MintBaconDrivel
9 years ago

HEY, HEY, YEAH YOU!!! GO MAKE YOUR NFL PICKS!

Click Chat  to chat during the game with fellow fans!

Green Bay Packers ( 3 - 2 )
[list]Total Offense = 28th
Passing Offense = 18th
Rushing Offense = 25th

Total Defense = 22nd
Passing Defense = 6th
Rushing Defense = 32nd

Points For = 26.8 (7th)
Points Against = 21.2 (11th)[/list]
UserPostedImage

Miami Dolphins ( 2 - 2 )
[list]
  • Total Offense = 15th
  • Passing Offense = 23rd
  • Rushing Offense = 5th

• Total Defense = 7th
  • Passing Defense = 9th
  • Rushing Defense = 13th

• Points For = 24.0 (19th)
  • Points Against = 24.2 (19th)[/list]
  • UserPostedImage
    Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
    UserPostedImage
    mi_keys
    9 years ago
    We're actually tied with San Fran on points allowed per game at 10th (both are 21.2 with 106 total points conceded).
    Born and bred a cheesehead
    Zero2Cool
    9 years ago
    Passer Rating Differential

Packers + 40.1
    [list]
  • Offense 110.6
  • Defense 70.5[/list]

• Dolphins - 4.0
    [list]
  • Offense 81.2
  • Defense 85.2[/list]

• Packers 20
    Dolphins 27
    UserPostedImage
    steveishere
    9 years ago
    I don't know if anyone here is familiar with DVOA from Football outsiders but it's a ranking system that I like. They do a pretty good job.
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff 

Packers:
    Offense: 8 Passing: 9 Rushing: 20
    Defense: 18 Passing: 8 Rushing: 23

Dolphins:
    Offense: 20 Passing: 23 Rushing: 9
    Defense: 7 Passing: 11 Rushing: 9

I don't think these are updated from this weekends games but I'll change it when they are. Miami didn't play this weekend so they probably won't change much.

I don't expect this to be a super easy game mostly because they have a decent defense it seems like and a head coach that is very familiar with our offensive scheme. They don't have a ton of very scary offensive weapons but they can run the ball a bit. Their best player is Cameron Wake and he's a beast so Bulaga will have to be on his game. They've been up and down so far this year like us but this is a very winnable game for GB.
    buckeyepackfan
    9 years ago
    Looking at The Dolphins 1st 4 games, they put up big numbers week 1 against The Patriots, then again in week 4 against The Raiders.

The Patriots were a mess going into the season, The Raiders are just a complete mess.

Knowshan Moreno had 150+ yds the 1st week was injured and hasn't played since.

Lamar Miller went over 100 in a loss against The Chiefs, he has taken over the rb duties.

Mike Wallace is their #1 wr threat, he is pretty talented but nobody The Packers db's can't handle.

Tannehill hasn't put up 300 yds in any game.

I see this game being close the 1st half, but The Packers should pull away in the 2nd half.

Road games are tough to win, this is one The Packers need to get back to :500 (2-2), in road games.

Packers 31 Dolphins 17
    I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
    beast
    9 years ago
    I think it could be interesting going up against a Joe Philbin team.

I remember reading stories about during the week, when they really wanted to test he offense/Rodgers they would give Philbin control of the defense (maybe the scout defense) and he'd make it tougher for the Packers offense to see if they'd click.

So Philbin might know Rodgers, MM, scheme and how to best call plays against it better than most. (other than you know copy the Lions, which other teams may or may not have the DL to do that).
    UserPostedImage
    texaspackerbacker
    9 years ago
    Were the last two weeks flukes? I don't think so; In fact, I think the Packers are capable of playing a lot better yet.

Is Miami good enough to come closer than the Bears and Vikings? I doubt it.

Packers 38-13.
    Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
    If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
    Smokey
    9 years ago
    Miami's Defence is better than most think and their coach knows the Packers. The Packers Defence should be able to hold the Miami Offense to a mild disturbance.

Green Bay - 24

Miami - 15

UserPostedImage
    OlHoss1884
    9 years ago
    The problem for me with this game is that I am not sure which Miami team is going to show up. Before the season, Tex said something that I think still holds true...it's more about whether we play well or make a bunch of mistakes. I think we're a better team, and we're starting to play like it, but against a decent team on the road after their bye they could pull the upset. I think we win in a close one 24-21.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
    Smokey
    9 years ago
    UserPostedImage

Alright, who ordered the Cheesecake !

UserPostedImage
    Users browsing this topic
      Fan Shout
      Zero2Cool (1h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
      Zero2Cool (2h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
      Zero2Cool (2h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
      Zero2Cool (2h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
      Mucky Tundra (2h) : 4th
      Zero2Cool (2h) : because he's 1st
      Mucky Tundra (4h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
      Martha Careful (5h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
      beast (9h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
      beast (9h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
      Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
      Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
      Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
      Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
      Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
      beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
      beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
      Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
      Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
      Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
      Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
      buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
      buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
      Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
      Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
      Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
      TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
      Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
      Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
      Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
      dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
      dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
      Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
      Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
      earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
      beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
      dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
      dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
      Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
      Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
      Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
      dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
      dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
      Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
      Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
      Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
      packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
      Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
      Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
      Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
      Please sign in to use Fan Shout
      2023 Packers Schedule
      Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
      Bears
      Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
      Falcons
      Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
      SAINTS
      Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
      LIONS
      Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
      Raiders
      Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
      Broncos
      Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
      VIKINGS
      Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
      RAMS
      Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
      Steelers
      Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
      CHARGERS
      Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
      Lions
      Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
      CHIEFS
      Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
      Giants
      Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
      BUCCANEERS
      Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
      Panthers
      Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
      Vikings
      Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
      BEARS
      Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
      Cowboys
      Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
      49ers
      Recent Topics
      2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
      Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.