Smokey
9 years ago
Once upon a time , teams formulated game plans . They trusted their GB's to call the plays based on that plan and any halftime adjustments. The QB got real time feedback from the players on the field and from what he was seeing. He would know that a CB could not keep up or cover a certain pass pattern. He could see that his left guard could not block an opposing D-lineman. Then the QB would call plays that fit the rhythm of a drive and took advantage of the real time on the field nuances. It would be a beautiful thing to see defences, ready to stop a 1st down run, getting burned for 15 yds as a TE caught a pass on a downfield hashmark. To see a defence blitz on 3rd down, only to be outsmarted by a "draw' play.

I believe that Aaron Rodgers is savvy enough to listen to the speaker in his helmet or disregard it entirely . He would know whether a Receiver can beat his coverage in a certain pattern or not. He would know if his line just can't open the hole on the right side for the RB to hit. I say give Aaron Rodgers the flexibility and respect he has earned , let him call the plays on the field. After all, it is still 11 players facing 11 players, and not a battle of statistical data.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago

I believe that Aaron Rodgers is savvy enough to listen to the speaker in his helmet or disregard it entirely . He would know whether a Receiver can beat his coverage in a certain pattern or not. He would know if his line just can't open the hole on the right side for the RB to hit. I say give Aaron Rodgers the flexibility and respect he has earned , let him call the plays on the field. After all, it is still 11 players facing 11 players, and not a battle of statistical data.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

I would say that Aaron already audibles out of every normal play in order force it deep to Jordy, or hold the ball for 8.5, attempting to do so.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Rockmolder
9 years ago

I would say that Aaron already audibles out of every normal play in order force it deep to Jordy, or hold the ball for 8.5, attempting to do so.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Or statwhore. Of course you know all this, because you're a high ranking member of the Green Bay Packers organization and generally listen in on the huddle and at the LoS.

he has not played well in the last 5 games that matter, including playoffs, or the preseason.

ill relax when out 100 million dollar QB starts playing like it.

Originally Posted by: Laser Gunns 

The man shows absolutely amazing play for years. Even while the offense can't get going, with an abysmal O-line (with Bulaga gone), the running game isn't getting anywhere and he's lost his number 1 and number 3 receiver the last two years, he still puts up a statline that every second QB would with he'd had.

I'm with you on that he hasn't looked as sharp as he has been in the past. Especially last week he missed some passes that he'd normally hit. Against the Jets, though, he looked excellent.

And if you truly want to go back 5 games, he didn't look that bad against the Bears last year, either.

I say we give him a little more time before we panic.
TheKanataThrilla
9 years ago

i like coach, but i think aaron sees the talent in front of him and knows what these guys can do, i think its time aaron takes the bull by the horns and runs with it, let him have the freedom that a peyton manning has!!

Originally Posted by: nyrpack 

To me the best no-huddle is when the Bills ran it out of the K-Gun. Kelly called the plays and ran one of the most exciting offenses I have ever seen. My concern is this offense never paid off in the big game. If the offense goes to shit the defence is often on the field too long much like we saw in the Detroit game.

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
16h / Around The NFL / bboystyle

24-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.