Zero2Cool
2 years ago
Probably not an athlete. Nice to see people coming to help. Then she took to her phone to let her family know she's alive.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago
Kevin Love kicks off support drive for arena workers with $100K pledge 

Quote:

With the NBA suspending its season indefinitely and closing the doors on its 29 arenas around the country for the foreseeable future with no games to be played, Cleveland Cavaliers star Kevin Love pledged $100,000 Thursday to aid arena workers displaced by the league's response to the coronavirus.

"My hope is that others will step up!!" Love told ESPN via text message.

Love's act of generosity echoes the joint statement released by the Cavs and their home arena, the Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse, on Thursday when they vowed to develop "a compensation plan to continue paying our event staff and hourly workforce that is impacted with the changes to our regular event schedule."

There are "well over a thousand" workers employed at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse and the Canton Memorial Civic Center for the Cavs and the Charge, the Cavs' G League affiliate, as well as for the AHL's Cleveland Monsters, NCAA events and concerts, according to a team spokesperson.

no signature
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
Desert Vista product Devon Kennard made a virtual visit to
@PhxChildrens
. Here he is telling a kid one of his favorite career moments was sacking Kyler.Face with tears of joy

*Also, the Cardinals have also purchased 2 of these robots that they intend to use for similar community visits.

UserPostedImage
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
2 years ago
Other than being a Viking... dude seems grounded in reality.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago
Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Other than being a Viking... dude seems grounded in reality.

That’s the way it should be with everyone.
Every job, no matter how “low” it might seem to be, is important.
And those who do those jobs should get just as much respect as anyone.
It’s sad that a person that states as much is considered special.
We ALL should think that way.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
This probably doesn't fit the topic or theme. I don't care. I love a good story and so far this seems like a good one.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
Hope the guys help. Too many need the help.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a year ago
It's been too long since we posted here.
I love this story. I can't even imagine what this would be like.

Prosthetic blades and Disney World: Buffalo Bills players fulfill young boy's wish 

Quote:

Jackson DeLude, an 8-year-old double-amputee and Buffalo resident, received a dream vacation to Disney World with a twist -- a set of prosthetic blades that would allow him to run properly, which he hadn't been able to do because of his partially-developed legs being amputated when he was an infant.

no signature
Zero2Cool
a year ago
"Nobody fights alone."

Christmas wishes are coming true this year for a Packers fan battling cancer, thanks to @ajdillon7.

https://www.nbc26.com/news/local-news/gofundme-for-packers-fan-battling-cancer-raises-more-than-5-000-after-aj-dillon-tiktok-duet-video 

UserPostedImage
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
a year ago
It should be how the world works, it shouldn't be something that seems abnormal and needs any attention. That said, 2020 has proven that nothing should be taken for granted.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
a year ago
It's not an athlete, but I run this shit and this was good. Put a tear in my eye.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a year ago
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

It's not an athlete, but I run this shit and this was good. Put a tear in my eye.

