Discussion Board
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
2019-04-29T14:56:55Z
A thread recognizing moments (seemingly rare) athletes just simply get it... or at least speak as if they get it.

Prime example..

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2019-04-29T15:14:16Z
Looks like at least one guy gets it!
Good thread Pack93z!
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
2019-04-29T15:15:01Z
Although HHCD made too many "business decisions" on the field, I get that he got it:

HHCD Honors Fallen Policeman at height of kneeling controversy 
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Rockmolder
2019-04-30T07:56:48Z
Great idea for a thread, 93.

I'm not a Feijenoord fan, but I love this moment. I know he's aware that there's a camera there and he won't mind the PR-points he scored here, but he did give all those kids a moment they'll carry with them for the rest of their lifes.

Zero2Cool
2019-04-30T11:35:26Z
Puck hit a kid, Elliott went over to him and chatted with him, took a selfie too. Probably made that kids day.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2019-04-30T14:31:09Z
It's the little things that make such a big difference. Yes the big name athletes can start foundations that raise millions of dollars. That's wonderful. But it's the time they spend saying hello to a kid of giving the child the hockey stick or jersey or whatever that has a more profound and lasting impression. A few years ago I came to the realization that a lot of these professionals are parents themselves and would like it if someone took the time to help their child (or younger sibling) so they too pay it forward with a little bit of their time.
"Well, they might kill you, but they won’t eat you." Uncle Teddy
Zero2Cool
2019-04-30T14:36:21Z
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq2dMbz6ssY 

This one million dollars wasn't just $1,000,000. It started something that grew and spawned many others to donate too.

How damn cool is this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C757xJiy9cc 

This is Aaron Rodgers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTyQgWw5-ws 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQQ2k4WKrCk 

Hell, watch all of the video's of It's Aaron. The dude simply GETS IT.
https://www.youtube.com/...UCsLUPghC157MPxWSbvCRrrg 
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2019-05-19T21:34:34Z
He's not an athlete, but holy shit balls this is what I am talkin' bout!!

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2019-05-23T11:12:22Z

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2019-06-09T20:37:39Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

It's always nice to see when someone grows up.
Zero2Cool
2019-06-12T23:39:29Z
Jon Stewart isn't an athlete, but I love it when people know they have the camera and try to use it for good.

I don't know that Jon Stewart had any doings behind the bill, but I'm glad it was passed.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2019-06-22T02:18:36Z
Albert Pujols gets it. 

Quote:

Heart-warming moment Angel slugger Albert Pujols takes his own sweater and draws it for an overjoyed young fan with Down syndrome
Los Angeles Angels slugger Albert Pujols delights a young Down syndrome fan after a recent competition by giving the boy his own shirt from his back
After Thursday's victory over Blue Jays in Toronto, Pujols walked on to the first baseline where nine-year-old Nico was waiting
The designated candidate player of 6 foot-3, 240 pounds did not hesitate to remove his jersey, take a pen from Nico & # 39; s outstretched hand and sign his name on the back
After this, Nico turned and let Pujols draw the back of his shirt
Nico & # 39; s father, Joe Squarini, posted the video on Twitter and wrote: & # 39; Thank you @ PujolsFive! You made our night. Nico will never forget your @pujolsfound & # 39;
The Albert Pujols Foundation was established to promote & # 39; raise awareness, provide hope and meet tangible needs for children and families living with Down syndrome & # 39;
Pujols & stepdaughter Isabella was born with Down syndrome on January 1, 2000

