have actually won something.😁
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (3h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (3h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (3h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (3h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (3h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (5h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (6h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (10h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (10h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.