Smokey
9 years ago
I hear so many say that they hope that this player or that player improves. I hear that this player or that player is a project. Draft and Develop ? Perhaps the Green Bay Developers would be a more accurate name. [biggrin]
UserPostedImage
Porforis
9 years ago

I hear so many say that they hope that this player or that player improves. I hear that this player or that player is a project. Draft and Develop ? Perhaps the Green Bay Developers would be a more accurate name. [biggrin]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

I know, right? Let's just stop drafting players and hope and pray that the players we keep and free agents we sign all stay at the same talent level or regress.
warhawk
9 years ago

Yeah, we had a couple of games like that. I didn't say Rodgers plus a shitty D wins; I said Rodgers plus an average D wins. We have that average D now, and I could see it getting a little bit better with draft picks, etc. We are not in a hole; We are between very decent and great all around - like I said, average or slightly above on D.

I just question the premise of the article that draft and develop would have gotten us there if not for AARON RODGERS.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

I have to disagree with the last part. Aaron Rodgers is the gold star example of draft and develop. If he had not had a few years behind Favre and thrown into the fire like Alex Smith there is no telling how he would have turned out. The fact nearly every other team will not wait to get a QB in the game before they are ready has ruined a lot of careers. By all accounts Rodgers was not ready but you can bet your buns he would have been put in, ready or not, by nearly any other team that had taken him.

The part about the D I agree with. I don't understand the gloom and doom of some here when you look back at the progress the D made last year. Oh, but they are going to get torched in the passing game. Really? Why? They lost Tramon Williams. Is that the end of the world? The ILB's they let go didn't do anything to make the pass D any better. They aren't the key players in pass defense anyhow with one coming off on passing downs.

I think the D will see a lot of passes but not because they can't defend it. Opposing teams will face the pressure of keeping up with the best O in the NFL and I absolutely believe the Packers will continue to try to jump out early to get that lead and take the opposing offense out of their plan. Use your strength to gain an advantage. The Packers ability to score will help the D by making the opposing team one dimensional.

So I agree with you about the defense. I think the Dline improved and got better at their roles and moving Clay around definately caused issues. I don't look at that as a personnel problem but as something that worked so you go with what works. Game 9 thru the playoffs I take that D all day long. Easily good enough to take home the Lombardi.

"The train is leaving the station."
Smokey
9 years ago
All players must learn the playbook of a new team. But needing to learn the fundamentals of a given position is altogether is yet another thing. Having to develop to a level that could have been drafted is just plain TT.

I can say it, can't you, Ted Thompson is just a damn cheap SOB. His system depends upon luck and then only paying as little as he can get away with for players. As it stands the coaches must train and develop underdeveloped players to compete with world class athletes. The 2015 Packers secondary is going to get shredded.

UserPostedImage
Porforis
9 years ago

All players must learn the playbook of a new team. But needing to learn the fundamentals of a given position is altogether is yet another thing. Having to develop to a level that could have been drafted is just plain TT.

I can say it, can't you, Ted Thompson is just a damn cheap SOB. His system depends upon luck and then only paying as little as he can get away with for players. As it stands the coaches must train and develop underdeveloped players to compete with world class athletes. The 2015 Packers secondary is going to get shredded.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

If you're lucky enough to luck your way into one of the top 5 teams in the league and top in your division nearly year in and year out, why wouldn't you rely on luck?
nerdmann
9 years ago

And then go into the playoffs as one of the favorites to go to Super Bowl? That sounds pretty good to me!

Or would you prefer they go on a hot streak to start the year and then shit themselves in December?

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

I'd like them to be consistent.

I'm sick of them getting 1-2 games behind the Vikings or Detroit for the division. Or having to travel to Seattle for the playoffs.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
PackerTraxx
9 years ago
Define "shredded".
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
QCHuskerFan
9 years ago

I'd like them to be consistent.

I'm sick of them getting 1-2 games behind the Vikings or Detroit for the division. Or having to travel to Seattle for the playoffs.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Consistent like the Jaguars? Or Oakland? Or the Redskins, Buffalo, or any number of other teams that hasn't sniffed the playoffs this decade?

Fans of probably 28 other teams would trade reproductive organs to have our long term success. Why can't we appreciate what we have?
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (8h) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (8h) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (8h) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (8h) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (13h) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (19h) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-May / Around The NFL / bboystyle

27-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.