go.pack.go.
4 years ago

Not deflating if you keep winning! Losing would be so much more deflating...

And while Gute has done a good job creating opportunities, once in a while no one steps up into the opportunity he creates like no one stepped up into the Safety opportunity he created last year... hell Josh Jones might of stepped down from it.

And I still wonder if some WRs (MVS) problem might be more gaining Rodgers trust, as he's got pretty good talent...

Nelson and Rodgers always had a great connection especially on 3rd downs and at the goal line, where have the Packers struggled since letting Nelson go? 3rd down and goal line.

Nelson might not be at his physical peak anymore, his connection with Rodgers is CLEARLY better than anyone got right now other than MAYBE Adams.

To some degree yes... but some of that is also this offensive system where the RB becomes a huge factor in the passing game too.

This system is known for making RB star players and more important to the team, which is why I wasn't going to be surprised if we draft a RB high some year.

Originally Posted by: beast 

At some point we have to stop blaming Rodgers for every single problem on this team. For God’s sake, Rodgers is the only reason this team has a remote chance. He’s not going to intentionally not throw it to an open receiver because he doesn’t “trust” them.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

At some point we have to stop blaming Rodgers for every single problem on this team. For God’s sake, Rodgers is the only reason this team has a remote chance. He’s not going to intentionally not throw it to an open receiver because he doesn’t “trust” them.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

This team has a chance because it does not need Aaron Rodgers to play lights out every series of every game.

I really liked how Rodgers played last week. He kept his eyes down field and dumped it off when there wasn't anything downfield. That's winning football in my view. I see folks like Tom Brady and Drew Brees doing the same thing by taking what the defense gives them and then taking a well timed shot.

Packers are getting better and the WR group will continue to grow and the chemistry with Rodgers will grow.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
4 years ago

This team has a chance because it does not need Aaron Rodgers to play lights out every series of every game.

I really liked how Rodgers played last week. He kept his eyes down field and dumped it off when there wasn't anything downfield. That's winning football in my view. I see folks like Tom Brady and Drew Brees doing the same thing by taking what the defense gives them and then taking a well timed shot.

Packers are getting better and the WR group will continue to grow and the chemistry with Rodgers will grow.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I think we will see more of the same this week. Detroit hasn't been good against the run and they ranked like 27th in yards allowed to running backs.

"The train is leaving the station."
Cheesey
4 years ago
Jordy Nelson....I LOVE the guy! But he would be a FOOL to come out of retirement. He has plenty of money, a Super Bowl ring, and most importantly, his health.
And I highly doubt he’s even in football shape. Unless he has been working out every week expecting a call.

We need to roll with who we have. Now that the rest of the NFL knows we have a RB that can run AND catch passes, it may open up the WRs more.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
Turf toe sucks...I had it and it takes a long time to go away. And once you've had it, it seems to easily recur.

I would be interested in Dr. NSD's opinion on prognosis and recurring frequency.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
buckeyepackfan
4 years ago

I would like to see Darius Shepherd to get more involved in the offense. Seems like a potential Cobb type of player.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

Allison will be #1
MVS #2
Shepard and Kumerow will be 3a and 3b.
I would think Shepard out of the slot is a natural fit.

From what I have heard and read, even though he is a camp invitee who made the 53, he is all business and has earned the respect of players and coaches.

My bold prediction.
Kumerow and Shepard combine for 10 catches, 150yds, 2tds!

Book it!!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DoddPower
4 years ago

Nelson and Rodgers always had a great connection especially on 3rd downs and at the goal line, where have the Packers struggled since letting Nelson go? 3rd down and goal line.

Nelson might not be at his physical peak anymore, his connection with Rodgers is CLEARLY better than anyone got right now other than MAYBE Adams.

Originally Posted by: beast 

There's no "might not" about it. Nelson is washed-up and done physically by NFL standards. Connections are great, but the receivers still need to be able to run, which Nelson no longer can. Nelson's physical ability along with his connection with Rodgers is what made him great. Take away one of those and what's left over isn't exciting. I'm sure Rodgers would still have a great connection with James Jones. But that doesn't matter because he can't run anymore.

Gute can and should do much better. I do hope he is at least turning over all rocks looking for help.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (12h) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (13h) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (13h) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (17h) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-May / Around The NFL / bboystyle

27-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.