MontanaBob
13 years ago
Don't trust your travel agent to give you accurate information if you are planning a trip outside your immediate area. My wife and I were at a restaurant in Missoula last Sunday evening and this was the conversation we overheard from the next table and the waiter. A family was seated there at it was obvious they were bummed out and upset.

Father: "I just don't understand why they closed the ski resort this early. God, look at the snow up there. It was almost up to the bottom of the chairs on the chair lift. The travel agent said it was great skiing."

Mother: "I know, all that money we paid for the trip and now we can't ski."

So, this goes on for a few minutes and the waiter comes up to take their order. They ask him why Missoula SnowBowl is closed as well as Big Mountain in Whitefish.

Waiter: "Well, have you ever heard of Ursus Horribilus?"

Family: "No...what's that?"

Waiter: "Where are you guys from?"

Dad: " Georgia."

Waiter: "Ok, that explains it. This time of year the Grizzly bears are waking up from a long winters nap, and they are hungry and mean as hell.
And....SnowBowl and Big Mountain are sitting right in prime Grizzly habitat.
Most of the winter the skiiers are shoosing right over sleeping Grizzlies and they don't even know it."

Teenage Boy in Family: "Wow. That would be so cool to see a Grizzly Bear for real."

Waiter: "No..it wouldn't be cool because you would probably be their first meal in 5 months."

Family looks shocked at this. Dad looks over at me and asks if what the waiter is saying is true. My wife gives me a good kick in the shins under the table as she knows I'm going to give them some smart-ass answer.

"Yep. You don't want to be around when the bears are coming out of hibernation. That could be a very dangerous situation to get yourself in."

That's what I said to save my ass..........what I really would have liked to say was...." No, He's full of shit. You go up there and telemark all over the place. There's no bears up there or anywhere near here."

Man........the older I get, the nastier I get. Love it!

(BTW... there are at least 35 known Grizzlies in the SnowBowl Basin area, and at least twice that many at Big Mountain.)
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Formo
13 years ago
I wrestle hungry grizzlies just for fun.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
DakotaT
13 years ago

"Formo" wrote:

Stuffed animals don't count, Kelso.
UserPostedImage
Formo
13 years ago

"DakotaT" wrote:

Stuffed animals don't count, Kelso.

"Formo" wrote:

Funny you say that. My wife has been hooked on That 70's Show on Netflix and we are in the 4th season now. She agrees with you that if I would be anyone on that show, it would be Kelso.

Anyway, I think in season 1 or 2, the Christmas episode, there's this cute little scene between Kelso and Red.. Where Red wouldn't let Kelso... Ahh Hell.. This episode:
[youtube]qDRmqrH2mz4[/youtube]
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
DakotaT
13 years ago
Just don't go thinking your man pretty or anyting.

And Bob, when's that water coming?
UserPostedImage
MontanaBob
13 years ago
Ok DakotaT.. the water is holding back until you least expect it. We've had a cold spring...........actually lots of snow and cold temps, so the expected flood is pushed back a few weeks. Just keep watching the weather reports and when it hits 65 to 70 degrees in Glascow Mt you're in for a rocking good time along the Missouri.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
Unbelievable Bob.

What one or two less Georgians anyhow? Do they even contribute to the GDP?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
Why would anyone want to Ski in Montana when they can go to Colorado?
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
I have repeated this story (at last in part) so many times I can not remember. Well I probably couldn't remember if it was only one time but that is beside the point.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (3h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (4h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (5h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (7h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (7h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (11h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (11h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.