luigis
8 years ago
It gave us luck before so here I go again...

The glass half full:

* Rodgers. Some years ago when Joe Montana was playing for the KC chiefs I wondered what would happen if you transplanted his brain to a young body. Now I know.

* The DL. Yes, the DL!. Daniels and Raji are a force, they are good against the run and they are creating pressure, this is the first time our defense creates pressure from the line and not from some exotic blitz package.

* Mr James Jones. He has put his hand in every single ball thrown to him so far. But not only that, he is getting yards after the catch. Quite impressive for a guy that "couldn't make" the Giants roster.

* Randall Cobb. He is the oxygen the offense needs. There's always a play for Cobb when you need it and those plays always work. Cobb is very smart, I think as bad as Jordy's injury was it is helping highlight what Cobb can do.

* Corey Linsley. Adjusting things at the line now, we got gold with the pick of this young guy.

* Tom Clemments. For the first time in my life I'm not being able to predict every single play we run.

The glass half empty:

* Kansas City. Yes, the Chiefs. They played such a horrible gameplan in the first half that I really don't know how good we are. Andy Reid had a terrible game.

* D. Bakthiari. One of my favorite players as I watched him playing at Colorado. But he has struggled a lot in the first 3 games. Not only he is beaten on the side now he is getting pushed towards Rodgers in many plays. He needs to get his head clear.

* M.McCarthy. We all hated to see the chiefs getting yards effortless in the 2nd half. When we are much better than the opp I would like a decisive victory. Stashing points and then just relaxing can be costly. I don't want any miracle against us this year. No onsides, no hail marys, nothing.

* Julius Peppers. Where are you? The DL is playing a great game, Matthews is playing great, you should be able to do some interesting things. If he starts to make plays I think our defense will finally work for real.

Let's go visit our nemesis, Mr Kap.
Luis
musccy
8 years ago
Loosely in reference to your Peppers comment, a thought I had on Monday was if Daniels/Peppers will be an either/or F.A. decision this offseason.
DarkaneRules
8 years ago
I'll temper my feelings on Peppers this season until we've played a few more games, but as it stands, I'm not sure he is necessary unless he is okay playing a situational role for less money. What makes him hard to discard or discredit is his availability. The dude is an iron man.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
yooperfan
8 years ago

Loosely in reference to your Peppers comment, a thought I had on Monday was if Daniels/Peppers will be an either/or F.A. decision this offseason.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

If it was an either/or decision, clearly Daniels would be the one to keep.
Based on age if nothing else.
Peppers is obviously in his sunset years as far as football goes.

PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago
First James Jones. people need to quit thinking he was let go from teams because he could no longer play, with Cruz Beckam Jr and Randall they didn't have room for him with developing other players as well. Lucky for US.

As for Yards in the 2nd 1/2. That only matters if you care where the team defense is ranked on paper. When it mattered through 3 qtrs. the defense gave up 12 completions for 135yars and 66 total yard rushing. for the defense the 4th qtr was Preseason, get the young players in the game to get them valuable experience because an injury can turn them into starters very easily. It is far better for the team going forward to get those players that experience than to keep a pretty stat line.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
nerdmann
8 years ago

First James Jones. people need to quit thinking he was let go from teams because he could no longer play, with Cruz Beckam Jr and Randall they didn't have room for him with developing other players as well. Lucky for US.

As for Yards in the 2nd 1/2. That only matters if you care where the team defense is ranked on paper. When it mattered through 3 qtrs. the defense gave up 12 completions for 135yars and 66 total yard rushing. for the defense the 4th qtr was Preseason, get the young players in the game to get them valuable experience because an injury can turn them into starters very easily. It is far better for the team going forward to get those players that experience than to keep a pretty stat line.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

JJ has always been underrated.

Call him a Ted Thompson special.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago

JJ has always been underrated.

Call him a Ted Thompson special.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Still think he alone could have been the difference in us making the SB last year and not. I believe if he had been on the team, we would have ended up with a better regular season record and HFA.

Letting him go when he was so cheap, could be the worst personnel move under Ted.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Still think he alone could have been the difference in us making the SB last year and not. I believe if he had been on the team, we would have ended up with a better regular season record and HFA.

