Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2021-02-12T14:53:35Z
Texans are releasing star JJ Watt, source said. Come to Green Bay on a one year "prove-it" deal and then smash free agency after your Super Bowl ring!

UserPostedImage
2021-02-12T15:13:12Z
The future is now.. go get him, cuz someone else will, like Tampa
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-02-12T15:38:53Z
He has health issues that keep him off the field. Veteran min contract is fine by me.
This spot is reserved for future use
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-02-12T16:57:13Z
But then there is this to consider- 🤣

This spot is reserved for future use
Cheesey
2021-02-12T17:13:45Z
When he can stay healthy, he’s amazing! I wonder if he would come here, and he has anything left in the tank.
If I were the Packers, I’d make a realistic attempt to get him.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2021-02-12T21:35:55Z
Wrong side of 30. Hurt too often. 60% of snaps, max. Can get it done when he's on the field.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
2021-02-13T00:53:13Z
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Wrong side of 30. Hurt too often. 60% of snaps, max. Can get it done when he's on the field.

You can't let his salary get too high (unless it's based on snap counts or game played), but Watt was the only Texans defensive player to play over 1,000 snaps last year and over 90% of the defensive snaps taken.

He has been injured a lot lately, but if we only want to rush four, Z. Smith, Watt, Clark and Gary would make one hell of a group and let us focus on drafting CBs.

Also, DT usually suck at rookies, so even if we draft a DT in the 1st round, let him learn for the first year.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2021-02-13T19:45:29Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

You can't let his salary get too high (unless it's based on snap counts or game played), but Watt was the only Texans defensive player to play over 1,000 snaps last year and over 90% of the defensive snaps taken.

He has been injured a lot lately, but if we only want to rush four, Z. Smith, Watt, Clark and Gary would make one hell of a group and let us focus on drafting CBs.

Also, DT usually suck at rookies, so even if we draft a DT in the 1st round, let him learn for the first year.

Throw in Keke, and you have the ability to rotate guys in pass rush situations and give them breathers.

I think you have the right idea of it: it takes a while for a rookie dlineman to pay off, so grabbing Watt and letting another guy sit and learn isn't the worst idea (and if the rookie shows some flashes, then all the better).

Speaking of Watt and the Packers...

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
nerdmann
2021-02-13T20:14:03Z
I guess he doesn't like the Steelers .
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Mucky Tundra
2021-02-17T04:18:14Z
Is he dropping us hints now?

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2021-02-17T05:21:00Z
Rumor has it that it's Green Bay or Cleveland. Pittsburgh is mentioned but word is he already rejected them. His brother was trying to recruit.

If he wants to get paid, Cleveland is his best bet. If he wants to chase a ring, Green Bay.
beast
2021-02-17T05:42:36Z

I guess he doesn't like the Steelers .

I think the Steelers don't behave a lot of cap, and they already have their good starting DEs... and I think they ask them to play two gap, and keep the LBers clean more than Watt would prefer.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Is he dropping us hints now?

That's the new Jets head coach's mantra, all gas no breaks... but I can't see him signing with the Jets if he wanted to get to the playoffs for sure.

The head coach used to be 49ers defensive coach and I believe best friends with LaFleur, and maybe one of them was the best man at the other wedding?

But I think he was just saying training hard, but I could be wrong.

Rumor has it that it's Green Bay or Cleveland. Pittsburgh is mentioned but word is he already rejected them. His brother was trying to recruit.

If he wants to get paid, Cleveland is his best bet. If he wants to chase a ring, Green Bay.

I haven't heard any official rumors of GB, other than they like 11 other teams are interested.

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2021-02-17T05:55:00Z

That's the new Jets head coach's mantra, all gas no breaks... but I can't see him signing with the Jets if he wanted to get to the playoffs for sure.

The head coach used to be 49ers defensive coach and I believe best friends with LaFleur, and maybe one of them was the best man at the other wedding?

But I think he was just saying training hard, but I could be wrong.

beast, are you suggesting a well grounded and reasonable explanation in contrast to my (and the Packers twitterdom) wild speculation and reading way too into something? 😉
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2021-02-24T07:13:27Z

Mitochondria has 12 letters and if you swap cell for GB, it means that Rodgers is the powerhouse of GB. Watt to the Packers confirmed!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-02-24T13:04:32Z
He should just sign right now with the Bills. Then this is done and over with.
UserPostedImage
MintBaconDrivel
2021-02-25T13:17:00Z
Dianna Russini @diannaESPN 49m
JJ Watt has received several offers from teams. The best offer he has received right now is between 15-16 million per year, per sources.

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-02-25T23:02:18Z
As Alfred E. Neuman used to say , “Watt, me worry?”😂

If it will take 15 million to sign Watt, he won’t be coming to Green Bay. That’s too much money to pay for a guy with the injury history and old age.
If they had lots of extra money, then maybe. But they don’t.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-03-01T16:03:02Z
JJ Watt updated his Peleton profile. This is apparently "News".

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-03-01T17:32:39Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

JJ Watt updated his Peleton profile. This is apparently "News".

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

The guy must be having a lot of fun watching people drool over his every word.
I wish he would sign SOMEWHERE and be done with it.
It’s getting old.
UserPostedImage
beast
2021-03-01T17:40:06Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

The guy must be having a lot of fun watching people drool over his every word.
I wish he would sign SOMEWHERE and be done with it.
It’s getting old.

My guess is that he's probably like everyone else, jist waiting for other people too...

The NFL STILL has not finalized a 2021 cap number and the head of the committee has said he probably won't until hours before FA.

Teams offers could go up, based on that number. Would you take $5 now, knowing the offers will only go up, and might get $15 if you wait?

They said his best offer was $15 million, my guess is that he rather not sign with that team, otherwise it'd probably be done already.

He's probably hoping some of the other offers improve.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-03-01T17:50:18Z

My guess is that he's probably like everyone else, jist waiting for other people too...

The NFL STILL has not finalized a 2021 cap number and the head of the committee has said he probably won't until hours before FA.

Teams offers could go up, based on that number. Would you take $5 now, knowing the offers will only go up, and might get $15 if you wait?

They said his best offer was $15 million, my guess is that he rather not sign with that team, otherwise it'd probably be done already.

He's probably hoping some of the other offers improve.

You are probably right.
If his most important thing is the money amount, then GB is out of it already in my opinion.
With his age and injury history, I’m torn as to whether or not he’d be a smart investment anyway.
If he’s “over the hill” as a player, then the money would be better spent elsewhere.

UserPostedImage