Zero2Cool
3 years ago
This is Tyler Dunne with Jace Sternberger. Give this a listen and post your thoughts. I thought this was quite interesting.

After listening to that, read this.

MVS detailed the setup in Green Bay perfectly. He says there are “two playbooks” in Green Bay, the one LaFleur employs and the one Rodgers employs.

“There are times (Rodgers) may say, ‘That might not work’ or ‘We’re going to go no-huddle, I’m going to call the plays,’” Valdes-Scantling said in our convo down in Florida. “Those are things that happen. You’ve got to be able to do that. It’s not super simplistic where some coaches say, ‘This is the play. Run that play.’ And if it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work. There are teams like that. There are quarterbacks like that who say, ‘I’m going to call whatever’s called.’ … That’s the balance they’ve done a great job of creating. There are times he lets Aaron do his thing. And there are times where Aaron lets Matt call the plays.”

UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago
Not meant to be disrespectful, but for some reason Jace just hasn't impressed me in Interviews (which means absolutely nothing... as I've known a few guys that didn't seem smart, but you start picking their knowledge and they know more than most around them).

With the TEs being asked to be the most versatile role in most schemes, then this scheme asking more than verstility than some other schemes, and two different play books, those TEs gotta be very smart on their feet or in the system a good long while.

I'm excited this year for the slot role though... since this system came in, I've said the system makes stars of the large slot role... and now we have Tonyan as a game manager, makes very few mistakes. Dugara whom shined as a GREAT move blocker last year before his injury. WR Rodgers, whom doesn't have the height but very verstilite and seems quite polished with his routes. Plus others like Lewis, Sternberger and St. Brown whom should basically be done developing abouts... plus the FB type in Daffney.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
3 years ago

Not meant to be disrespectful, but for some reason Jace just hasn't impressed me in Interviews (which means absolutely nothing... as I've known a few guys that didn't seem smart, but you start picking their knowledge and they know more than most around them).

With the TEs being asked to be the most versatile role in most schemes, then this scheme asking more than verstility than some other schemes, and two different play books, those TEs gotta be very smart on their feet or in the system a good long while.

I'm excited this year for the slot role though... since this system came in, I've said the system makes stars of the large slot role... and now we have Tonyan as a game manager, makes very few mistakes. Dugara whom shined as a GREAT move blocker last year before his injury. WR Rodgers, whom doesn't have the height but very verstilite and seems quite polished with his routes. Plus others like Lewis, Sternberger and St. Brown whom should basically be done developing abouts... plus the FB type in Daffney.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Love Daffney, he was awesome.

Kind of Looking at Lazzard as a passcatching TE now too. Especially with his blocking.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
3 years ago
I have to ask....who is the kid in the video? It seems he had things to say, but never got it out.
Anyway, I think Rodgers has earned the right to change plays. He’s had a lot of expierience over the years, and can see by the defense if a play called might not work. I wouldn’t give that freedom to a newbie QB, but to a guy who has been around, yes.
Bart Starr called his plays. And many other QBs have also.
I wouldn’t let him change calls all the time, but let him know he has a certain amount of freedom.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

I have to ask....who is the kid in the video? It seems he had things to say, but never got it out.
Anyway, I think Rodgers has earned the right to change plays. He’s had a lot of expierience over the years, and can see by the defense if a play called might not work. I wouldn’t give that freedom to a newbie QB, but to a guy who has been around, yes.
Bart Starr called his plays. And many other QBs have also.
I wouldn’t let him change calls all the time, but let him know he has a certain amount of freedom.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I think he's Tyler's son.

What I've taken away from Packers players talking about Aaron Rodgers is it feels like they are playing very uptight. Meaning, they are hoping to not make a mistake and get the ire of their QB rather than playing fast and free. Marques Valdes-Scantling has said things and this stuff from Jace are added to that thinking.
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago

I think he's Tyler's son.

What I've taken away from Packers players talking about Aaron Rodgers is it feels like they are playing very uptight. Meaning, they are hoping to not make a mistake and get the ire of their QB rather than playing fast and free. Marques Valdes-Scantling has said things and this stuff from Jace are added to that thinking.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Yeah but Jace also said Rodgers was pretty understanding with SOME of that stuff... (I believe) when talking about calling an audible from before you were on the team.

So it kind of depends how reasonable it is (which is an opinion), but I think Rodgers has shown his memory is better/longer lasting than a lot of peoples. But was the mistake reasonable one or not?

It's like Finley complaints about Rodgers (if I can remember this correctly) Finley has expressed complaints that Rodgers wants you to do things correctly in practice. Well... YEAH! That's kind of expected... though maybe Finley soft served it and it's deeper than that?

But we're seen Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers and Kurt Warner totally rip WRs on game day and basically sounds like they do the same thing in practice. They keep the teammates accountable (in their minds) and I believe it was said Micheal Jordan and Kobe Bryant as well... they'd expect you to work extremely hard in practice and if you didn't they'd purposely annoy the hell out of you.

Here is Pat McAfee talking about Peyton keeping players accountable. And other times he's talked about this, and said he loved it, how Peyton would get on a guy, and followed up talking about Andrew Luck and suggesting Luck might have been too nice and not keeping teammate accountable enough.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
What Finley said I took more as him being a whiner. Everyone knows if you do it well in practice, you should get the opportunity when its go time.

When Aaron Rodgers gets at his OL or WR, the cameras are glued to him and narratives get massively exaggerated. I've seen numerous other QB's doing the same thing and it goes completely unmentioned by the commentators. Rodgers does it and it's talked about through the next play.

I do believe QB's need a connection with their WR's, no question about that.

I'm speaking on the nature of comments from WR's over the last several years. They give off a tone of playing in fear of upsetting their QB, not fear of disappointing the QB. When you don't want to upset the QB, you're being scared. When you don't want to disappoint your QB, you're giving it your all.

Sure, semantics, maybe, but I see a distinction when I hear things being said and that's how I read-into them.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
If the QB works his butt off in practice, I feel it’s not wrong for him to expect the same from the other players.
And if a WR messes up during a game, I find nothing wrong with the QB calling him out. That is, if he’s also willing to call HIMSELF out if he messes up!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Or so I thought I did. lol
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : I had Colts for few days to throw everyone off. At 11am or so, I changed it to Packers.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : You know if you didn't say anything you probably could have changed it and no one would have noticed ;)
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Vikings over the 49ers, Bucs over the Lions
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : lol awesome. my pick for Packers didn't go through. sweet
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Packers defense has 6 Takeaways in two games.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : nah
Martha Careful (15-Sep) : I think I've been booted out of the chat room
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jordan Love has his left leg wrapped in a sleeve as he stands on the sidelines during National Anthem.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jaire Alexander, Eric Wilson and Elgton Jenkins are the Packers’ team captains today against the Colts.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Looks like Sean Rhyan will start at right guard, based on the early warm-ups.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : No surprise, Love inactive
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Inactives: 10 QB Jordan Love 27 S Kitan Oladapo 57 DL Brenton Cox Jr. 73 T Andre Dillard 79 T Travis Glover 96 DL Colby Wooden
Martha Careful (14-Sep) : Wisconsin football stinks. OL good, Pauling good. all else MEH
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Jordan Love downgraded to doubtful for tomorrow's game
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Sean Clifford just got called up. No Love tomorrow. No shock either.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : I know it's probably to mess with the Colts but I'm just huffing copium honestly
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : So you're saying there's *a chance*?
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Packers officially listed QB Jordan Love (knee) as questionable for Sunday's game vs. the \Colts.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Confirmed concussion for Tua
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Yikes, possibly another concussion for Tua
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

16-Sep / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.