Letting him go when he was so cheap, could be the worst personnel move under Ted.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I might derail this topic, but this really interests me. I am not arguing your point, but I am curious how James Jones could have won us one (or more) games when we had two WR over 90 receptions and both over 1,000 yards and I think 25 TD's between them.

UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago

It gave us luck before so here I go again...

The glass half full:

* Rodgers. Some years ago when Joe Montana was playing for the KC chiefs I wondered what would happen if you transplanted his brain to a young body. Now I know.

* The DL. Yes, the DL!. Daniels and Raji are a force, they are good against the run and they are creating pressure, this is the first time our defense creates pressure from the line and not from some exotic blitz package.

* Mr James Jones. He has put his hand in every single ball thrown to him so far. But not only that, he is getting yards after the catch. Quite impressive for a guy that "couldn't make" the Giants roster.

* Randall Cobb. He is the oxygen the offense needs. There's always a play for Cobb when you need it and those plays always work. Cobb is very smart, I think as bad as Jordy's injury was it is helping highlight what Cobb can do.

* Corey Linsley. Adjusting things at the line now, we got gold with the pick of this young guy.

* Tom Clemments. For the first time in my life I'm not being able to predict every single play we run.

The glass half empty:

* Kansas City. Yes, the Chiefs. They played such a horrible gameplan in the first half that I really don't know how good we are. Andy Reid had a terrible game.

* D. Bakthiari. One of my favorite players as I watched him playing at Colorado. But he has struggled a lot in the first 3 games. Not only he is beaten on the side now he is getting pushed towards Rodgers in many plays. He needs to get his head clear.

* M.McCarthy. We all hated to see the chiefs getting yards effortless in the 2nd half. When we are much better than the opp I would like a decisive victory. Stashing points and then just relaxing can be costly. I don't want any miracle against us this year. No onsides, no hail marys, nothing.

* Julius Peppers. Where are you? The DL is playing a great game, Matthews is playing great, you should be able to do some interesting things. If he starts to make plays I think our defense will finally work for real.

Let's go visit our nemesis, Mr Kap.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

Good Post again this week.

Rodgers was his normal self - IMO, not greater than usual, maybe even a little less sharp - and still able to have a game like that. Wow!

Daniels, yes; Raji yes but ..... when he was going all out early in the game, he was a force, but again this week, he seemed to burn out quickly and then disappear.

Peppers may finally be getting old. Instead of getting there, he is just coming close. Maybe he realizes that he faded late in the season last year and is kinda saving himself. I hope it's that.

Cobb and Jones keep amazing me too. I should never have been negative about signing Jones. I was not negative about re-signing Cobb, but his strength and durability as well as the speed we knew, make him even better than I had hoped.

The O Line in general, not necessarily Linsley, were sub-par, but not enough to make a difference with Aaron Rodgers as QB.

I'll put Lacy in the half full side too. Even with the ankle injury, he cut better than usual and showed decent speed.

Clement/McCarthy, who knows which is behind a lot of the decision making. I would put the glass right in the middle for both of them. We won, that is the bottom line. We wasted time outs and thus couldn't challenge a spot that ultimately cost us a TD by KC, and we got too cautious on that series late in the game and gave them back the ball.

Kansas City did indeed get out-coached. I was dreading seeing Charles run wild against us, and at times he did. However, they relied too much on their decent QB instead of their Great RB. Of course, a lot of that had to do with 31-7 and 38-14. Even early, though, they failed to use Charles as much as I was afraid they would.

Yeah, Mr. Kap. What are we gonna do? Sell out to stop his running and risk that he passes like he did that one game against us? I suppose so, and I don't like the chances for success of that. Fortunately, we should be able to outscore their depleted D.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago

I might derail this topic, but this really interests me. I am not arguing your point, but I am curious how James Jones could have won us one (or more) games when we had two WR over 90 receptions and both over 1,000 yards and I think 25 TD's between them.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I believe it comes down to the upgrade Jones would have been over Boykin/Adams especially in the red zone, which ended up a weakness of the team last year. I think with Jones we would have beaten Buffalo for sure, and probably NO also.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (8h) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (8h) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (8h) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (8h) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (9h) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.