CDNRodgersfan
15 years ago
Well it seems this section of the forum has become pretty much useless, at least for what it was intended and I'll be the first to ask Zero to shut it down and leave it up strictly for posting some stuff as a tribute to the man as you had intended it. I would like to make a final post though to sum up all my feelings and then I feel no need to get involved in these silly arguments again.
Living up here in Canada I use to only get NFL games on a fuzzy Fox station back when they carried some Monday Night Football. In the early 90's we got a full slate a games up here and I was instantly drawn in by the Packers and Brett Favre. HE was the reason football became my passion. Through the years no one has brought me more joy and pain then Brett. After last year I was sure he'd come back but when he retired I was happy he left with all his pride and followers with him although I will admit he did end on a sour note as I have no excuse for his final int but I didn't care as a don't believe one throw ruins his legacy.
When he decided to return I wasn't keen on the idea and it made me sick what went on between the two sides as I still say they're both to blame but I had no problems with the Packer brass wanting to go with Rodgers as it was time to move on. I'll admit I followed Brett to the Jets and watched almost every game but of course my loyalties still stuck with the Packers. I was happy to see him have a great year but to see him tank (yes I said tank) the last month was like watching your old dog slowly die. Injury may be the reason for some poor play but then I believe for the better of the team he should of sat down.
Looking at things now all I wish for him is that he walks away with grace and I think most people like me will still look fondly on him and his career. I for one would love to be there when his name goes in the ring of honour and 5 years later when he's sure to enter the HOF. Maybe it's my carefree nature but I hold no bad will against anyone. Not Brett not Packer management and not even any passionate fans cause a lot of things are said out of passion which in some ways I can respect.
So all I say is cheers to you Brett and I wish you walk away with your health and find the second half of you life even more fulfilling then the first. You will forever be my hero
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
The Brett Favre section has NEVER been for ANYTHING but to honor the career of Brett Favre.

It's not my fault some assholes think its a place to rip/excuse the career of him.
UserPostedImage
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago

The Brett Favre section has NEVER been for ANYTHING but to honor the career of Brett Favre.

It's not my fault some assholes think its a place to rip/excuse the career of him.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I totally agree.. 🙂 GO JETS GO PACKERS
Heathiee
mxchamp004
15 years ago
Nice post Cdn...Favre is also the reason I am a Pack fan...I was born in wisc. but i grew up in Texas, around 8 i started enjoying football and watching Brett.....now i am a huge pack fan and am still waiting to go to my first game..without Brett, i dont know if i would even have ever started watching football.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Cdn - Nice post. I'm probably a bit older than you and all I knew being a Packers fan was losing. heard the stories of the greats in the Lombardi era but it was hard for me to love Bart Starr and Forrest Gregg because all I remember of them was them coaching losing teams.

Then Brett Favre comes along and we're doing something that we only did twice in my life before him - win games. We had '82 and '89 but that was it.

I'll always see him as a Packer, even when I was watching the Jets games. I simply wanted him to throw TD passes to pad his stats, and hopefully win a lot of games to get us a 2nd round draft pick (it didn't happen though).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Greg C.
15 years ago
Excellent post, cdn. I have to admit that I am more bitter than you, and I found it impossible to stick up for Favre this season. I'm not proud of that fact. It's just the way I felt.

Like you, I was caught unaware by the change in the Brett Favre forum. Look back, and you will see plenty of threads that were critical of Favre, some of them begun by Zero himself. But if the NFL News forum is the place to discuss Favre, I'm glad to discuss him here. He is still a part of us, even if he's no longer a Packer. I'm hoping I can feel better about him in a few years when he is inducted into the Packer Hall of Fame.
blank
zombieslayer
15 years ago

Excellent post, cdn. I have to admit that I am more bitter than you, and I found it impossible to stick up for Favre this season. I'm not proud of that fact. It's just the way I felt.

Like you, I was caught unaware by the change in the Brett Favre forum. Look back, and you will see plenty of threads that were critical of Favre, some of them begun by Zero himself. But if the NFL News forum is the place to discuss Favre, I'm glad to discuss him here. He is still a part of us, even if he's no longer a Packer. I'm hoping I can feel better about him in a few years when he is inducted into the Packer Hall of Fame.

"Greg C." wrote:

Brett Favre will have to run over one of my dogs with his tractor for me to not like him.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (44m) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (51m) : For now...
Zero2Cool (1h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (4h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (4h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (7h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (7h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
20m / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.