I've seen a few videos of this judge. He's a remarkable man. As I listened to the old man speak and tell us he's 90 and his son 63, I was a little surprised. In my mind the son "should" be about 70. Later it occurred to me, next year, if he lived, my dad would have turned 90. I will be 63.
no signature
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1m) : According to VOR by his inaction, Jackson is playing. Everyone else doesn't think so
Zero2Cool (3m) : Baker looked better than I expected him too. Passed out during first half though so I missed the heroics.
Zero2Cool (3m) : When Jacobs got dinged. I saw Adams clutching his hand. I was worried a bit there.
Zero2Cool (7m) : Any update on Lamar Jackson??
Zero2Cool (7m) : You know it! Can't wait!!!
Zero2Cool (8m) : It'll be sweet too. Davante Adams will snare 4.2 points and be reason why I win!
Zero2Cool (8m) : Boom! Pow!! Gonzo!!!
Zero2Cool (8m) : I get to drop the juggernaut of the league.
Zero2Cool (9m) : Then when I get in.
Zero2Cool (9m) : Looks like Sweep might lose so still got some hope.
Zero2Cool (9m) : Akers did OK, but we'll see if Burks gets 9 or more to see how bad a choice that was haha
Zero2Cool (9m) : Are players I should have signed instead of Derek Carr.
Zero2Cool (10m) : Packers
Zero2Cool (10m) : Bay
Zero2Cool (10m) : Green
dfosterf (35m) : The American people are suckers. They are increasing the value of Paul Whelan to Putin as the bargaining chip he holds. Chain Chain Chain...
dfosterf (1h) : He's no Jared Goff
Zero2Cool (2h) : Derek Care. Bad pickup.
buckeyepackfan (11h) : 98 yds, no timeouts, no problem
Zero2Cool (18h) : Rush of 10+ or Reception of 20+. Packers have 86
Zero2Cool (18h) : Only 5 teams have more explosive offensive plays than Packers.
Zero2Cool (18h) : I suppose too if there are any career statistics he wants to aim for himself, or Lewis or Cobb maybe?
Zero2Cool (19h) : UNLESS ... Rodgers is leaning towards retirement and says he'd rather finish his career on the field, not the bench.
Zero2Cool (19h) : I'm wiling to bet once eliminated, we'll see Jordan Love finish out the season.
Zero2Cool (19h) : That's why Rodgers is still playing.
Zero2Cool (19h) : I think he's full of crap. Packers are still hopeful for Playoffs.
Zero2Cool (19h) : He also thinks Seahawks are perfect trading partner to get Love.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Cowherd thinks Packers are hiding Jordan Love.
dfosterf (19h) : Lord of War movie. The planes used in its production were his.
dfosterf (19h) : Merchant of death. Ain al Asad Airbase, Baghdad. US Airforce gave his pilots cards for free fuel when he flew God knows what into Iraq for US contractors. Over 500,000 gallons
Zero2Cool (19h) : I had them nearly full time, but they spent Winter Break with the mom. So I had 7-10 days to get it done without having to hide it
Zero2Cool (19h) : For many years, the girls spent Christmas with their mother's, so I'd get their presents few days after Christmas.
dfosterf (19h) : A lot of activity. Reminds me of one year I had to do all my Christmas shopping an hour before the Kmart closed on Christmas eve, the only store open
Zero2Cool (19h) : K. Walker injury has me concerned. So, had to panic-add RB Akers ...
Zero2Cool (19h) : I just plunked Akers up and started him. Baker at QB, I'm hoping lots of rushing haha. I dunno. Not convinced
dfosterf (20h) : Maybe VOR won't realize he doesn't have a QB, WR and kicker. You'd have a shot this week
dfosterf (20h) : Carr will probably get hurt in the 1st quarter trying to run. ?Statham? can come in and toss to Adams
Zero2Cool (20h) : No Aaron Donald. Hopefully Derek Carr runs for three TD's and throws 2 TD's to WR Hollins
Zero2Cool (20h) : Adams is gonna torch Rams today. I hope for shootout!!
Zero2Cool (20h) : RB Aaron Jones topped 5,000 yards career. Pretty nice!
Zero2Cool (20h) : Folks saying Leonhard is why Rex Ryan defense was so good. He's got the cure for RPO's.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Reading lots of good things about Jim Leonhard.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Seeing some talk that Packers are poised to make post-bye run.
dhazer (21h) : packfan she is a black lesbian that hates america, it checks all the boxes for a democrat
Zero2Cool (21h) : Keisean Nixon makes PFF’s third-quarter All-Pro team
Zero2Cool (21h) : Only thing I've seen is that we brought back someone from WNBA while we have a former Marine hitting four years.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haven't seen media call Paul a hero, not once.
dfosterf (21h) : I hate Biden, but Whelan is not as a cut and dried a Marine hero type the media is portrayIng
dfosterf (22h) : CIA says not a spy. I believe them, but he was doing something very odd the day they arrested him.
dfosterf (22h) : he held subsequent to his time in service. He may or may not have done something nefarious while in Russia, supposedly receiving a thumb drive containing the names of a security apparatus in Russia. C
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2022 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 3:25 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 3:25 PM
PATRIOTS
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 8:30 AM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 12:00 PM
JETS
Sunday, Oct 23 @ 12:00 PM
Commanders
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 7:20 PM
Bills
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Nov 17 @ 7:15 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Nov 27 @ 7:20 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Monday, Dec 19 @ 7:15 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Dec 25 @ 12:00 PM
Dolphins
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 3:25 PM
VIKINGS
Saturday, Jan 7 @ 11:00 PM
LIONS
Recent Topics
5m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

8-Dec / Around The NFL / dhazer

8-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

8-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

7-Dec / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / wpr

6-Dec / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

6-Dec / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

6-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

6-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

5-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

5-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Dec / Announcements / Zero2Cool

5-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2022 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.