Porforis
5 years ago

Did anyone else hear the pregame show when they talked about playing defense against the Packers? It was something like this offense is so easy to defense because it's the same offense they been running since 1995 with Brett Favre. Now when former player/ analyst can see this i am sure a DC can really see it.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

I disagree with this but it's the same offense we've been running for at LEAST 8 years now. All the tricks that used to catch defenses don't work anymore. Remember when we'd get 2+ free plays a game by drawing people offsides? We're lucky to get one every fourth game the last few years. Defenses know what the Packers are going to do 90% of the time and Rodgers isn't good enough anymore to still beat defenses consistently when they know what's coming.
nerdmann
5 years ago

Besides Matt Flynn (who went on to do not much of anything elsewhere), how has that worked out for the Packers? Kizer, Hundley, Callahan, Harrell, Nall, Tolzien, Wallance, Young, and whoever else I've forgotten have been at best not bad enough to single-handedly lose the game and at worse completely put the Packers out of any contention to be competitive. This is less of a "Rodgers is a God!" comment and more of a "Next man up sounds like a pretty horrible idea to me and history backs that up".

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Because Rodgers is playing so well right now?

Face it, Kizer was a higher selection than any of those other guys for a reason. And nothing will help him more than to get some freakin live reps. You cannot let your team leader defy the coach. That's how you get guys going rogue like Ty Montgomery.

That's how you get guys looking right at your coach and ignoring him, walking away.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Porforis
5 years ago

Because Rodgers is playing so well right now?

Face it, Kizer was a higher selection than any of those other guys for a reason. And nothing will help him more than to get some freakin live reps.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

If typing that out doesn't make you realize how ludicrous that sounds then I'm not sure anybody can help you. Compared to what his raw talent says he should be capable? Yes Rodgers is bombing this season. He's middle of the pack overall. You mean to tell me that Brett freaking Kizer is a top-15 QB if he gets the reps? Yeah, maybe if the entire offensive system is re-tooled around him and you have a year or two. You seriously think you're going to get that out of McCarthy?

Some claimed Hundley was a MVP in waiting and just needed reps. How'd that work out when he got the reps? But let me guess, that was Rodgers' fault because he what, wouldn't help him? Wasn't that Brett's whole deal? Several of Brett's backups managed to have pretty good careers.

You cannot let your team leader defy the coach. That's how you get guys going rogue like Ty Montgomery.

That's how you get guys looking right at your coach and ignoring him, walking away.

Not going to continue going back and forth on this argument. You're clearly convinced this is gospel.
nerdmann
5 years ago

If typing that out doesn't make you realize how ludicrous that sounds then I'm not sure anybody can help you. Compared to what his raw talent says he should be capable? Yes Rodgers is bombing this season. He's middle of the pack overall. You mean to tell me that Brett freaking Kizer is a top-15 QB if he gets the reps? Yeah, maybe if the entire offensive system is re-tooled around him and you have a year or two. You seriously think you're going to get that out of McCarthy?

Some claimed Hundley was a MVP in waiting and just needed reps. How'd that work out when he got the reps? But let me guess, that was Rodgers' fault because he what, wouldn't help him? Wasn't that Brett's whole deal? Several of Brett's backups managed to have pretty good careers.

Not going to continue going back and forth on this argument. You're clearly convinced this is gospel.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

4-6-1 is 4-6-1. If you're good with that, stand pat.

It wasn't good enough when Ty Montgomery did it, why is Aaron different?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Porforis
5 years ago

4-6-1 is 4-6-1. If you're good with that, stand pat.

Yes clearly if I'm not ranting for two years about Rodgers intentionally sabotaging the team because something something stats I just hate the Packers and love losing because like, the backup quarterbacks ran over my dog or something so that's why I refused to believe Hundley would be a breakout star and don't think the Packers will do better than say, 2-3 for the rest of the season with Kizer under the helm.

I mean, can we talk about something measurable or are you just going to insinuate that I don't care losing?
Cheesey
5 years ago
This offense reminds me of “horse and buggy”. When everyone was driving a horse and buggy, ours was one of the fastest. But the automobile was invented, and everyone (except us) started driving cars, and passing us by. Mike McCarthy refuses to drive a car, and thus our team is getting RUN OVER.

UserPostedImage
yooperfan
5 years ago

This offense reminds me of “horse and buggy”. When everyone was driving a horse and buggy, ours was one of the fastest. But the automobile was invented, and everyone (except us) started driving cars, and passing us by. Mike McCarthy refuses to drive a car, and thus our team is getting RUN OVER.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

OMG, I didn't know McCathy was Amish.
Had I knew that I would have a better understanding of things.
Unlike McCarthy the Amish are highly productive people>😁 .
Porforis
5 years ago

OMG, I didn't know McCathy was Amish.
Had I knew that I would have a better understanding of things.
Unlike McCarthy the Amish are highly productive people>😁 .

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Maybe it's just as easy as having Mike shave?
bboystyle
5 years ago

Defense sucks way overrated. An upgrade over Capers most definitely but not enough! They still can't shut offenses off!

Originally Posted by: shield4life 

Wrong. Defense is injured and having to play alongside a crappy offense that can sustain a drive to give them rest.
bboystyle
5 years ago

This is what I meant.
The GM makes the final decisions on who is drafted. Who is signed.
Not Mike McCarthy!

He can only work with the players given to him.
IMHO Guttekunst did not make very good moves this year.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Lol, what!? Gutes draft picks have been great for the most part. Dont forget 80% of this team is still Ted Thompson affiliated. Mike mccarthy is trash, plain and simple.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (54m) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (2h) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (17h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (19h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (19h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (19h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (19h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (19h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (21h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (22h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.