Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2018-04-28T00:04:09Z
Josh Jackson | Cornerback | Iowa | 6'0" - 196 lbs.

Wearing jersey #37

Overview
Long-armed ball-hawk who understands how to maximize his length to disrupt the catch and take it away. Jackson could be labeled a "one-year wonder", but 27 passes defensed in a single season isn't random. He's talented but inexperienced and he has coverage holes that could be exploited early in his career. Jackson's draft stock likely took a hit with his average forty time and unimpressive work in position drills. However, he is armed with route anticipation, ball skills, and NFL length that teams covet in a press-man corner. It may take time, but the tools are there to be an early starter.

Strengths
  • Had mind-blowing ball-hawking season with 27 passes defensed including eight interceptions
  • Tall with long arms
  • Allowed 41.3 percent completion rate
  • Made a play on 25.7 percent of his targets
  • Makes his own fortune
  • Instincts are top-notch
  • Plays the ball and not the man
  • Flashed supreme ball skills
  • High-point winner with ability to pull down the one-hand grab
  • Put together monster performances in big games
  • Finished with three interceptions in upset win over Ohio State and two pick-sixes against Wisconsin
  • Anticipates routes
  • Allowed no touchdowns after Week 4
  • Spotlight player
  • Lauded for positive attitude and strong work ethic

Weaknesses
  • One-year wonder
  • Has just 14 career starts
  • Early opener from press
  • Needs more experience and more patience
  • Too easily influenced by release fakes at the line of scrimmage
  • Can be turned by quality routes
  • Doesn't flash a big chase burst when he gets behind on the routes (crossers)
  • Needs to tighten up tackling
  • Questions are being raised about his long speed
  • Buys into route breaks a little too hard from trail and can be double-moved

4.56 40 yard dash
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2018-04-28T00:06:24Z

Click the link up there to see all videos, some of them are pasted below.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2018-04-28T00:16:15Z
Waited till the second, still got his guy. #steelyeyedassasin
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
isocleas2
2018-04-28T00:18:55Z
Can't believe he fell this far Packers may have gotten a steal.
Zero2Cool
2018-04-28T00:37:40Z
Some Charles Woodson type shit

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2018-04-29T03:29:20Z
Smokey got his man. It will be fun to compare the development of Alexander and Jackson. Toss King into the mix as well.
"Well, they might kill you, but they won’t eat you." Uncle Teddy
beast
2018-04-29T03:57:25Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

Smokey got his man. It will be fun to compare the development of Alexander and Jackson. Toss King into the mix as well.

It's going to be interesting, normally they only keep 6 CBs including a couple that are mainly for STs.

With Williams, House, King, Alexander and Jackson, there is already 5...

So do they keep 7?
Do they cut a vet?
Or do they only have one open spot?
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2018-04-29T04:14:20Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

It's going to be interesting, normally they only keep 6 CBs including a couple that are mainly for STs.

So do they keep 7?
Do they cut a vet?

House will have to beat out Herb Waters and Lenzy Pipkins.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Bigbyfan
2018-04-29T07:22:52Z
Anytime there's potential for multiple deserving players fighting for a couple roster spots, it's good for the Packers. Training camp will be fun.
blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2018-04-29T13:16:13Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

So do they keep 7?
Do they cut a vet?

Pipkins.

It;s funny how rosters are changing. Not too long ago it was 5 GB and 5 Safeties. Now it's common to have 6 CB with a total of 11 DB while back in the 70's you would only see, at most, 8 DB on the roster.

