IronMan
9 years ago

What I have a problem with is declaring the season over, might as well pack up and go home after 1 stinking game

Originally Posted by: macbob 

What I have a problem with is when people accuse fans of saying the season is over, when not one person has said that.

This is similar to what I used to put up with in the gameday chat room. Rodgers would throw a bad pass...I say "Horrible pass" then someone replies with, "So you want to cut Aaron Rodgers after one bad pass?"

So, per usual, the fans who are upset are not the ones who are overrecting. Fans like yourself are the ones who are overreacting to normal anger/frustration after a loss.

DoddPower
9 years ago

So, per usual, the fans who are upset are not the ones who are overrecting. Fans like yourself are the ones who are overreacting to normal anger/frustration after a loss.

Originally Posted by: IronMan 

I disagree with this. It's not that simple, and never is in life. There are clearly people overreacting on both sides. That's completely obvious to me. As almost always is the case, the truth or reality lies somewhere in the middle. The Packers are a good team, despite being embarrassed Week 1. Are they an "elite" team or as good as the likes of San Francisco or the Seahawks? Probably not. Neither are most teams in the league today. That is a problem, and I absolutely agree with that. But they are still a good team and anything can happen over the next few months.

The Packers need to improve. Somehow. Most of us have known that for some time. How many here truly thought the Packers defense would be really good this season? I certainly didn't, and I know I'm not alone. But they are still one of the better teams in the league. The sky isn't falling, but it's also not a complete disaster.

I would have liked to see a few more and/or different things done in the offseason, but that's the case almost every single season. There always seems to be an incredibly obvious weakness or two that the Packers don't address very well. It's frustrating because it's often things that seem reasonable to address. Either way, there are still going to be some great moments this season, and I'm personally going to enjoy them. I don't expect the Packers to win the Super Bowl this season, but there's not much I can do to change that. I'm going to try to get the most entertainment I can out of this season and hope things somehow work themselves out this season or the off season. I'm not going to stop watching the games because there are clearly a couple better teams in the NFL. I'll let the guys that get paid millions of dollars to deal with that stress bear the burden.
hardrocker950
9 years ago

If the personnel can't be addressed adequately, then the coaches are going to have to adjust their game plans to minimize our weak areas and maximize our strengths.

Originally Posted by: macbob 

This is where I am the most disappointed. A coach is paid to maximize productivity from what is available. As with any team - you won't find a team that is top talent across the board, but you will find teams that don't let these shortcomings destroy them on a regular basis. If you need to bring in someone else that can get it done - DO IT! If you need to put a different guy out there because "your guy" is failing - DO IT!

The sky is indeed not falling - but things could get ugly if some plans are not in the works to fix this running lane right down the middle of the field. This weekend would be a good opportunity to try something different against a decent ground attack. I would rather see them work out the bugs early, as opposed to another spanking in the postseason.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

The Packers need to improve. Somehow. Most of us have known that for some time. How many here truly thought the Packers defense would be really good this season? I certainly didn't, and I know I'm not alone. But they are still one of the better teams in the league. The sky isn't falling, but it's also not a complete disaster.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

This is it right here. If fans with very little or no football experience (HS and college don't count) can see the short comings on this team especially the defense why can't the coaches and GM? Are they "satisfied" with who they bring in during the off season? Are the satisfied with the schemes they draw up? Something is wrong somewhere. I don't expect Uncle Teddy or Mike to call any of us up and tell us why they have to leave glaring weaknesses in key positions year after year after year but it gets a little frustrating when they don't seem to be in any hurry to correct it. Or even act like they can see it.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
9 years ago
Well, I'm not a sky-is-falling person. What I believe is that this is a team that lacks the requisite will. I predicted a 6-10 season earlier, and I stick with that.

Perhaps I'm just spoiled because I grew up in the 60s. Perhaps I'm just spoiled because those years told me it wasn't just striving to find ways to score more points than the other guy. Because those years, and those teams, told me that it was about striving to dominate the other guy for 60 minutes. Because those years told me that gridiron success was not about finessing the other guy, or avoiding mistakes, or minimizing the effects of injuries. It was about imposing your will on the other guy.

I look at the Packers and I see an underachieving top ten team. I want an overachieving top five team.

Will.

Even the greatest Packer teams had bad games. Okay, I'll admit that. So maybe the Seahawk game was this year's mulligan game.