gbguy20
2019-06-22T02:41:33Z
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (53m) : Juwann Winfree (groin) is back at practice after missing yesterday. Important for a WR on the roster bubble.
Zero2Cool (2h) : Gabe Brkic was released, while Ramiz Ahmed was signed.
packerfanwayoutwest (15h) : Mike McCarthy on Cowboys’ 17 penalties: Clearly way too much..same o same o McCrappy
Mucky Tundra (19h) : TD pass to Jenkins in week 2 in blow out win to pass the Bears for most wins all time? Inject it into my veins
Mucky Tundra (19h) : @BookOfEli_NFL · 1h Matt Lafleur on how versatile Elgton Jenkins is: "Shoot we can probably line him up at TE. Who knows, maybe we will."
Martha Careful (22h) : If he has had even a half a dozen concussions, the Packers would’ve been foolish to have drafted him
Zero2Cool (14-Aug) : Someone should tell him every headache isn't a concussion too.
go.pack.go. (14-Aug) : Thanks for the updates. I kept looking for him
beast (14-Aug) : He said 1,000s, and I think someone needs to explain it, just like they had to explain dime defenses to him... if he's had 1,000 then he had more from drinking and pills than football
packerfanwayoutwest (14-Aug) : #4 said he has had 100's of concussions
beast (13-Aug) : Some have suggested it's not the first concussion that gets you, it's the second one, when your head hasn't fully healed from the first one
beast (13-Aug) : Wyatt was evaluated for concussion the practice before (or something), he passed the concussion test, but they decided to sit him as preventative measures anyways.
Mucky Tundra (13-Aug) : gpg, Wyatt was inactive
go.pack.go. (13-Aug) : Did Davante Wyatt play last night?
packerfanwayoutwest (13-Aug) : players get cut for stuff like that
yooperfan (13-Aug) : My fault friends, I forgot to put the flag out.
Zero2Cool (13-Aug) : WR ran route wrong on two and one was bad drop. Final INT I don't think have been thrown.
packerfanwayoutwest (13-Aug) : Green Bay Packers backup Jordan Love throws 3 INTs in loss to San Francisco 49ers, but coach Matt LaFleur 'pleased' with performance
Mucky Tundra (13-Aug) : @ByRyanWood Matt LaFleur on Amari Rodgers’ 50-yard kickoff return: “I think the hardest hit came when he got to the sideline and Rashan Gary knocked him on his butt.”
wpr (13-Aug) : I hope yoop has his flag flying.
buckeyepackfan (12-Aug) : GAMENIGHT! Preseason Style! GO! Pack! GO! STAY HEALTHY!
Mucky Tundra (12-Aug) : Well then
Mucky Tundra (12-Aug) : Antonio Brown releases a statement on his Twitter stating his biggest regret was not being able to watch himself play a game live as a spectator
Zero2Cool (10-Aug) : David Bakhtiari, Elgton Jenkins "have a shot" at playing early in season.
Mucky Tundra (10-Aug) : The Bears that is. I'm not sure how much lower it can go
Mucky Tundra (10-Aug) : I mean, their roster is already pretty thin.
Zero2Cool (10-Aug) : Matt LaFleur said he was probably pretty hard on Dexter Williams when he was here in Green Bay to get the best out of him, but it’s refreshing to see how much he has matured.
wpr (10-Aug) : It's not that the bares don't value ILB, it's that they are throwing the season to get a better position in the draft
Zero2Cool (10-Aug) : Former Packer RB Dexter Williams is signing back with the Packers
Mucky Tundra (10-Aug) : *ILB/MLB
Mucky Tundra (10-Aug) : Interesting to see the Bears pinch pennies with Smith since as a franchise they seem to prioritize the ILB spot
Cheesey (9-Aug) : The way they are taking advantage is, they want him to play for the Bears!🤪
go.pack.go. (9-Aug) : Trade***
go.pack.go. (9-Aug) : Roquan Smith wants a read from the bears. Says they’re trying to take advantage of him in contract talks
Cheesey (8-Aug) : YOOPY DOO WHAH! Have fun Yoop!😁
wpr (8-Aug) : Hey Yooper. Have fun.
yooperfan (8-Aug) : It’s Yooper appreciation day at the Timber Rattler’s game this coming Saturday.
Cheesey (8-Aug) : Yeah! Do NOT say "Super Bowl Trophy". They will look like "deer in the headlights"!
Martha Careful (7-Aug) : Mr. Cool, make sure you speak slowly and clearly so the natives can understand you...no big words.
Mucky Tundra (6-Aug) : Zero, you have my sympathies
Zero2Cool (6-Aug) : Ugh, in Minnesota. Land of Vikings, yucki.
Cheesey (6-Aug) : It figures. Thanks for the update Mucky!
Mucky Tundra (6-Aug) : Cheesey, Savage suffered what appears to be a hamstring injury
Cheesey (6-Aug) : Just glad there were no injuries
Zero2Cool (6-Aug) : Lotta commercials on Family Night.
Mucky Tundra (6-Aug) : [walks off]
Mucky Tundra (6-Aug) : @JasonLieser Bears OC Luke Getsy on Aaron Rodgers taking psychedelics: "I was not invited on those trips... Hey, whatever it takes, I guess." Would he like to have been invited? Getsy: "Ehhhh... [wal
Zero2Cool (5-Aug) : I just love that coach is like, JUGs is gone, get new one
beast (5-Aug) : Also I wonder what was wrong or happening with the current jugs machines and is this a new issue? Or are they trying to do something new with them and it's just not working?
beast (5-Aug) : I wonder how his wife feels about him be so picky about jugs...
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2022 Packers Schedule
Friday, Aug 12 @ 7:30 PM
49ers
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 3:25 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 3:25 PM
PATRIOTS
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 8:30 AM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 12:00 PM
JETS
Sunday, Oct 23 @ 12:00 PM
Commanders
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 7:20 PM
Bills
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Nov 17 @ 7:15 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Nov 27 @ 7:20 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Monday, Dec 19 @ 7:15 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Dec 25 @ 12:00 PM
Dolphins
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 3:25 PM
VIKINGS
Saturday, Jan 7 @ 11:00 PM
LIONS
Recent Topics
4m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

10-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

9-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / dyeah_gb

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2022 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.