Zero2Cool
7 years ago
The Packers want the NFL Draft in 2019 to be held in Green Bay. Why not? It would be 100 years of the Green Bay Packers. The new Titletown District should be open with more hotel space and it'll be no worse weather wise than Chicago or New York. How many more storied franchises are their than the Packers in the NFL?

The Packers in their application emphasized team and league history and the resources Green Bay will have, including the new Titletown District west of Lambeau Field. Hotel rooms are the biggest issue, Murphy said.

Continue Reading @ JSOnline 

JSOnline wrote:

UserPostedImage
yooperfan
7 years ago
I'll jump on that bandwagon!!!😁
beast
7 years ago

I love the idea... but it's a VERY VERY uphill battle as Roger Goodell and the NFL are CLEARLY looking towards the largest markets they can get... and Green Bay is towards the bottom on market size.

Though, one positive is that they seem to be attempting to go to northern areas that won't be in the running for Super Bowls because it might be too cold for the NFL... but if the Packers get it... I'll assume it will only because the 100 years and other larger markets don't want it enough.
UserPostedImage
musccy
7 years ago
I don't really get how market size matters with this, but I acknowledge my business savvy is lacking. The podium and backdrop look identical whether you're in Resch, MSG, or any other basketball arena. I really don't think a 49'ers or Bengals fan gives a shit if their first round pick is announced in Green Bay vs. LA.
DakotaT
7 years ago
I'd just be happy if ESPN and NFL Network would just stay on the air when the Packers made their picks, and then talked about the player. The NFL Owners are marketing whores, and Green Bay doesn't fit the bill in any way shape or form. I'm just glad the Packers have won a few Super Bowls in my lifetime and remain competitive.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
7 years ago
It would be a fine thing for Green Bay to host an NFL Draft, but let's look at the big picture.

The NFL Owners are looking to maximize not only their Leagues exposure with the draft, but their corporate sponsors as well. You will never see this event held in a Jacksonville, Fla. or Buffalo, NY. . Only cities like Los Angles, Atlanta, New York, or Miami have a real chance to host such event . Such cities have the facilities to better cater to the activities that rich sponsors hold. The Dew Drop Lounge at the Holiday Inn does not cut it with the big boys. They need places to hold their Huge Parties and film their new and veteran athletes promoting their products, the Moose Lodge Hall does not fill the requirements.

The smaller market NFL cities are as good a place to live and work as any of the larger market cities, but there is more to an NFL Draft than a large enough theater or arena to hold it in.

GO PACK GO !!

[cheers] [cheers]
UserPostedImage
beast
7 years ago

I don't really get how market size matters with this, but I acknowledge my business savvy is lacking. The podium and backdrop look identical whether you're in Resch, MSG, or any other basketball arena. I really don't think a 49'ers or Bengals fan gives a shit if their first round pick is announced in Green Bay vs. LA.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Honestly I don't totally get it either... I'm just noticing the markets that the NFL has targeted and have reportedly reached out too... from what I remember, the NFL wanted the draft in either Los Angeles or Chicago... and neither city seemed that interested, while smaller markets did... and the NFL seemed to ignore the smaller markets... and kept going after the bigger markets.

And I think Smokey probably nailed it... that it's not about the draft's market... but it's probably about all the extra curricular activities market...

I'm purely guessing, but it's probably a lot harder to throw secret parties at the NFL level in GB, compared to other cities. Or 5 star fancy spots to keep all the diva owners entertained. Or hot spots for draft picks and sponsors to do photo shoots and ads, etc.

It would be a fine thing for Green Bay to host an NFL Draft, but let's look at the big picture.

The NFL Owners are looking to maximize not only their Leagues exposure with the draft, but their corporate sponsors as well. You will never see this event held in a Jacksonville, Fla. or Buffalo, NY. . Only cities like Los Angles, Atlanta, New York, or Miami have a real chance to host such event . Such cities have the facilities to better cater to the activities that rich sponsors hold. The Dew Drop Lounge at the Holiday Inn does not cut it with the big boys. They need places to hold their Huge Parties and film their new and veteran athletes promoting their products, the Moose Lodge Hall does not fill the requirements.

The smaller market NFL cities are as good a place to live and work as any of the larger market cities, but there is more to an NFL Draft than a large enough theater or arena to hold it in.

GO PACK GO !!

[cheers] [cheers]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Well said!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
7 years ago
They won't allow a super bowl here. The LEAST they can do is give GB a few draft years.

UserPostedImage
Smokey
7 years ago

They won't allow a super bowl here. The LEAST they can do is give GB a few draft years.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Cheesey, be happy with the NFC Championship Game, because that is the best NFL Event that Green Bay will ever see. Moaning and complaining about not getting a SB or an NFL Draft are never going to change the reality of it.

What a city like GB and it's team the Packers do best is to shine as an example to all other sports teams of what a small market sports team can accomplish , provided the team has as fair a chance as a large market team . In this case, the scales are just as equal as can be. GB get's the same revenue from TV and Radio as every other team. Merchandise sails (for GB or any other team ) depend upon the popularity of the team / players. Ticket sales at games depends on stadium size, price of tickets, and in some cases how well the home team competes. Concession sales and more make up a teams revenues . How that revenue is used is as different as the management of each team.

Cheesey, GB won't get a NFL Draft or a SB, but you can join The Tailgaters Fantasy Football League !

[biggrin] [cheers] [biggrin]

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
7 years ago
I never got into "fantasy football". Truth is, I don't follow the other teams enough to know who to draft.
The PACKERS are the only team I care about!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
5h / Around The NFL / wpr

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.