But I don't buy it.

This is not a team (front office, coaches, players) that is ready to dominate for 60 minutes.

This is a team that, for whatever reason, has yet to develop the necessary will.

And until it does, I'm going to keep pissing and whining.

So get used to it.

Will.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
TheKanataThrilla
9 years ago

Well, I look at the Packers and I see an underachieving top ten team.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

I have felt that way for a long time, even in the Favre days. We rarely if ever win a game we are not suppose to win and lose a fair share of those where I believe we have superior talent. Is that coaching? Mental Toughness? We're soft? I don't know, but I wish somebody will admit that we need to step up against the top teams instead this playing not to lose like we tend to do.
DoddPower
9 years ago

And until it does, I'm going to keep pissing and whining.

So get used to it.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

I think most of us would expect no less. [aiee] [boxing] [duh] [boxing]
macbob
9 years ago

What I have a problem with is when people accuse fans of saying the season is over, when not one person has said that.

This is similar to what I used to put up with in the gameday chat room. Rodgers would throw a bad pass...I say "Horrible pass" then someone replies with, "So you want to cut Aaron Rodgers after one bad pass?"

Originally Posted by: IronMan 

Ironman--first, that comment was not aimed at any of your posts.

Your perspective of posts in multiple threads since the opening game debacle differ from mine.

Or maybe I'm just reading the wrong threads (this one; Player 2 Player Observations; Told you so (2014 wk 1 vs seattle), etc).

You may not interpret comments such as the one below to be saying the season is over, but I do. And that's only one of the posts:

There is no sense just writing this off on some fantasy land belief that this Packers team is going to do something this year. Another one and done would look good and be the ceiling for this outfit. I'm really hoping they suck it up so badly that it all gets blown up and we can start fresh with a whole new staff minus MM.

So, the fans being upset are not the ones overreacting? Wow.

FYI, I AM upset that we got our asses pounded by the Seahawks; I'm going to be more upset if we lose to the Jets; and beating the Jets won't wipe out the sting from getting humiliated in the season opener.

I think how people are reacting to that sting may be a generational thing, depending on whether or not they suffered through the 70s & 80s (I did), when the Packers were among the bottom feeders in the NFL. A .500 season was the ceiling. Making the playoffs??? Hah!

After those 20 years of suckitude, I've greatly appreciated the last 20+ years of winning seasons, making the playoffs, having an opportunity to compete in the post season to represent the NFC in the SB, and being considered one of the elite teams in the NFL.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
9 years ago

I would like to add that I have generally enjoyed visiting these forums over the years, but lately things have seemed to get very nasty. It seems there are those who simply cannot be happy unless the Packers are the best team in the league. Anything short of a trip to the superbowl and we're miserable (one and done, blah blah). Guess what: the Packers are probably not the best team in the league this year, and that doesn't mean that heads should roll. We have been spoiled as Packers fans with years of success that some teams' fan bases can only dream of. No, our team is not perfect, but basing our happiness in life on how the Packers do is no way to live. The amount of anger and vitriol shown by some over this game makes me think that you are taking this form of entertainment waaaay too seriously.

So, please everyone, learn to *enjoy* your team, even if they don't win every game. We are blessed to be able to watch players like Aaron and company, and if you're just perpetually pissed, you'll miss all the joy to be had.

Originally Posted by: Mr_Bumpy 

Your post really hit the nail. Testosterone inspired post are however to be expected. Posting our opinions about perceived problems is one of the cornerstones of most forums. Be glad that posters may speak their minds freely here, I came here from a forum where you were accused of spreading lies and inappropriate post if you disagreed with the wrong person. Be happy, but also tolerate others right to complain. Some are more attached to the Packers than others, I can respect that as well as the casual fan too. We debate each other, vent our frustrations, and find time to poke fun as well. For some, the Packers reaching/winning the SB is the top of the mountain. They can go to work for months to come and hold team bragging rights. As all are different, if we all held just one opinion, it would be a real boring world ! [cheers]
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
9 years ago
Good stuff. I'd also like to add that it is important to have other things in life that take priority over football. It is just a game at the end of the day. Some find it difficult to come to terms with the fact that they have no control over how things go in the NFL. Well that's just how it is, so the sooner one can come to terms with that, the better.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Fan Shout
dhazer (1h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (2h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (2h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (18h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (21h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (22h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.