Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

According to former National Security Agency (NSA) analyst Russell Tice, millions of Americans are being spied on . Tice, who worked for the NSA as an analyst for nearly 20 years, said in an interview conducted by MSNBC that NSA had access to all Americans communications, faxes, phone calls, and their computer communications, regardless of their location or whether or not they made foreign communications.

During that time, the Bush administration repeatedly assured Americans that only calls to and from foreign nations might be subject to monitoring in the effort to prevent terrorist attacks like 9/11.

Even though all communications from all Americans were potentially intercepted, in interviews Tice says that even though the Agency has the best computers, its impossible to monitor every single American directly. Instead, he said they look at the metadata, the signaling data for communications and ferret that information to determine what communications would ultimately be collected.

Here is the first interview:
[youtube]NDVJiAFVdZ8[/youtube]

Here is the second interview (watch it after the first).
[youtube]ABp60KLxpqc[/youtube]
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Here is an ABC interview with Mr. Tice from last September, in which he says that from the beginning of an agent's career, it's drilled into your head as one of the "Ten Commandments" that you don't spy on Americans:

[youtube]Zzckc8cCmSM[/youtube]
UserPostedImage
TheEngineer
15 years ago
Not surprised in the least about all of this. Though I wonder to what extent foreign communications are recorded, such as say, forum messages from non Americans.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
I don't know, but since the NSA explicitly records all email transmissions between the United States and the Middle East, I no longer correspond with my Iraqi friends -- for their sake and mine -- even though that means I don't know how well they're doing. It frustrates me that I have to be more afraid of my own country than of this country's true enemies.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
One last video, this time an ABC interview with the original whistleblower, an AT&T contract technician who discovered the secret room the NSA was building in their offices:

[youtube]hZ0A45rM9sE[/youtube]

It still sickens me that our Congress gave the telecommunications companies amnesty for this.
UserPostedImage
TheEngineer
15 years ago
I think this is the way of the future, with the prevalence of peer to peer direct communications from mobiles, mail, the internet, and no doubt, we'll develop portable devices such that internet connectivity and telephony will be built into previously single-use devices (e.g. fridges).

There's just too much risk in not monitoring these avenues for communication. I think unfortunately people will just have to accept that their communications will be monitored, or at least filtered for national security risks.
blank
Cheesey
15 years ago
Think about it........now there are video cameras all over our highways. They can monitor anything.......phones, computer, anything.
Look at "Google Earth"........look how far you can zoom in. You can see cars very clearly. Now.......if we as a people can see that from a satelite, you KNOW that the government can zoom it in to where they can see you, your license plate, and so on. "Big brother" really IS watching us.

Here is a story that was told to me by a friend. A friend of his had taken out a VERY large amount of money from his bank. He put it in his trunk in a bag. He's driving down the highway, when he is pulled over by cops, with guns drawn. They take him out of his car, and he asks WHY he's been pulled over. They ask him "Why do you have 25 thousand dollars in your car?" He looks puzzled, and ask them "How in the heck do you know how much money i have in my car?" They tell him "The strip embeded in the bills tell them how much is there." He of course was cleared when they contacted his bank.
There is SO much they know about us that we don't realize. What food do you buy? If you use a store card for discounts, or a credit card, they know just what you buy with the UPC codes.
This has been going on for years. People are just realizing it now. This is not anything new.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
I would far rather be free than safe. In a time of true national crisis (this War on Terrorism hardly qualifies), I'd place infinitely more trust in a well-armed populace as guaranteed by the Second Amendment than my supposedly benevolent government. One of the reasons Hitler never invaded Switzerland was that, then as now, the government relies primarily on the militia model for national defense, issuing all able-bodied men a fully automatic assault weapon and 72 rounds of ammunition (which must be kept sealed) and mandating that they demonstrate proficiency with their weapon at least yearly. If Hitler, with his powerful standing army, didn't think it was worth the risk to invade this tiny country that bordered Germany, why should an immense, well-armed nation like ours, with the highest rate of gun ownership in the world, fear a bunch of tribal insurgents who have no capability -- and little if any desire -- to invade the United States in any meaningful sense of the word?
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
15 years ago
On one side, you knew this would happen eventually, maybe just not that early. On the other side, for a country build on freedom ('Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.' - Benjamin Franklin), this has quite some impact.

It makes you wonder where they'll stop. I mean, will there be an uproar about this or will we eventually life in countrys that go more to police states?
4PackGirl
15 years ago

Think about it........now there are video cameras all over our highways. They can monitor anything.......phones, computer, anything.
Look at "Google Earth"........look how far you can zoom in. You can see cars very clearly. Now.......if we as a people can see that from a satelite, you KNOW that the government can zoom it in to where they can see you, your license plate, and so on. "Big brother" really IS watching us.

Here is a story that was told to me by a friend. A friend of his had taken out a VERY large amount of money from his bank. He put it in his trunk in a bag. He's driving down the highway, when he is pulled over by cops, with guns drawn. They take him out of his car, and he asks WHY he's been pulled over. They ask him "Why do you have 25 thousand dollars in your car?" He looks puzzled, and ask them "How in the heck do you know how much money i have in my car?" They tell him "The strip embeded in the bills tell them how much is there." He of course was cleared when they contacted his bank.
There is SO much they know about us that we don't realize. What food do you buy? If you use a store card for discounts, or a credit card, they know just what you buy with the UPC codes.
This has been going on for years. People are just realizing it now. This is not anything new.

"Cheesey" wrote:

sorry to say this but the cop wasn't entirely truthful with your friend. more likely, the bank contacted the authorities because they were concerned for your friends safety. depending on his age, a bank is required by law to contact police when an elderly person is acting strange &/or withdrawing a large sum of money. banks are also required to file SAR's suspicious activity reports - pretty self explanatory. there are many reasons for banks to report certain activities to authorities - mostly because of fraud &/or safety issues.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.