MintBaconDrivel
3 years ago

The addition of a 17th regular-season game in 2021 would provide a titanic matchup for the Green Bay Packers.
According to Peter King of NBC Sports, adding a 17th game next season is “highly likely,” and the new formula for determining each team’s 17th game would require the Packers to play the …

Continue Reading @ Zach Kruse 

Zach Kruse wrote:

Is the 17th Regular Season game official?
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago
Oh yay. I am so excited. /sarcasm off

In KC no less.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
3 years ago

Is the 17th Regular Season game official?

Originally Posted by: MintBaconDrivel 

Sounds like Goodell Ball. Anything for a gimmick. More football tho. 👍

They should give teams two bye weeks, and make the Thursday night games after one of them.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
No. Why do people want two BYE weeks? Don't you remember how stupid 1993 was with two BYE weeks? It prolongs the season without any merit. The players don't even want it. As AJ Hawk said, the extra six days off doesn't do shit. The players would rather their offseason start a week earlier.

And screw the Thursday night games. The NFL needs to stop saturating the game.

As for 17th game. I'm probably going to be checking out of the NFL soon. I liked it better when I was completely ignorant of the NFL operations and blatant greed. They don't even care who realizes the extent of greed. They change rules every single season in some shape or form. Why can't they stop changing shit? How many billions per year is enough? Greed is going to continue to destroy this game.

If it wasn't clear.
Fuck the 17th game.
Fuck a second BYE.
Fuck Thursday night games.
And FUCK changing the rules!

Thank you for your time. I'm here all week!!!!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago

No. Why do people want two BYE weeks? Don't you remember how stupid 1993 was with two BYE weeks? It prolongs the season without any merit. The players don't even want it. As AJ Hawk said, the extra six days off doesn't do shit. The players would rather their offseason start a week earlier.

And screw the Thursday night games. The NFL needs to stop saturating the game.

As for 17th game. I'm probably going to be checking out of the NFL soon. I liked it better when I was completely ignorant of the NFL operations and blatant greed. They don't even care who realizes the extent of greed. They change rules every single season in some shape or form. Why can't they stop changing shit? How many billions per year is enough? Greed is going to continue to destroy this game.

If it wasn't clear.
Fuck the 17th game.
Fuck a second BYE.
Fuck Thursday night games.
And FUCK changing the rules!

Thank you for your time. I'm here all week!!!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Boy.....some people here are SOOOO negative!😠😂😂

Sorry.....couldn’t resist!!!😁

I agree though. I don’t even like ONE bye week.
As I have said before, why not just give ALL teams off one week in the middle of the season? It would make things even. No advantage to any team.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Boy.....some people here are SOOOO negative!😠😂😂

Sorry.....couldn’t resist!!!😁

I agree though. I don’t even like ONE bye week.
As I have said before, why not just give ALL teams off one week in the middle of the season? It would make things even. No advantage to any team.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

When it comes to corporations and their "think Tanks" trying to extrapolate every and any penny while sacrificing the product ... yes, I am quite negative. As I said, I wish I would have remained ignorant to the operations. What's the saying??? Ignorance is bliss? I want my bliss back!!

In all honesty. It's not that it happens that bothers me. It's that it dominates every aspect of every sports talk show. We've created this monster that we need to be entertained by the minute because we are too incapable of procuring independent entertainment.

This rant of mine reminds me of this "Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country," -- it feels we have a Country full of 'what can you do for me' folks.

Oh yeah, the topic. SCREW A 17TH GAME!

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
Unfortunately, we have raised a generation of “me first! And screw you!” people.
Greed on ALL levels.
And not just in the sports world.
People wanting a $15 an hour minimum wage. They don’t consider that it would raise the cost of EVERYTHING, and cause some companies to close, thus job losses. This would offset any supposed gain that they would get with a higher minimum wage.
Oh yeah.....and I DON’t WANT A 17th GAME EITHER!😄
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the NFL owners were supposed to vote both the 17th game and the 17th game selection procedures.

But the owners decided to delay voting on the 17th game at that time and only voted yes for the procedures.

Though the belief was the Owners would absolutely approve the 17th game if it got the more money via tickets or TV deal, it's just that tickets haven't been sold much this year and the TV deal is another year away...

But if they believe the tickets will be back, or they believe it will help their TV deals, I believe you can absolutely bet there will be a 17th game.
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
3 years ago
The game went to shit when defenses were taken away and onside kicks were handicapped.

I thought my interest in the NFL was declining due to age but now i know its because the gimmicky product it has become.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (13h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (14h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (15h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (18h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (18h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.