"Well, they might kill you, but they won’t eat you." Uncle Teddy
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (31-Jul) : @mattschneidman Packers second-year OL Simon Stepaniak has retired.
Mucky Tundra (31-Jul) : because I understand now every single rep, I had to give everything I had."
Mucky Tundra (31-Jul) : @ByRyanWood · 13m AJ Dillon said last season, the first he'd ever been a backup in his football career, taught him to put max value on each chance he got: "It was a really cool experience, because I u
Zero2Cool (30-Jul) : Carson Wentz to Green Bay confirmed (to see Dr. Anderson)
Zero2Cool (30-Jul) : Today’s press conference lineup: Matt LaFleur, Jaire Alexander, Dennis Kelly and Darnell Savage Jr.
Cheesey (29-Jul) : Has anybody got a pen?!?!?😉
Zero2Cool (29-Jul) : Per Ian Rapoport
Zero2Cool (29-Jul) : Packers and QB Aaron Rodgers have finally agreed to terms and language on the reworked deal, source said. The saga is over. Only thing left is to sign it.
dfosterf (29-Jul) : Gitenkust pedigree is going up, not down, amongst owners, imo
Zero2Cool (29-Jul) : Xavier Howard has ankle injury that will keep him out until preseason??
Mucky Tundra (29-Jul) : @KCBoutThatLife It’s 4:50 pm out here in Green Bay and @MVS__11 still ain’t took a shower.
dfosterf (28-Jul) : 6th rounder texans paying 3 mil of Cobbs contract
Cheesey (28-Jul) : 🤪😂😂😂
Zero2Cool (28-Jul) : Too late buddy! Busted'em boff!
Cheesey (28-Jul) : Zero, you better be careful! You could dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back!😂
dfosterf (28-Jul) : Mark Murphy: :And you sign here, here and here" finger shaking uncontrollably
dfosterf (28-Jul) : I think it would be cool to discover he walked off that podium and signed whatever was agreed to. Perfect mic drop
dfosterf (28-Jul) : I'm waiting for the renegotiated Rodgers contract numbers, along with what Cobb is costing
Zero2Cool (28-Jul) : Adams says he and the guys just like to mess round with ya'all (meaning the media). LOVE IT. Also, ANOTHER thing I said. MY FUCKING GOD I'M GOOD
dfosterf (28-Jul) : Ya. That was a no fucking around press conference. Refreshing and long overdue
Zero2Cool (28-Jul) : That was a very good press conference by Rodgers. Well worth listening to.
Zero2Cool (28-Jul) : "I'm not a victim. I want to reiterate that." AR "I don't feel like anything's been done to me. It's a tough business."
dfosterf (28-Jul) : Rodgers podium now
Zero2Cool (28-Jul) : Hell no
dfosterf (28-Jul) : Xavian Howard. THAT is who Rodgers should be pitching...
Zero2Cool (28-Jul) : Eric Stokes running with the 1s while Kevin King is hurt (again) could mean King never even gets the chance to lose the starting job to the first-round pick depending on how long he’s out.
Zero2Cool (28-Jul) : Gutekunst confirms that they did call Rodgers on draft night, but not before the draft.
Zero2Cool (28-Jul) : Randall Cobb @rcobb18 · 1m I’M COMING HOME! 💚💛
Zero2Cool (28-Jul) : Bryan Bartlett Starr
Zero2Cool (27-Jul) : According to a source, the Packers have waived QB and WNY native Jake Dolegala.
dfosterf (27-Jul) : Well, we did get to see him kinda walking around the edge of the practice facility, so that was exciting
Zero2Cool (27-Jul) : Packers are releasing veteran QB Blake Bortles.
dfosterf (27-Jul) : That would be profoundly stupid, imo
Zero2Cool (27-Jul) : MVS traded for Randall Cobb? If that speculation on my part is true, that's not good.
Zero2Cool (27-Jul) : The Houston Texans are finalizing a deal with the Packers that would send WR Randall Cobb back to GB, per @chrisbrockman.
yooperfan (27-Jul) : Probably the same people who named their son Grumington😂😂
Cheesey (27-Jul) : Zygi...WHO names their kid “Zygi”???😂
dfosterf (27-Jul) : Aaron Rodgers' private plane has landed in Green Bay. Zygi Wilf greeted the aircraft, but was told, "Wrong plane, wrong player...for now..."
Zero2Cool (27-Jul) : Who says anything was leaked? It was trey Wingo for crying out loud lol he knows nothing. He's proved it.
Cheesey (27-Jul) : I’ve been on the Packers bandwagon since 1965. And I never jumped off, and never will.
dfosterf (27-Jul) : Zero"s dad would get it.
dfosterf (27-Jul) : I am simply trying to highlight how ridiculous it would be to leak that Rodgers return is conditional on a trade for Cobb without a trade deal for Cobb having been already consummated
packerfanoutwest (26-Jul) : AND THOSE SAME PEOPLE WILL JUMP BACK ON THE WAGON.
Zero2Cool (26-Jul) : People sure are quick to hate on a guy for things rumored.
dfosterf (26-Jul) : That 5th was to any other team. If our new GM Rodgers wants him, it's 3 firsts
Zero2Cool (26-Jul) : Texans would offload Cobb for a 5th.
Zero2Cool (26-Jul) : Vaccine is to limit chance of getting and minimize symptoms.
dfosterf (26-Jul) : Texans only want 3 first rounders for Cobb
Cheesey (26-Jul) : I thought the vaccine was supposed to keep you from getting covid? Now they change it to “ it’s just supposed to make you not get as sick”. What a load of you know what
Zero2Cool (26-Jul) : Report: Davante Adams now open to contract talks with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2021 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 12 @ 3:25 PM
Saints
Monday, Sep 20 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 26 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Oct 3 @ 3:25 PM
STEELERS
Sunday, Oct 10 @ 12:00 PM
Bengals
Sunday, Oct 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Oct 24 @ 12:00 PM
FOOTBALL TEAM
Thursday, Oct 28 @ 7:20 PM
Cardinals
Sunday, Nov 7 @ 3:25 PM
Chiefs
Sunday, Nov 14 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Nov 21 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Nov 28 @ 3:25 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Dec 12 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 19 @ 12:00 PM
Ravens
Saturday, Dec 25 @ 3:30 PM
BROWNS
Sunday, Jan 2 @ 7:20 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 9 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

30-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

30-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

30-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

30-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

28-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

28-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

28-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

28-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

28-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2021 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.