Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Though maybe one argument for not trading back is that the Seahawks and Patriots right behind the Packers might have some similar needs.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Saints and Patriots. πŸ™‚ Although your point stands 100%.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago
I'm predicting that if Ted doesn't trade out of the 1st rnd, it's because he couldn't find a trade partner, if that happens Ted will draft a skill player on offense.

BAP, rb,WR or TE.

Of all the mock drafts I've seen and all the drafts I have ran on First Pick, the BPA has almost always been 1 of those 3.
YES Texas Melvin Gordan has been there many Times.

Best scenario is for Ted to be able to trade down at least once, to get to the players The Packers need(imho).

There only ONE certain come. Draft day.

Our resident Debbie Downer will disagree with every pick Ted makes!

πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
beast
9 years ago

Saints and Patriots. πŸ™‚ Although your point stands 100%.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

good point :whipitgoo

Forgot about the Saints getting the pick. And really a number of teams in the 2nd probably have the Packers needs as well... then again Packers needs are basically all defensive positions other than maybe Safety... wow how fast that changed, most needed position to least needed defensive position. Well 3-4 DE might be less needed, but DL in general can be upgraded.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
9 years ago
Have to watch Free Agency closely because until the dust settles there it's hard to say what teams will do draft day. I could see a very good CB there for example considering some very good one's hit FA and have been signed and Tramon still out there if he doesn't resign with the Packers.

There's a few good ones projected to go higher than #30 but this is how players fall thru the cracks and are sitting there that were projected to go earlier. FA changes teams priorities just like it has for us. CB has obviously risen up the list for our defense but has dropped down the list for teams that have taken care of that in FA.

If it's true that the scuttle is the talent drops after 16 to 18 who would want to trade with us and pay a price to get #30? The only scenario I can see is a player of value to another team is still there that is not of the same value to us AND there is no other player there worth that pick in Ted's view either.

So I see the so called lack of talent in the back half of the 1st round hurting the trade options for Ted in round 1. I just hope the trend continues that a name is on the board most all thought would be long gone and they play a position where we could use the help.
"The train is leaving the station."
steveishere
9 years ago
I haven't followed the draft prospects as much as I usually do this year but from what I have seen it doesn't look very good in the 1st round range for ILB or CBs. If we use our 1st rounder I wouldn't expect them to come from either of those positions.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
9 years ago

Of course it takes two to trade and if everyone grades players the same, why would there ever be any trades at all? Who said everyone thinks there only 16 first round grade worthy players? I cited one GM does and whom worked with the Packers and Ted Thompson so it is reasonable to assume they have somewhat similar grades on players. You're basically suggesting that 32 GM's are moderately in agreement. Think about that for a second and look at how many trades went down yesterday, lol.

I guess what I'm saying is your first point is bogus. :magnifygl πŸ˜„

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Hey, that's what I'm here for.

PH needs a bit of bogusitude from time to time. dink

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
beast
9 years ago

I'm predicting that if Ted doesn't trade out of the 1st rnd, it's because he couldn't find a trade partner, if that happens Ted will draft a skill player on offense.

BAP, rb,WR or TE.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Who knows how it will turn out... but my guess is that Thompson won't be drafting RB or WR in the first 45 overall picks. Maybe TE Maxx Williams if he's available. But I think Thompson will be picking for defense.

Thompson has used 10 first round picks, of those half were either DL or edge rushers (3-4 OLB) which are basically DL especially in nickel/dime packages which most teams play most these day in this passing era.

With this draft looking like it has a lot of DTs and edge rushers up top and then a drop off later, I'm guessing Ted Thompson will draft one DL/edge rusher in the first two rounds (especially with the offense basically set (other than back-up RB and maybe TE for the next two seasons). Of course a CB or ILB could be in the mix as needed positions, especially since CB is such an important one.

Just a guess.

UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

BAP, rb,WR or TE.

Of all the mock drafts I've seen and all the drafts I have ran on First Pick, the BPA has almost always been 1 of those 3.
YES Texas Melvin Gordan has been there many Times.

Best scenario is for Ted to be able to trade down at least once, to get to the players The Packers need(imho).

There only ONE certain come. Draft day.

Our resident Debbie Downer will disagree with every pick Ted makes!

πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

You don't mean me, do you? I'm generally an optimist about everybody not named Raji hahahaha. As soon as somebody gets pick by the Packers, I subconsciously start finding reasons to think positive about the guy. Much as I would absolutely love to have the Packers get Gordon, there are too many other teams likely to take him for me to be optimistic - New England and Philly, both of whom lost their top RBs, Dallas which very well might lose theirs (I wouldn't mind too much if Gordon went to my second favorite team), even the Vikings - heaven forbid.

Assuming we lose Tramon in addition to House, it seems like a slam dunk to me that we draft a Corner first and probably a ILB in the second round.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Hey, that's what I'm here for.

PH needs a bit of bogusitude from time to time. dink

Originally Posted by: Wade 

lol sorry bud I just think any premise that indicates all GM's agree on as I implied from what you said is just bogus. If were true then there wouldn't be any draft day trades ever. Who knows, maybe THAT thought is bogus?

The last time the Packers had the 30th selection they traded it to the Jets for the Jets' second- and fourth-round selections (No. 36 and 113).

36th selection was Jordy Nelson and the 113th selection was traded to Jets along with pick 162 overall for New York's pick in round 4 (102) which was used to draft Jeremy Thompson.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago
Was not referencing you.
I agree CB and ILB are top priority at this time.
As others have said things may change.
That is why I am hoping Ted trades out.
I don't want him "reaching" for a CB or ILB at 30.
This is said to be a very deep draft.
There will be plenty of talented players available, the more picks Ted can acquire, the better the chance he gets a repeat of the last 2 years.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: β€œGot in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
13m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

27m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright Β© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comβ„’. All Rights Reserved.