Mucky Tundra
9 years ago

They have to go through us.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

They've gone through us 4 times in a row on the road, at home and in the playoffs. Hell, we couldn't beat Alex Smith at home!
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
sschind
9 years ago

They've gone through us 4 times in a row on the road, at home and in the playoffs. Hell, we couldn't beat Alex Smith at home!

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

And there was a time when we couldn't beat the cowboys either. Things do change.

Mucky Tundra
9 years ago

And there was a time when we couldn't beat the cowboys either. Things do change.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Yes, we beat the Cowboys after they won 3 Super Bowls, the core of their dynasty declined and after they smacked us around 6 or 7 times in row down in Dallas. Meanwhile, the 49ers team is gonna be around for another couple of years at least and we couldn't beat them in our own house nor in two week 1 matchups having all offseason to prepare. In each of those Dallas games the team learned a lesson or two (albeit very painfully) from their losses to close the gap. Meanwhile when I watch the games vs the 49ers it feels like the only step forward that's been taken is our run game while at other times it seems like Harbaugh is five steps ahead of McCarthy & Co. in terms of game planning and strategy.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
9 years ago
So we've made no progress toward beating SF even though in the last game they won on a last second FG while our D was missing Matthews + 3 or 4 other starters and Rodgers was on his 2nd game coming off a long layoff and Lacy was banged up? Plus who cares we probably wont even play them next year.

It's not like they are obliterating us every game the week 1 game went down to the last drive. So the last 2 were very close games that could have went either way. Actually 3/4 of the losses basically came down to the last drive. If SF really is 5 steps ahead in game planning and strategy those really aren't that impressive of results.
Mucky Tundra
9 years ago

So we've made no progress toward beating SF even though in the last game they won on a last second FG while our D was missing Matthews + 3 or 4 other starters and Rodgers was on his 2nd game coming off a long layoff and Lacy was banged up? Plus who cares we probably wont even play them next year.

It's not like they are obliterating us every game the week 1 game went down to the last drive. So the last 2 were very close games that could have went either way. Actually 3/4 of the losses basically came down to the last drive.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

More or less. The only reason the last one was close was Lacy shortened the game and the TOP. In 3 of the past 4 games vs them they've scored first and control the tempo of the game. The one time we score first was the Shields INT return and guess what, they scored on the next possession. Of the 12 Packer offensive scoring drives in the past 3 games, they've scored on their ensuing possession 8 times. For every punch we throw they immediately counterpunch and take back control of the game. That's superior coaching putting players in a position to succeed. And come on, are you really saying 2012 opener was close? The only reason we got back in that game in the 4th was a blown call by the replacement jugheads on the Cobb punt return for a TD. We've yet to get them on their heels and control the game outside of short stretches. In the past four games, we've only possessed the lead 8 minutes and 45 seconds out of a possible 240 minutes. Or in other words, we've only had a lead 3.6% of time on these guys while the other 96.4% is either us trailing or tied (which doesn't last long). Sorry, I can't look at the final score being close in the final 5 minutes and think we've made a lot progress when they're controlling the game other 55.

If we're not playing the 49ers then we'll be playing the Seahawks or the Giants or whatever. My point still stands, we're gonna have to beat one these teams (or two if we're unlucky) to get back to the Super Bowl and if McCarthy can't get it done, then his future in Green Bay needs to be re-examined.

UserPostedImage
steveishere
9 years ago
The final score doesn't matter so much if it's a situation where a team brings the score within 7 or 8 points on a last second play or something but in these instances the game was winnable late in the 4th for GB 3 times out of 4. Who "controlled" the game matters not, the final score does. SF won 4 games in a row yeah but 3 of them could have gone either way up until the very end. In both games last year GB had a 4th quarter lead. One stop in each game and it's 2-2. There's not such a huge gap there like you are making it out to be.
earthquake
9 years ago
from what I understand, Ted Thompson will be the one to extend Mike McCarthy's contract, not Murphy, so it makes sense that McCharty wouldn't be signed before Thompson.
blank
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (11h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (12h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (13h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (15h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (15h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (19h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.